• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Osorio

Only saw the last 5 minutes of the Rags-Sens game but goddamn Ottawa played beautiful hockey

Great forechecking, smart passing, good D in the neutral zone

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I have to say, an astounding number of Ottawa holds, hooks, and interference penalties weren't called, including one in the last few minutes where Nash was literally being pinned against the boards near the blue line while the puck was behind the Ottawa net.

Wouldn't have changed the result, though. Sens played hard and made us work in the second, and Lehner bailed them out in the third. After an OT divisional game last night and the way the Sens played tonight, we just ran out of legs in the last 10 minutes.

Silexx

Also, I have to say, an astounding number of Ottawa holds, hooks, and interference penalties weren't called, including one in the last few minutes where Nash was literally being pinned against the boards near the blue line while the puck was behind the Ottawa net.

Wouldn't have changed the result, though. Sens played hard and made us work in the second, and Lehner bailed them out in the third. After an OT divisional game last night and the way the Sens played tonight, we just ran out of legs in the last 10 minutes.

There was a lot of that on both ends, my friend.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love the Aquabats.
POOL PARTY BABY IT WAS A COOL POOL PARTY

Means nothing. He'll be date raping some co-ed while Collberg becomes a star.
Seeing as how you were so wrong about the lockout, I'm going to assume that Kristo becomes our best winger of the last 20 years while Collberg ends up a bust and fetching the morning paper for Lidstrom.

Huberderp is the best name for him yet. Going to suck when he's feeding Druin for the next decade though. I'm glad Ottawa continues to win, we don't need them getting another superstar in the draft.

Solo

Seeing as how you were so wrong about the lockout, I'm going to assume that Kristo becomes our best winger of the last 20 years while Collberg ends up a bust and fetching the morning paper for Lidstrom.

Because there is a link between the two :lol

Kristo is a 2008 draftee who stayed in school to continue banging puck bunnies rather than go elsewhere with better development opportunities.

He'll be 23 in June, 0 NHL games. We have a 19 and 20 year old currently in our lineup putting in work and both well ahead of him. Kristo is Eller's age, but Eller has 4 years NHL experience.

There's "taking time to develop" and then there's "never gonna be an NHLer". With each passing day and month, Kristo slides towards the latter. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course, as the more talent we have the better, but seeing is believing.

Red_Man

If you haven't seen them live, you need to. So good.
I'll add them to my very long list of need to see bands.

Because there is a link between the two :lol

Kristo is a 2008 draftee who stayed in school to continue banging puck bunnies rather than go elsewhere with better development opportunities.

He'll be 23 in June, 0 NHL games. We have a 19 and 20 year old currently in our lineup putting in work and both well ahead of him. Kristo is Eller's age, but Eller has 4 years NHL experience.

There's "taking time to develop" and then there's "never gonna be an NHLer". With each passing day and month, Kristo slides towards the latter. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course, as the more talent we have the better, but seeing is believing.
He stayed in college because he wanted to finish graduating. It would have been preferable if he played with the Dogs, but he wanted to finish his education. Also there's a big difference between a kid going 56 overall (Kristo) and one going 13th overall (Eller). I wouldn't be surprised if Kristo makes the Habs out of camp next year.

Red_Man

Damn, you guys got me listening to the Aquabats now.
5ETRCUT.gif

Solo

I'll add them to my very long list of need to see bands.

He stayed in college because he wanted to finish graduating. It would have been preferable if he played with the Dogs, but he wanted to finish his education. Also there's a big difference between a kid going 56 overall (Kristo) and one going 13th overall (Eller). I wouldn't be surprised if Kristo makes the Habs out of camp next year.

I'm just saying, when we've got 3 guys (Subban, Eller, and Patches) from the 2007 draft playing with 4 years NHL experience and a guy from the 2010 draft and a guy from the 2012 draft getting their first season done, I have a lot less faith of a guy from the 2008 draft who has never played a single pro hockey game making the team, let alone an impact. University hockey is pretty good, but its not even close to the pros.

We'll see in September, I guess. For me, the only 100% guaranteed slam dunk prospect cracking the roster is Tinordi.

Defence is looking pretty bad right now. Very slow. Hawks aren't playing as fast as the Avs right now. They need to slow the game down.

Red_Man

I'm just saying, when we've got 3 guys (Subban, Eller, and Patches) from the 2007 draft playing with 4 years NHL experience and a guy from the 2010 draft and a guy from the 2012 draft getting their first season done, I have a lot less faith of a guy from the 2008 draft who has never played a single pro hockey game making the team, let alone an impact. University hockey is pretty good, but its not even close to the pros.

We'll see in September, I guess. For me, the only 100% guaranteed slam dunk prospect cracking the roster is Tinordi.
That's all true, and he's far from a guarantee but he's criminally underrated by Habs fans, I think he will surprise a lot of people. Can't wait to see Tinordi on the team next year, he's exactly what our blue line needs.

They don't tour often so I recommend this in the meantime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000E6XJT/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Bueno. I'll grab it and watch on the flight home.

Solo

That's all true, and he's far from a guarantee but he's criminally underrated by Habs fans, I think he will surprise a lot of people. Can't wait to see Tinordi on the team next year, he's exactly what our blue line needs.

Tinordi is a lock, and people seem to be high on Pateryn (can't wait to see him tomorrow). I'm curious where this leaves Beaulieu. My gut feeling is that he'll be in Hamilton for another year.

Really hope Collberg at least comes to camp, but Swedes traditionally take longer to get to the NHL, so who knows.

EDIT: also can't wait to see AGally + 20 lbs next year.

zedge

It mostly quelled my rage at the Jets going up 2-0 on the road and, inevitably, letting in a goal with 10 seconds left in the first period. Damn team just can't ever do things the easy way.
Heh, yea they just can't seem to hold lead often. Reminds me of someone else...can't put my finger on it. ;)

Top Bottom