• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Lol @ Leafs fans saying Luongo isn't playoff-proven.

Dude not only finishes first overall in the reg season, but he also takes his team to the Stanley Cup Finals, but because he loses, suddenly he sucks.

Oh, and he bailed out his team in the Olympics and brought home the Gold after Brodeur tanked.

But nope, Luongo isn't proven, not good enough for Leaf fans.

I'm not a Canucks fans AT ALL, but I can acknowledge that the guy is a proven winner.

He'll make any team better, if you can get him relatively cheap, you'd be nuts not go for it.

Well, canucks won the president's trophy. Does that mean that the canucks are proven as the best team in the league/playoffs? They got beat in 5 games to LA. Fucking LA. He's a solid goalie in the regular season but really, it's regular season. It's the playoffs that counts.

Um, lets be honest here. Lets not get crazy. There's actually many leaf fans in here that want Luongo. I'm probably the only one that doesn't want him in a leafs uniform.

He's a solid goalie. That's it. Fine, we get Luongo. We get to the playoffs then what? He's a shitty goaltender in the playoffs and that's proven. How can you just lookover that and act like it doesn't matter.

Leafs don't just want to get to the playoffs ONLY, we want to win the stanley cup and Luongo is definitely not getting us there.

Please, gtfo with that.

Solo

Go away for a day and the lockout ends. How about that. Don't really give two shits about this season though (burned out on/loathe everyone involved), but I'll be fully on board for 2013-2014.

Ok so there's a rumor animated avatars are back..... If this is true is there a kind soul who can av-ify this for me? I have no idea how difficult it is so feel free to tell me to go to hell if it would take too much.

giroux.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, false alarm... Leaving the .gif up for good measure.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Go away for a day and the lockout ends. How about that. Don't really give two shits about this season though (burned out on/loathe everyone involved), but I'll be fully on board for 2013-2014.

Can I borrow your Eller doll for the rest of this season?

Acid08

Banned
Well, canucks won the president's trophy. Does that mean that the canucks are proven as the best team in the league/playoffs? They got beat in 5 games to LA. Fucking LA. He's a solid goalie in the regular season but really, it's regular season. It's the playoffs that counts.

Um, lets be honest here. Lets not get crazy. There's actually many leaf fans in here that want Luongo. I'm probably the only one that doesn't want him in a leafs uniform.

He's a solid goalie. That's it. Fine, we get Luongo. We get to the playoffs then what? He's a shitty goaltender in the playoffs and that's proven. How can you just lookover that and act like it doesn't matter.

Leafs don't just want to get to the playoffs ONLY, we want to win the stanley cup and Luongo is definitely not getting us there.

Please, gtfo with that.
Schneider played three games against the Kings last playoffs, losing game 5.

Schneider is younger, more affordable, carries less baggage, is arguably better and just went up in cost. That's why Luongo is being traded. He's still a great goalie.

Hey look, you guys got ginger. We got shit. We might get another solid goalie, we've had solid goalies before which got us to the playoffs (Joseph, Belfour). I'm not comparing my love for Joseph and Belfour (eagle) to Luongo because both of them eat Luongo alive. But point being, if leafs are giving up too much for Luongo. Fuck off. If the leafs are giving up the absolute minimal and I mean minimal, I don't see a problem or why not? But that's not going to happen. Lets be real. Again, a solid goalie that will lead us to the playoffs and probably tank there. Period. We don't need that.

I think you're confusing Fortuneson for Leafs-GAF. Two different entities, he doesn't speak for any of us.

Don't worry bruh, I got you covered in my post as I knew you would be responding with that. I thought of you man. I didn't leave you hanging. :)

True that. I'd take Luongo in a damn heartbeat. It'd be CuJo mark II.

Huh? Even at any cost? I love the fact that we have leaf fans that think like that. I mean, we definitely do need more leaf fans up in here that think like that.

Acid08

Banned
Hey look, you guys got ginger. We got shit. We might get another solid goalie, we've had solid goalies before which got us to the playoffs (Joseph, Belfour). I'm not comparing my love for Joseph and Belfour (eagle) to Luongo because both of them eat Luongo alive. But point being, if leafs are giving up too much for Luongo. Fuck off. If the leafs are giving up the absolute minimal and I mean minimal, I don't see a problem or why not? But that's not going to happen. Lets be real. Again, a solid goalie that will lead us to the playoffs and probably tank there. Period. We don't need that.

Something you're apparently not very good at.

Luongo gives you the best chance to win out of all available goalies.

Screw this, I'm already stressed out about the season and how the Wings will do and they haven't even actually signed the official CBA! :/

Anddd the last horse crosses the finish line!

that was the joke, yes.

Actually, it would probably be more correct to say Flint instead of Detroit.

CREMSteve

Please, gtfo with that.

Fucking LA? Did you even WATCH the playoffs last year? The Kings played fantastic, they were an unstoppable juggernaut. Luongo did NOT play poorly in that series, he was one of the only bright spots on his team in the first few games, he was pulled because Vancouver has wanted an excuse to pull the trigger on him.

Are you saying you as a LEafs fan wouldn't be happy with first overall, and game 7 of the finals, instead of missing the playoffs on an annual basis?

Give me a fucking break.

Socreges

Banned
CREMSteve said:
he was pulled because Vancouver has wanted an excuse to pull the trigger on him.
When you're down 2-0 in a series and your backup was one of the top 3 goalies during the regular season, the coach would be stupid to not try and mix things up. Had nothing to do with "wanting an excuse".

I still think the Canucks could have possibly won that series if Daniel had been healthy for the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll have to double check but I think salary wise Burke put the Leafs in a good situation after this season.

CCF23

When you're down 2-0 in a series and your backup was one of the top 3 goalies during the regular season, the coach would be stupid to not try and mix things up. Had nothing to do with "wanting an excuse".

I still think the Canucks could have possibly won that series if Daniel had been healthy for the playoffs.

It very well might have. The games were (for the most part), close. We'll never know, though.

Fei

I cannot wait to see what the fuck Homer does. I can't even begin to predict what he's gonna do. He clearly doesn't want to lose G, but on the other hand the cap....

I expect a wild ride.

No sane GM would ever let Giroux become a cap casualty. He's already at $3.75M each year. Doubling that in 2014 seems about right if he stays on his trajectory. Shouldn't be too hard. If you need to buy out Briere after the 2013-14 season, you've got plenty of room.

Something you're apparently not very good at.

And obviously the sharks when it comes to playoffs hockey. :p

Luongo gives you the best chance to win out of all available goalies.

Win? Yeah. Okay, we get to the 1st round of the playoffs and most probably exit and then what? The worst part is, depending on what the leafs give up for him and he's shitting the bed come playoffs will lead to ---> Shit will sting like hell. Now, I'm going by his playoffs performance with Vancouver. When he played in Florida, he didn't even make the playoffs. Again, his team in front of him then was shit but then he went to Vancouver which had a pretty stacked team and he couldn't do it in the playoffs. Dude is mentally fragile as fuck, not proven in the playoffs whatsoever.

Regular season? Yeah, sure. But regular season record doesn't mean shit. We all know that.

CCF23

Indeed, but it's foolish to simply ignore the fact that the Kings played terrific hockey just so you can place the blame on Luongo.

Oh, absolutely. Luongo played well in the games he played. Schneider was better once he got the chance, but to pin the blame on Luongo would be wrong.

Credit where it's due, the Kings just won the series. They played better as a team. Period.

Win? Yeah. Okay, we get to the 1st round of the playoffs and most probably exit and then what? The worst part is, depending on what the leafs give up for him and he's shitting the bed come playoffs will lead to ---> Shit will sting like hell. Now, I'm going by his playoffs performance with Vancouver. When he played in Florida, he didn't even make the playoffs. Again, his team in front of him then was shit but then he went to Vancouver which had a pretty stacked team and he couldn't do it in the playoffs. Dude is mentally fragile as fuck, not proven in the playoffs whatsoever.

Regular season? Yeah, sure. But regular season record doesn't mean shit. We all know that.

Because, you know, Luongo's only been the best player in the Dallas series, the Anaheim series, the St. Louis series, the San Jose series, etc...

He's inconsistent in the playoffs, sure. I can buy that. To say he's straight up terrible in the playoffs? Complete fabrication.

CREMSteve

Oh, absolutely. Luongo played well in the games he played. Schneider was better once he got the chance, but to pin the blame on Luongo would be wrong.

Credit where it's due, the Kings just won the series. They played better as a team. Period.

Agreed.

Acid08

Banned
And obviously the sharks when it comes to playoffs hockey. :p

If the Laffs were to make the playoffs I'd be more worried about the team in front on Luongo than Luongo himself. At least he has been in the playoffs before.

Top Bottom