• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Soon we can laugh at Louongo in Toronto together.

I'm slightly sad we're not playing Toronto this season :(

18/02/2012 TOR 2 @ VAN 6
17/12/2011 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
18/12/2010 TOR 1 @ VAN 4
13/11/2010 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
30/01/2010 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
24/10/2009 TOR 1 @ VAN 3
21/02/2009 VAN 3 @ TOR 2 (SO)
15/11/2008 TOR 2 @ VAN 4
13/01/2007 VAN 6 @ TOR 1
10/01/2006 TOR 3 @ VAN 4

Did we only play them once a season in 06/07 and 05/06, and not at all in 07/08? I don't remember, but both the Leafs and Canucks website only have those records.

snack

I'm slightly sad we're not playing Toronto this season :(

18/02/2012 TOR 2 @ VAN 6
17/12/2011 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
18/12/2010 TOR 1 @ VAN 4
13/11/2010 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
30/01/2010 VAN 5 @ TOR 3
24/10/2009 TOR 1 @ VAN 3
21/02/2009 VAN 3 @ TOR 2 (SO)
15/11/2008 TOR 2 @ VAN 4

The records on the Canucks' website only go to the 08/09 season, so I can't go back further, unfortunately. But yeah, 4 seasons/8 games of guaranteed points shall be missed

http://youtu.be/6AdZxj4ABhs
I LOVE THIS

snack

CCLkl.png

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I keep reading and hearing about the Oilers and their stars are tearing up the AHL and how dominate they were and how good OKC is, I check the AHL stats.................................................................

To be fair, the Oilers wunderkids (Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Justin Schultz, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) DID tear up the AHL. They held up their bargain. Justin Schultz, in his first pro year, scored 18G 30A in 34 games. Taylor Hall, coming off shoulder surgery, scored 14G 20A in 24 games.

I'm actually excited about Ales Hemsky. He's my favorite player. People have forgotten about him. By all accounts, he's finally healthy and had been tearing up the Czech league.

Socreges

Banned
quiting because my knees are still in pain. may take the year off and see how it goes next year.
How much time did you give it to rest? I took a year off for my knee and it wasn't quite enough so my return to soccer back in the Fall didn't go as I'd hoped. Knee acted up again so I took a couple months off before transferring to down two divisions to a friend's team. Much happier now. Easy training and I don't get tackled as brutally. The knee feels good. Also means I can snowboard regularly again.

And that I won't be a gimp in five years. Chronic knee problems are the worst. If you don't already: get a cold/hot pack and microwave it for a minute (or to a bearable temp) and put it on the knee for 15 min twice daily. Helped me a lot.

CCF23

To be fair, the Oilers wunderkids (Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Justin Schultz, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) DID tear up the AHL. They held up their bargain. Justin Schultz, in his first pro year, scored 18G 30A in 34 games. Taylor Hall, coming off shoulder surgery, scored 14G 20A in 24 games.

I'm actually excited about Ales Hemsky. He's my favorite player. People have forgotten about him. By all accounts, he's finally healthy and had been tearing up the Czech league.

Yeah, scoring goals will not be a problem for the Oilers. What's going to determine between making the playoffs or finishing 11th or 12th in the conference will be if Dubnyk holds up and what the D in front of him looks like.

Revenant

How much time did you give it to rest? I took a year off for my knee and it wasn't quite enough so my return to soccer back in the Fall didn't go as I'd hoped. Knee acted up again so I took a couple months off before transferring to down two divisions to a friend's team. Much happier now. Easy training and I don't get tackled as brutally. The knee feels good. Also means I can snowboard regularly again.

And that I won't be a gimp in five years. Chronic knee problems are the worst. If you don't already: get a cold/hot pack and microwave it for a minute (or to a bearable temp) and put it on the knee for 15 min twice daily. Helped me a lot.

what he said, i need to buy some for after hockey, my legs are usually spent by the end.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
AqEhL.png

That's what I'm talking about. We can't have a guy who doesn't even watch his team out salt the two biggest hockey markets in the world.

PS. Rielly is a cunt. A dirty, homeless man blowing cunt who looks like he got defensive tips from Campoli.
I hope Galchenyuk stays with the Habs for the full season.

He'll stay with Gomez and Gomez will teach him all of his 2 goal ways and how to do it with a shit eating grin

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just started through Ashodin's thread (girl paying for his flight to meet him).

SLEEP? Nope.
When I was reading it, I couldn't believe it wasn't a FortunateSon thread. So good.

Just heard that one of the Leafs picks they gave to move up and grab Biggs became Gibson :lol

i gave it 2 months. not the smartest idea. had trouble walking during the summer to playing once it felt better.
will give the hot/cold pad a try. still gonna play pond hockey as forward but no more intense goalie sessions.

Socreges

Banned
Is that herpes or stitches on Pat Kane's lip

Also lol @ Ryan Whitney saying that SI must be high for putting them at #3. Always good when your #1 dman endorses the team like that

It's good to have hockey back.

what he said, i need to buy some for after hockey, my legs are usually spent by the end.

i gave it 2 months. not the smartest idea. had trouble walking during the summer to playing once it felt better.
will give the hot/cold pad a try. still gonna play pond hockey as forward but no more intense goalie sessions.
Twice daily might be too intense, so like Rev said it's definitely a good idea to have the heat on after exercise. I also put it on before soccer - has seemed to help.

Montresor

Now I have to wait for 15 more posts before I can safely browse this thread. =/ God dammit Solo.

Here's hoping Carey Price gets lit up, and all the smurfs get their bums plowed. The Habs are gonna get rocked next Saturday.

FOOTE

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/548/180/misa-campo-montreal-canadians_original_crop_650x440.jpg?1321029968[/MG]
[IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100906144050/armchair-new/images/1/15/Misacampo_hotpic.jpg[/MG]
[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/285626/JC2.JPG[/MG][/QUOTE]

It's gonna be a good day.

Beez

Banned
My dad finally said something good about the Leafs. He said at least Nonis is Greek and will know what he's doing like Anthopolous.

Socreges

Banned
So many of the players talking about their fitness have not sounded confident at all. Kinda pathetic. Will be interesting to see who struggles in January.

Red_Man

I just want PK to be signed already, and LeBrun said he chose Montreal as his surprise team to make the playoffs. You guys doubted the goatee once, don't make the same mistake twice....

Here's hoping Carey Price gets lit up, and all the smurfs get their bums plowed. The Habs are gonna get rocked next Saturday.
Just because our #1 center, captain, and highest paid player are all below 6 feet does not make us smurfs!

Solo

Habs Top 4 D will actually be pretty good this year if everyone stays healthy.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin

Problem comes beyond that, where you get

Boullion-Kaberle
Diaz-Weber

Same goes for the forwards, too. I can see us icing 2 good lines and 2 not so good lines.

So many of the players talking about their fitness have not sounded confident at all. Kinda pathetic. Will be interesting to see who struggles in January.

Meanwhile Chris Stewart has dropped 25 lbs and according to Jolly Old Saint Hitch has never looked better on the ice.

Traded by 2013-14 regardless.

Red_Man

Habs Top 4 D will actually be pretty good this year if everyone stays healthy.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Emelin

Problem comes beyond that, where you get

Boullion-Kaberle
Diaz-Weber

Same goes for the forwards, too. I can see us icing 2 good lines and 2 not so good lines.
Kaberle still put up great points while here, just his defensive / physical game is nonexistent. Maybe Therrien can get his ass into gear, and we finally have a legit 4th line that won't get pushed around.

Alucard

Banned
So, the schedule is due out tomorrow?

Gotta occupy my mind with other stuff until then. Shouldn't be too hard. See you guys in a week for the start of the season. Go Pens.

Gotta occupy my mind with other stuff until then. Shouldn't be too hard. See you guys in a week for the start of the season. Go Pens.
PA vote ends at 8am est time. I suggest you follow, Saturaday will be Free Agency redux and will be glorious.

PA vote ends at 8am est time. I suggest you follow, Saturaday will be Free Agency redux and will be glorious.

I hope we see a lot of crazy moves. Homers got $10m in cap space, hopefully he does something totally crazy. I wonder if any teams are in cap trouble, maybe he could fleece someone for a defenseman.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Yeah Bettman said at conf that NHL intends to release schedules immediately (in parrallel) on NHLPA ratification

NHLPA says ratification vote started 8 pm last night and runs until 8 am tomorrow morning

Top Bottom