• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Beez

Banned
Yeah Bettman said at conf that NHL intends to release schedules immediately (in parrallel) on NHLPA ratification

NHLPA says ratification vote started 8 pm last night and runs until 8 am tomorrow morning

Yay! Thank you dopey you are keeping me all up to date!! I'm so excited!!!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
JVBcc.jpg

Bourque speaks for the first time since I think April

Bourque said:
"I definitely have something to prove to the people here and the organization, but I'm confident in myself that I'm still a good player. I know I am. I just have to go out there starting next Saturday and prove it."

http://www.globalnews.ca/entertainm...better+than+last+season/6442785731/story.html

Fei

Sabres beat writers saying the first game on NBC will be Buffalo and Philly, 12:30 on Sunday. Excited, but that means my season will be starting off with some creepy Pierre.

Damn would suck if the Flyers had to open with the Pens and Sabers back to back. That is a tough way to start.

And two afternoon games. Flyers are probably gonna get a lot of those games too since we get really good NBC ratings and they're gonna try to make sure to schedule as many high profile games as possible in the short time they have.

And two afternoon games. Flyers are probably gonna get a lot of those games too since we get really good NBC ratings and they're gonna try to make sure to schedule as many high profile games as possible in the short time they have.

Didnt the Flyers suck in afternoon games last year? I would rther them play night games but I bet you are right about NBC pushing for teams with big ratings for the shortened season.

Fei

Pretty sure that will be the case for both teams, which sucks. Miller has a propensity for allowing 5-6 goals in afternoon games for whatever reason.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The OP's follow up thread: GAF I'm a father what do I do?
Nah man, she told him it's cool to not use condoms, it's not like she could be lying or anything.

Winnipeg is doing a great job at trying to 1 up Montreal in the running players out of town department. No way Kane last his contract there if shit like that keeps coming up.

Solo

I saw before that the last day of the playoffs is June 25, so I expect back-to-backs in the playoffs.

It does happen. Montreal/Boston Game 6/Game 7 in 2010-2011 was back-to-back (even worse - Montreal one day and Boston the next) because fucking Lady Gaga had the Bell Centre booked and the game had to be pushed.

:lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Weird scheduling change, but I expected it--it's got to be an insane process getting this schedule done.

Solo

Maybe there WILL be 2 out of conference games.

I mean, 4 games x 4 division teams = 16 games
3 games x 10 conference teams = 30 games, 46 total
1 game x 2 other conference teams = 2 games, 48 total

Just a guess. I know NYR's alleged sched refutes it, but....how else do you decide which 2 of 10 out of division teams you play 3 times instead of 2?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I am definitely in favor of less division games, I thought people were saying it was going to be more at first.

Divs were to be 5/5/4/4 and 3 for rest of conf

That schedule properly shows 5/5/4/4 (so my bad, I'm blind)

So either they are having a 46 game season, or the sched is uneven

Weird that it would be 46 games when everyone has been saying 48. They do need some out of conference games so all the Canadian teams can play each other.

Solo

Divs were to be 5/5/4/4 and 3 for rest of conf

That schedule properly shows 5/5/4/4 (so my bad, I'm blind)

So either they are having a 46 game season, or the sched is uneven

5x2 =10
4x2 = 8
3x10 = 30

10 + 8 + 30 = 48

Fuck you, Dopey! Got it all screwed around for nothing :lol

Solo

I'm guessing, for rivalries sake and ratings sake, Habs' 2 teams they play 5 games against will be Toronto and Boston.

Top Bottom