• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Curufinwe

Dredger said today Vancouver was asking for Kadri, Bozak and a 2nd from Burke, and he wasn't having any of it.

They keep overplaying their hand like that and they'll end up having to spend $27m to buy him out.

CAPGKGKGK.jpg

Curufinwe

Why would anyone buyout Pronger? You can get the LTIR credit for him....

It seems like since he was 35 when he signed his contract buying Pronger out would not save the Flyers any cap dollars, so they definitely won't.

Bryzgalov is up to #6 on capgeek's latest Most Popular Buyouts list, and Pronger is down to 10th.

gaming_noob

Good thing Seguin is no longer a Leaf! *sob*

Boston Bruins winger Tyler Seguin will be remembered for something other than the 25 goals he scored in 29 games while playing for EHC Biel in the Swiss A hockey league.

No, Swiss hockey fans were left talking about another aspect of the 20-year-old’s time in Switzerland’s top league: His verging on repulsive filthiness.

Upon leaving Biel at the end of last month, Blick.ch, a popular online tabloid in Switzerland, found out just how dirty Seguin was, portraying the Bruins’ young gun as something of a slob.

According to Blick, bottles, trash and dirty linen littered the floor as bananas were left to rot on a table following his departure.

The publication also reported that Seguin clearly didn’t know how to use appliances, claiming he attempted to wash clothes in a dryer.
Blick learned of the incident after contacting the cleaning company responsible for Seguin’s apartment.

“You could tell it was the first time a young, single man had an apartment,” Lüpold, the company in charge of tidying up the living space, told the site.

Further, Seguin either didn’t know how to, or didn’t care to, use the dishwasher, instead reportedly purchasing plastic tableware when he ran out of clean plates.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/0...guin-leaves-swiss-apartment-in-tatters-report

sammich

Kadri, bozak and a 2nd? Id sure as hell would do it. This almost guarantees that the leafs will make the playoffs. Im not sure why thats not a deal they would make. Kadri as much as every leaf fan would love otherwise, hasnt proven that he can stick with a shit leafs team. Bozak? Wasnt he a free wallet? 2nd is a gamble.

If it included Gardiner, thats a big FUCK YOU from me. I think at this point Gardiner is worth more around the league and to the leafs than Kadri will ever be.

Though im not sure if Luongo would work well with a defensive system that Carlyle would bring in as opposed to no defense Ron Wilson type system. Luongo seems to be a goalie that requires shots to be on top of his game.

Oh now you're supposed to worry about some kid who's going to take your job?
While you sit at home on your computer like a fat slob?
Facebooking Paul Stastny or retweeting BizNasty
Or instagramming pictures of Byfuglien's angioplasty?

Amazing

I wouldn't - kadri hasn't had the chance the shine

You really wouldnt give up 2 guys that havent shown anything in the NHL and a 2nd for a goalie that has put up some really good seasons? As I Flyers fan I can tell you that goalie is by far the hardest position to fill. I would think that trade would be a no brainer for the Leafs, Lou most likely makes them a playoff team.

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break" - Kovalchuk to Sport-Express

Amazing loyalty given the massive contract he signed with NJ.

Talon

"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break" - Kovalchuk to Sport-Express

Oh, Kovy being Kovy.

Alucard

Banned
Kadri, bozak and a 2nd? Id sure as hell would do it. This almost guarantees that the leafs will make the playoffs. Im not sure why thats not a deal they would make. Kadri as much as every leaf fan would love otherwise, hasnt proven that he can stick with a shit leafs team. Bozak? Wasnt he a free wallet? 2nd is a gamble.

If it included Gardiner, thats a big FUCK YOU from me. I think at this point Gardiner is worth more around the league and to the leafs than Kadri will ever be.

Though im not sure if Luongo would work well with a defensive system that Carlyle would bring in as opposed to no defense Ron Wilson type system. Luongo seems to be a goalie that requires shots to be on top of his game.

I totally would've made that trade. But I'm not a GM.

Alucard

Banned

"Sadly, gotta go back to my tens of millions. But my heart is here."

snack

Seriously. Do the Leafs think they can get Luongo for nothing or something? How highly do they value Bozak and Kadri? Damn.
I picture the conversation between Burke and
Gillis going something like this:

MG: "How's Bozak, Kadri and a 2nd for Luongo sound?"

BB: "Hells nah, Lu doesn't even have a ring."

MG: "... When was the last time your team made the playoffs?"

E-DuB

Taken a while, and it's already been said in a number of ways in the last few pages, but that was a pretty bs move by "The Board" to remove Burke. Good to know who's actually running this dog and pony show we call hockey team. Mind I have nothing against Nonis but I would have preferred to have Burkie's dismissal based on the team's success this year.

I really hope the 'Nucks fleece the Leafs if the Bobby Lu trade ends up going through.

Heretic

Bullshit. Tweets like that mean nothing. If he wanted to leave so badly then he would've left last FA period.

We need Burke back so fucking badly. Bob Murray is hated by all.

Perry and Getzlaf need to get signed fast. Perry is almost a no brainer for a max contract. Would you go max with Getzy too? I'm a big fan of Getzlaf even after this horrendous past season so I would.

What you say, Dastardly?

Quick

Banned
They've always been the ones running the team, Burke's just had control over the players coming in or out.

They can fire whoever they want for whatever reason they wish to give, but the reasoning they've given is pretty weak and should be subject to scrutiny.

Top Bottom