• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
First pick in all my pools this year. His stats are better than Rinne and Quick but the lack of team support means he's lacking in the win and shutout column.

Yeah, he's generally playing much much better than his actual stats suggest, mostly because he's getting little offensive help and, for that matter, little defensive physicality in front of their own crease.

Girardi going off because Crosby punched him is some total bullshit. EDIT: Ah, nevermind, he punched his helmet right off first. :D

It felt unprovoked to me. I don't think I was disrespectful towards the Ducks at all. Please tell me if I'm overreacting.

In a way you were, a single referencing of 'fleeced'. Like some sort of acknowledgement of a multiverse where for one second the Toronto Maple Leafs had an upper hand over the Anaheim Ducks.

But, seriously, that was it. No harm intended from here.

Montresor

In a way you were, a single referencing of 'fleeced'. Like some sort of acknowledgement of a multiverse where for one second the Toronto Maple Leafs had an upper hand over the Anaheim Ducks.

But, seriously, that was it. No harm intended from here.

The fleeced comment was a god damn joke man. I know you say no harm intended but your entire post was suggesting I know nothing about the Ducks. Right, I think Sbisa and Souray et al are a bunch of scrubs that I've never heard of. Please. I only wanted some insight from Ducks fans about what precipitated this huge change in fortunes, because last year the Ducks did badly, and this year they are at 20-3-3, and there have barely been any personnel changes within the organization.

Chris R

Worst part about games on the NHL network? I can't switch to a different channel to get non-terrible announcers calling the game :|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We're on our way to getting shut out by the Pens again unless something really drastic changes. We didn't even come close to having a scoring chance in that period.

The fleeced comment was a god damn joke man. I know you say no harm intended but your entire post was suggesting I know nothing about the Ducks. Right, I think Sbisa and Souray et al are a bunch of scrubs that I've never heard of. Please. I only wanted some insight from Ducks fans about what precipitated this huge change in fortunes, because last year the Ducks did badly, and this year they are at 20-3-3, and there have barely been any personnel changes within the organization.

Sorry man. Whenever I hear "Fleeced" it brings back memories of Gardiner leaving our nest, and then Schultz shortly after. You gotta understand what it's like from our end where we see both of our golden eggs scram out of the nest, only to break, and then realise we had the Golden Goose with us the whole time.

As for my tl;dr post... Well, that's our collective Golden Goose. That's why we're so good. Boudreau from Day 1. Bob Murray having great chemistry with Boudreau etc.

Boudreau is also an immensely likeable character. A bit too honest though; if he hadn't admitted that he didn't know why Washington was struggling he'd probably still be there (and the Caps would probably not be as poor).

edit: Fleecing jokes aside, have Anaheim and Toronto not been rather excellent trade partners over the past 2/3 years? Has there been a deal that didn't provide positives to each team?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have any programming experience?
Nope. Some testing experience though.

BAs at my company are a lot more specialized at just knowing how our old ass programs work and their effects on publishing as a whole. The coders are part of the Dev teams.

Never realized the structure til I dealt with it. The coders don't have the business side, the salespeople don't have the technical side, but the BAs and our team help bridge the gap.

Damn coders would tell us how things work and we'd shoot back with BRDs and challenges about how it was SUPPOSED to fucking work.

Never realized the structure til I dealt with it. The coders don't have the business side, the salespeople don't have the technical side, but the BAs and our team help bridge the gap.

Yup - I'm working as a BSA right now, so I'm in the middle of all that fun stuff.

How long have you been working for that company?

TUSR said:
Mechanical engineer

Most of the engineers I went to school with ended up in Alberta. The ones who stayed in Victoria only did so because of family reasons.

Remember when leafs traded for Toskalol

I think, until Reimer, Toskala had the best save percentage of the post-Belfour era. (> _ >)

Vladimir Tarasenko will return to the lineup tonight.

91 UP IN THIS BITCH DUCKS

oFMXpFV.gif

Curufinwe

Less than three weeks till the trade deadline. I really hope Briere agrees to go to a contender, even if the Flyers only get a 2nd round pick for him. Fedotenko might get them something, too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Quite a dive by Kennedy. Don't normally see players trip over sticks that are behind them.

Well, so much for getting points out of this one. 3 straight losses leading into a back-to-back. I said we might get eliminated from the playoffs this week, and we're reeeeaaaally close to doing that.

Quite a dive by Kennedy. Don't normally see players trip over sticks that are behind them.

Well, so much for getting points out of this one. 3 straight losses leading into a back-to-back. I said we might get eliminated from the playoffs this week, and we're reeeeaaaally close to doing that.

Is it at the point where possible deadline moves would be useless?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it at the point where possible deadline moves would be useless?

No. This is still a good team and was playing very very well just a little over a week ago. It's just that there's a total lack of scoring depth, which means the top line guys have to be lighting it up EVERY night, which is just unsustainable, especially since Richards and Gaborik have been terrible all year. The D corps is really good, though still lacking a 6th man. And of course we're great in goal.

Also, we need to do something about Richards' and/or Gaborik's contracts at some point. We have a number of really important RFAs coming out of ELCs this year that need to get signed and could use a little wiggle room with the cap coming down.

So when does Torts gets fired.

Not happening this year, probably even if we end up out of the playoffs, unless we really continue to tank to the bottom of the conference. The general feeling with the Rangers is that a full Tortorella training camp would put this team over the top. Personally, I've felt like Torts had completely written off this season as being a "real" viable season for us right from the beginning all because he didn't get his super special important training camp. He's been complaining about how they didn't get the chance to condition the team literally all season long.

Suspiciously, most of the other teams don't seem to have that problem. Curious...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I need to double check this, but I think the ONLY current playoff position teams we have a win against so far are the Bruins and Leafs.

Yup, just checked, that's completely correct. 2 wins against Boston (neither in regulation), 1 against Toronto. Other than that, every team we've beaten is currently out of the playoffs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh Frey, it'll be quick, painless and very romantic. Because ze Ducks J'Adore you. You know that.

*leans in and kisses your neck slowly*

Just be quiet for the next 60 minutes, hm.

... oO

I still can't believe you left Heretic with your avatar change.

Top Bottom