• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Are they? I would say they're basically anti-competitive with eachother. Collusion and corruption abounds with the telecoms in Canada. When Rogers and Bell offer the exact same TV/phone/internet packages at the exact same price, it's pretty fucking fishy.

Naah you're crazy Solo.

If there was a problem I'm sure the CRTC would have stepped in a while ago to take care of it.

Socreges

Banned
Are they? I would say they're basically anti-competitive with eachother. Collusion and corruption abounds with the telecoms in Canada. When Rogers and Bell offer the exact same TV/phone/internet packages at the exact same price, it's pretty fucking fishy.
Mmmhmm.

Solo

Which is why its endlessly amusing to hear people say "I've had it with Rogers. I'm going to Bell!" and vice versa.

TSN vs Sportsnet
CTV vs City
Etc...

Quick

Banned
Bob McCown claims he has info that there is going to be a war between Bell and Rogers soon, that they can't work with each other as they have different corporate cultures and are way too competitive with each other

I suspect it has to do with who gets to show which games on TV and radio

Surprise, surprise.

Is it possible to hire someone to be the middle man between the two companies and run MLSE? That person would still have to answer to Bell and Rogers, but I'd like to think that he or she would get some autonomy for day-to-day operations.

I wish some rich guy who actually cares about hockey buys the Leafs/MLSE. Someone clone Pegula and make that clone a Leafs fan and have him buy out the team.

ATF487

First game against the Rangers? Not quite the Habs but it'll do.

Just signed up for a TV package to get NESN...fuckin comcast and their monopoly in cambridge

E-DuB

Bob McCown claims he has info that there is going to be a war between Bell and Rogers soon, that they can't work with each other as they have different corporate cultures and are way too competitive with each other

I suspect it has to do with who gets to show which games on TV and radio

I'm amazed that both sides thought that they could work TOGETHER in this endeavor. It was probably more of a "get a stake now and sort it out later" mentality. I don't blame for thinking like that, but HA bloody HA if this info is true.

I know. Best Buy vs. FutureShop.

Although I guess that's not as bad of a case, as Best Buy doesn't try to hide the fact that it owns Futureshop.

Not at all

TSN and Sportsnet hate each other, owned by different companies

BB and FS are owned by the same company

Solo

Not at all

TSN and Sportsnet hate each other, owned by different companies

BB and FS are owned by the same company

That was my original point - one is owned by Rogers and one by Bell. But since Rogers and Bell are in collusion they might as well be the same company. At least as far as I'm concerned as a consumer.

That was my original point - one is owned by Rogers and one by Bell. But since Rogers and Bell are in collusion they might as well be the same company. At least as far as I'm concerned as a consumer.

I prefer the way Sportsnet presents games, and they have Jays games

I do understand your point though

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Two more spots left in the GAF Yahoo! Fantasy pool. PM me with your email address if you want in.

The fact that they kept everything the same except Burke told me they did it for superficial reasons.

edit-

also I like how the super smart cynical writers are saying that Perry would've came here because of Burke... now that he's gone. hahaha stupid leaf fans!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Surprise, surprise.

Is it possible to hire someone to be the middle man between the two companies and run MLSE? That person would still have to answer to Bell and Rogers, but I'd like to think that he or she would get some autonomy for day-to-day operations.
Like who? Ken Rosenberg?

Bitter, or just clueless when it comes to any other team than your own?

Well, yes bitter, but I don't think that's what's motivating this. Those other lines aren't particularly intimidating. It's jarring when compared against the stellar first line.

If people disagree with me about the Rangers second through fourth line I'd be interested in hearing about it....

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sunday > Monday, can't be on at 4... Would have to be like 5pm PST for me... Sunday is fine.

Cactus

Banned
McCowen and Shannon (both sportsnet guys) have been contradicting each other recently.

Shannon (pre-firing): Burke and Gillis have a deal in place that will send Luongo to Toronto. Return indirectly suggested to be Bozak+Kadri

McCown (post-firing): Burke fired because he wouldn't trade Gardiner+Kadri for Luongo

Shannon (post-firing): Nonis more likely to deal for Luongo than Burke. Might not last the year.

Well, yes bitter, but I don't think that's what's motivating this. Those other lines aren't particularly intimidating. It's jarring when compared against the stellar first line.

If people disagree with me about the Rangers second through fourth line I'd be interested in hearing about it....

Again those un-itimadating lines embarrassed your team last year. Your goaltending and D are still shit. The Rangers offense overall has gotten better. Might not be intimidating to some teams but more than enough to make the Flyer's "D" shit themselves.

Remember when Mike Rupp scored 2 goals in one game against the Flyers? Mike Rupp! He had 4 goals in all of last year!

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Again those un-itimadating lines embarrassed your team last year. Your goaltending and D are still shit. The Rangers offense overall has gotten better. Might not be intimidating to some teams but more than enough to make the Flyer's "D" shit themselves.

Remember when Mike Rupp scored 2 goals in one game against the Flyers? Mike Rupp! He had 4 goals in all of last year!

Man, I've missed stuff like this. So glad to have hockey back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

What has your goalie been doing this year? I thought he'd be one to keep sharp and go play overseas in Sweden, no?

Um, yea, our D is bad. I said it before.

Your second through fourth lines still aren't very good. You guys matchup really well against us. Congrats. If Bryz gets moderately better I still say we have really comparable teams when compared against the rest of the league.

Unfortunately I don't expect Bryz to improve :(

Um, yea, our D is bad. I said it before.

Your second through fourth lines still aren't very good. You guys matchup really well against us. Congrats. If Bryz gets moderately better I still say we have really comparable teams when compared against the rest of the league.

Unfortunately I don't expect Bryz to improve :(

The second line center scored 50 points last year and is only getting better, and that second line right wing scored 29 goals last year. Real shit I know. They'll also be seeing team's 2nd and 3rd pairs more often (or for the Flyers, a normal team's 3rd and 4th pairs).

All I'm saying is if you are gonna rag on another teams offense, make sure that team's offense didn't make your own team look foolish for 6 straight games.

Enjoy the salt.

628440.JPG

Socreges

Banned
Lines the Rangers have been skating with in their "informal" practice:

Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, Ryan Callahan
Chris Kreider, Brian Boyle, Taylor Pyatt
Arron Asham, Jeff Halpern, Mike Rupp
Kreider on the 3rd line?? Somewhere in New York KingHenrik is preparing a strongly worded post.

Stasis

Your second through fourth lines still aren't very good.

Firstly, there's a very strong chance you're gonna see Nash and Gaborik on separate lines very often, which spreads the talent around.

Secondly, the second line you're referring to as "not very good" contains our captain who just happens to be hard-working, hard-hitting, close-to-30 goal scorer. A kind of Dustin Brown player. Stepan is entering his 3rd year, aged 22, and has proven himself to be a smart 50pt center thus far. Without progress he's still a good 2nd C, and we expect him to continue his upward trend. Fill in the top 6 with one of Kreider/Hagelin who both showed impressive flashes last year, and are both extremely fast players...

Our top 6 needs to be in any discussion of "best top 6's around the league", and not anywhere near a "not very good".

Bottom 6 has some question marks and could be better, definitely. Especially the bottom 3 players. We have some young talent that should be able to fill that up sooner or later. Hrivik, Miller, etc. I'm hoping there's another pick-up at some point, another C hopefully.

Firstly, there's a very strong chance you're gonna see Nash and Gaborik on separate lines very often, which spreads the talent around.

Secondly, the second line you're referring to as "not very good" contains our captain who just happens to be hard-working, hard-hitting, close-to-30 goal scorer. A kind of Dustin Brown player. Stepan is entering his 3rd year, aged 22, and has proven himself to be a smart 50pt center thus far. Without progress he's still a good 2nd C, and we expect him to continue his upward trend. Fill in the top 6 with one of Kreider/Hagelin who both showed impressive flashes last year, and are both extremely fast players...

Our top 6 needs to be in any discussion of "best top 6's around the league", and not anywhere near a "not very good".

Bottom 6 has some question marks and could be better, definitely. Especially the bottom 3 players. We have some young talent that should be able to fill that up sooner or later. Hrivik, Miller, etc. I'm hoping there's another pick-up at some point, another C hopefully.

Don't bother dude, he's bitter. BWG hasn't always been the most reliable source of player evaluation anyways (cough corey schneider)

Curufinwe

All those wins against the Flyers didn't help any when the Devils choked the life out of your offense, too. No wonder you're still jacking off to a regular season result from more than a year ago.

Top Bottom