• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Solo

He's feisty as fuck, the hardest working player on the ice, great playmaker, never seems to get hurt despite his small size, and gets easy matchups and has the luxury of centering our two best wingers. Also gets a ton of PP time.

He'll be good for 35 points this season, unless Therrien dismantles his line.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's good with David Desharnais Habs fans? I keep hearing his name dropped as a sexy fantasy sleeper - thoughts?
60 points last year, and will be playing with the same 2 guys, should be a good late pick that I doubt many others will think of unless they're Habs fans. He has room to improve too, especially if he starts shooting more.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They have 4x against the Devils and Islanders
5x against the Pens and Flyers

Edit: Beaten
This is why I didn't post that Rangers schedule yesterday, because if the Rangers are playing the Flyers and Pens 5 times, and the Flyers are playing the Pens 5 times, there's no second team for the Devils and Isles to play 5 times. It would be:

Rangers - Flyers, Penguins
Penguins - Flyers, Rangers
Flyers - Rangers, Penguins
Devils - Islanders
Islanders - Devils

Something is off here.

toro5741

This is why I didn't post that Rangers schedule yesterday, because if the Rangers are playing the Flyers and Pens 5 times, and the Flyers are playing the Pens 5 times, there's no second team for the Devils and Isles to play 5 times. It would be:

Devils - Islanders
Islanders - Devils

Something is off here.

I didn't see anything about the Flyers and Pens playing each other 5x anywhere...

FOOTE

Devils - Islanders
Islanders - Devils

Something is off here.

I came to the same conclusion when I thought about the possible Blues schedule in my head the other day. Forgot to get a pen and write it out to see if I was doing it wrong but it doesn't make sense to me.

Gonna need some explaining over here.

lupinko

Beat ya, CakeEater.

image.php

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Potential Canucks lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian
Schroeder

Terrifying.

Ebbet as 2nd line C? Dear god please no. Also, personally, Raymond can GTFO that 2nd line, I'd much rather see Higgins there. Hope Schroeder gets a couple games as 2C :/ Also you sure Malhotra would be 4C? I thought Lapierre would be 4C...

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Potential Canucks lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian
Schroeder

Terrifying.

This will last about 2 minutes into the first period of their first game. I don't really know why lines would be set before training camp has even begun.

Socreges

Banned
Not liking our forward lines much right now. Hoping that guys like Weise and Kassian have breakout years. I don't think our center situation is salvageable without Luongo bringing someone in, though. But we'll be fine as long as Kesler comes back halfway through.

Wild will probably win the division, methinks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit's schedule:

at St. Louis -- Jan 19
at Columbus -- Jan 21
Dallas -- Jan 22

FINALLY!

CCF23

This will last about 2 minutes into the first period of their first game. I don't really know why lines would be set before training camp has even begun.

Ebbet as 2nd line C? Dear god please no. Also, personally, Raymond can GTFO that 2nd line, I'd much rather see Higgins there. Hope Schroeder gets a couple games as 2C :/ Also you sure Malhotra would be 4C? I thought Lapierre would be 4C...

Higgins third line eh. Hes a stud.

I love me some Ebbett though.

DAT KASSIAN TRADE!!

LE NEXT LUCIC LA BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not liking our forward lines much right now. Hoping that guys like Weise and Kassian have breakout years. I don't think our center situation is salvageable without Luongo bringing someone in, though. But we'll be fine as long as Kesler comes back halfway through.

Wild will probably win the division, methinks.

The second line is the stuff of nightmares. Please tell me it won't come to that.

Yeeeeeeeep. Ebbett and Raymond in the "top 6" before Higgins, Hansen, or Kassian.

3488218_o.gif

bardia

I'm going to blow my brains out if that 2nd line lasts for more than a period. I'd rather have Kassian on first line with the Sedins and try Burrows, Higgins, and Booth on the second line. Much better balance.

Quick

Banned
Cole's last season in the NHL?

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/could-this-be-coles-last-season-in-the-nhl

Also, there could be some Subban news shortly.

I wouldn't expect every player to be happy with the CBA.

I don't want to get back onto the "players already have a ton of money" stuff, but this seems...I don't know, a bit much? He gets taxed for that $4.5 million, sure, but that still leaves plenty for him to survive. And he'd be screwing with the team, as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't expect every player to be happy with the CBA.

I don't want to get back onto the "players already have a ton of money" stuff, but this seems...I don't know, a bit much? He gets taxed for that $4.5 million, sure, but that still leaves plenty for him to survive. And he'd be screwing with the team, as well.

Yeah, I did not like Cole during the CBA bullshit.

Edit: He better have his head in the fucking game.

Followed it all night. Stopped reading at page 18. Care to break it down for me?

oh and... MARK MY WORDS!!!
-GAF finds lady's dating profile
-GAF continues to advise restraint
-OP gets on a plane
-Through his GAF posts, we find he has had 3 "the ones" since the summer
-OP arrives
-GAF finds his YouTube account: Fedoras, hilarity and shops/ gifs
-Detactve GAF gets drunk on power finds Facebook of OP
-Bish enters thread with Shotgun. Thread over.

Also my spider sense is tingling. I'm feeling Loungo will be a Cat again tommorrow. Mattias, Upshall and Clemmensen in Vancouver.

There was a leaked Jets schedule an hour or so ago that lined up with that Rangers schedule for the 3 games they should have this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Do I Leafs one and make sure they have a healthy amount of back to back games. I'm sure HFboards would fall for it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is it worth reading the whole McLovin thread when I get home later? The hype is approaching jbaird and baconbitz levels.

Top Bottom