• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Solo

All ready for the Jan. 19!

untitled88cjq.jpg

I just accepted that hockey might not be back to make it easier. I have been a Habs fan for almost 30 years, of course I'm going to be all in.

Yeah as much as I am down about the lockout I am still excited to have hockey back. Hopefully this season wont be to terrible. Last shortened season a Flyer got the MVP so maybe that will keep up this year.

Solo

I feel like there will be more juniors than usual making the jump to the NHL this season. A short season makes for a nice breaking in season for young guys.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gallagher's response when asked if he would be surprised if he made the team out of camp:

“I don’t think I would be surprised. I expect to be there,” says the 20 year-old native of Delta, British Columbia. “It may surprise other people if I’m there but for me it’s just an expectation I have on myself.”

I'm loving the confidence, but I don't see how he can make it up unless there's an injury, which I'm sure there will be at some point.

I don't think you need to advertise it that much. People will clearly be able to see the wide gaping anus of the Habs after Dion Phaneuf rends them a new anal cavity.
You talking about the guy who sounds like a little girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPimLc42EGk

Solo

Well, Leblanc's out, which is where I think Galchenyuk gets his chance. Gallagher though I think doesn't crack it til next season.

Red_Man

Well, Leblanc's out, which is where I think Galchenyuk gets his chance. Gallagher though I think doesn't crack it til next season.
What do you mean by out? Due to injury or just not going to make it? He's playing for the Dogs now, but he's been pretty shit lately and some believe he's still having lingering injury issues. Gallagher makes the team before him anyways imo, but yea especially with Galchenyuk there's no room for 2 Gallys on the team atm.

Here's TSN's fantasy rankings btw, no Oiler's at #3 this time:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

dem

Sigh. I hate this city, sometimes. People are quick to forgive Pavelec over the drunk driving incident (which included hiding it from the team before signing a big contract extension), but had Kane done that, people would be calling for his head.

Probably because Kane has a history of being a douche..

In a town like Winnipeg.. it gets out quick.

Solo

What do you mean by out? Due to injury or just not going to make it? He's playing for the Dogs now, but he's been pretty shit lately and some believe he's still having lingering injury issues. Gallagher makes the team before him anyways imo, but yea especially with Galchenyuk there's no room for 2 Gallys on the team atm.

Here's TSN's fantasy rankings btw, no Oiler's at #3 this time:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

Sorry, I meant injuries, yeah. I figure if everyone is healthy, Leblanc makes it first. But with his issues, the door is wide open for Gally. I figure Gallagher will be the go-to call-up though, and Leblanc too when hes healthy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1313781--brian-burke-exclusive-interview-former-maple-leafs-gm-says-he-was-stunned-by-firing

Burke was driving to the airport on Wednesday to catch a 10:30 flight to New York for an NHL board of governors meeting when he answered a phone call from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment chief operating officer Tom Anselmi. Anselmi asked Burke to instead come to the team’s offices at the Air Canada Centre where he was told he wasn’t in charge of the Leafs anymore.

Again not in shock that he was fired but shocked about the timing of it. Doesn't seem like something they would have planned for a while if they call him on Wednesday morning while he was already scheduled to head to New York.

Red_Man

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/article/1313781--brian-burke-exclusive-interview-former-maple-leafs-gm-says-he-was-stunned-by-firing

Again not in shock that he was fired but shocked about the timing of it. Doesn't seem like something they would have planned for a while if they call him on Wednesday morning while he was already scheduled to head to New York.
Sounds like something that's been brewing for a while, and something very recently happened to set it off in the past week. Weird because Burke was in Ufa for the WJ's...

Curufinwe

Yeah as much as I am down about the lockout I am still excited to have hockey back. Hopefully this season wont be to terrible. Last shortened season a Flyer got the MVP so maybe that will keep up this year.

I look it at like missing two and half months of regular season hockey was a small price to pay to put an end to the really ridiculous contracts, and to get the chance to buyout Bryzgalov if necessary.

And the Flyers defense was too weak and injury prone to last a full season.

I look it at like missing two and half months of regular season hockey was a small price to pay to put an end to the really ridiculous contracts, and to get the chance to buyout Bryzgalov if necessary.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bold prediction. They Flyers will be an average team at D. I think our D is underrated. I don't think they're GOOD in comparison to the rest of the league, but if Mez is healthy I don't think we're BAD in comparison to the rest of the league.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So many of the players talking about their fitness have not sounded confident at all. Kinda pathetic. Will be interesting to see who struggles in January.

Two words: Big Buff.

Also I know I'm late, but I'll also give my support to heat pads. Didn't help me in the long run (Shoulder wasn't salvageable), but it DID help for the week after playing a couple competitive games a day, because without the heat pads I would probably not have been able to move my shoulder at all.

Also, try going to Physical therapy, not necessarily for the actual therapy, but they have some awesome advice on proper bandaging, to somewhat spread the pressure to surrounding regions.

Red_Man

Lines at practice....

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Eller
Prust-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-White-Armstrong

I don't know why the fuck they insist on putting Eller on the wing, he's much better at center....

Yay, another center....... :|

Convert him to defense!

You are right on about them not holding up for a whole year. Guys were wearing down like crazy end of last year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lines at practice....

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Eller
Prust-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-White-Armstrong

I don't know why the fuck they insist on putting Eller on the wing, he's much better at center....

Seriously asking...

Do these line combos even matter? It's not like they are even communicating with the coaching staff yet.

Red_Man

Seriously asking...

Do these line combos even matter? It's not like they are even communicating with the coaching staff yet.
Therrien had a sign up in his office back when he was hired during an interview that was pretty similar with Eller at wing. Habs management has been trying to force him there for whatever reason and it's not working. Obviously these will be juggled around, but the thought of them wasting him on wing for 1 more minute is frustrating.

Merguson

Banned
Sounds like something that's been brewing for a while, and something very recently happened to set it off in the past week. Weird because Burke was in Ufa for the WJ's...

The consensus seems to be that the board didn't really like Burke's style of presenting himself to the public.

They wanted a more corporate GM.. and Dave Nonis is basically that.

It seems to make the most sense because if they aren't happy with team performance (and I'm sure they aren't) they would have gotten a new GM and get rid of the front office, not promote Burke's right hand man.

And Burke said he has every intention of staying with the organization (until his contract runs out). Burke said he suggested staying on to help Dave Nonis when MLSE told him they were firing him.

Solo

Lines at practice....

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Eller
Prust-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-White-Armstrong

Because Gomez. Don't worry, it'll soon be over. The good news is that it means Eller will get a LOT more icetime and more responsibilities. So its actually more of a compliment to his progression than an insult.

I'd like to see the 2013-2014 centre depth chart go:

Plekanec
Galchenyuk
Eller
White

With DD moved to wing. This season though, we'll have to grin and bear Scotty G.

Top Bottom