• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

RC

Banned
So I'm having a beer. Emphasis on the singular nature of said beer. And while drinking the beer in question, I thought to myself: "Why?" A rather simple question, vague without context, but, one with such breadth and scope that a simple answer won't suffice.
There's no filling in the blanks, no canvas' yet to paint, and no lingering thoughts that need resolution. Yet the question remains. Headfast in its clarity, with no tangents to steer myself astray.

Just wanted to see how much bs I could get away with before it stopped making sense.

I swear I'm not cakebossed.

Like the new guy. Cushions the loss of Soc's.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So I'm having a beer. Emphasis on the singular nature of said beer. And while drinking the beer in question, I thought to myself: "Why?" A rather simple question, vague without context, but, one with such breadth and scope that a simple answer won't suffice.
There's no filling in the blanks, no canvas' yet to paint, and no lingering thoughts that need resolution. Yet the question remains. Headfast in its clarity, with no tangents to steer myself astray.

Just wanted to see how much bs I could get away with before it stopped making sense.

I swear I'm not cakebossed.

Like the new guy. Cushions the loss of Soc's.

So what you're saying is.

Sober Desi: Doesn't post here, never met the guy
1 beer Desi: A philosopher
Cakeboss Desi: Seems normal.

RC

Banned
So what you're saying is.

Sober Desi: Doesn't post here, never met the guy
1 beer Desi: A philosopher
Cakeboss Desi: Seems normal.

You want me to blow your mind? Sober Desi is the only one you know. Also, I hate my username. I rather be known as RC. Or even better, Tyco RC: Maximum Heat! (Someone get the reference, please, Marvie?) Bishop make it happen. Although it may be beyond his power.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You want me to blow your mind? Sober Desi is the only one you know. Also, I hate my username. I rather be known as RC. Bishop make it happen. Although it may be beyond his power.

I'm 99% sure Sober Desi doesn't exist, but it's actually just that Cakebossed Desi behaves the way everyone else does when they`re sober.
It's the avatar

RC

Banned
I'm 99% sure Sober Desi doesn't exist, but it's actually just that Cakebossed Desi behaves the way everyone else does when they`re sober.
It's the avatar

Want me to blow your mind again? It's also my Facebook profile pic.

WGN Radio Sports ‏@WGNRadioSports

#Blackhawks are 31-2-7 since acquiring Johnny Oduya.

Another stat for you:

Sami+Lepisto+Phoenix+Coyotes+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+BrAQkJGPWp8l.jpg

RC

Banned
Lmao. Red Wings fans on hfboards crying about Kane's SO goal.

Why go? Is it the impulse of youth that drives you to revel in their collective misery?

Sympathy my friend, is a trait best saved for the weak and infirmed. It has no place in the hallowed halls of fandom.
You would be wise to learn from your father.

Acid08

Banned
Why go? Is it the impertousness of youth that drives you to revel in their collective misery?

Sympathy my friend, is a trait best saved for the weak and infirmed. It has no place in the hallowed halls of fandom.
What makes you think he'd understand any of this?

Erdrick

You want me to blow your mind? Sober Desi is the only one you know. Also, I hate my username. I rather be known as RC. Or even better, Tyco RC: Maximum Heat! (Someone get the reference, please, Marvie?) Bishop make it happen. Although it may be beyond his power.

I'm no Marvie, but I get the reference. =) I used to have one of those as a kid. Fun as hell.

I'm still pissed that NBC just went out and stopped the broadcast of the Wings/Hawks game right at 2pm for freaking GOLF. Nevermind there was like still OT left to play and the Shootout.

I guess Oduya's not been complete garbage for the Hawks, it seems. I'm sure that it is all despite his best efforts, nonetheless. As inconsistent as the Jets have been, on D, especially, I still sleep better at night knowing Oduya won't be around here anymore to give the puck away.
We have plenty of other players to turn over the puck anyway

Stammer91

Neo Member
A buddy has been. Throwing it out there to see reactions to it.

He does post here.

I don't think a record that was accomplished in two seasons is as impressive as the same record completed in one season. I personally think that if the Hawks want the record, they have to 1) not count last season since the Flyers did all 35 in one season or 2) if they count last season there needs to be an asterisk marking it as being completed over 2 seasons. Not trying to hate, I have no reason to hate the Hawks. Just saying what I personally find more impressive. Let the butthurt commence.

Quick

Banned
What's the verdict on the Kaleta hit on Richards here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAnZ3fOo_G8

Definitely dangerous, but I can't help but feel like Richards put himself in a vulnerable position to start with. He (probably) knew Kaleta was right behind him, since they were already making some contact with each other. That, and his knees buckled a split second before Kaleta checked him and it equaled to what happened.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm no Marvie, but I get the reference. =) I used to have one of those as a kid. Fun as hell.

I'm still pissed that NBC just went out and stopped the broadcast of the Wings/Hawks game right at 2pm for freaking GOLF. Nevermind there was like still OT left to play and the Shootout.

I guess Oduya's not been complete garbage for the Hawks, it seems. I'm sure that it is all despite his best efforts, nonetheless. As inconsistent as the Jets have been, on D, especially, I still sleep better at night knowing Oduya won't be around here anymore to give the puck away.
We have plenty of other players to turn over the puck anyway

I didn't get the reference. :/

Oduya's been paired with Hjalmarsson and they've been our best d-pair so far this season. Oduya still makes a few bonehead plays now and then but he's improved considerably since last year. Part of that is having a better partner but a good chunk of it is Oduya himself. I was pretty pissed about his contract extension at the time, but I've changed my mind on it now.

Another stat for you:

Sami+Lepisto+Phoenix+Coyotes+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+BrAQkJGPWp8l.jpg

Thanks. Here's a few stats for you.

110706_charaCup.jpg

tumblr_lmvz2sToIT1qcog44o1_400.gif

sedin584.jpg

vancouver-fans-riot-as-canucks-lose-stanley-cup-photos--c5b7dc3c21.jpg

Perhaps you can give us some advice on not getting embarrassed in the first round after dominating the regular season while you're going over those stats too? Or maybe how to master the art of hair pulling and finger biting?

Thanks cupcake.

RC

Banned
Damnit Marvie. You never owned a Tyco radio controlled racer as a child? Me neither. What I wouldn't have gives to have a Scorcher 6x6.

I miss the 83' love in.

110706_charaCup.jpg

sedin584.jpg

Perhaps you can give us some advice on not getting embarrassed in the first round after dominating the regular season while you're going over those stats too? Or maybe how to master the art of hair pulling and finger biting?

Thanks cupcake.

Salt-Chips1.jpg

Good. Good. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY VEINS.

Stammer91

Neo Member

110706_charaCup.jpg

sedin584.jpg

Thanks cupcake.

tumblr_lu4f8nUrVp1qztwte.gif

RC

Banned
We'll pass on the President's Throphy curse to you.

Surely as the waves crash upon the barren rocks of a long forgotten beach.

Acid08

Banned
Damnit Marvie. You never owned a Tyco radio controlled racer as a child? Me neither. What I wouldn't have gives to have a Scorcher 6x6.

I miss the 83' love in.

I had some of those radio controlled cars. And I remember some race track thing I had that they made.

Marvie_3

Banned

I miss the 83' love in.
Nah, I didn't have any crazy RC cars like that. I had some race car one and a monster truck one though.

We'll pass on the President's Throphy curse to you.
The only curse the Canucks have is being a bunch of chokers.

Good. Good. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY VEINS.

Why do you have a Toews avatar anyway?

RC

Banned
Nah, I didn't have any crazy RC cars like that. I had some race car one and a monster truck one though.

The only curse the Canucks have is being a bunch of chokers.

We learned it from the Sharks. It's the curse of the underwater animal.

RC

Banned
0, doesn't mean ya'll haven't been choking since the 70's.

The history of choking is recent. The 82' and 94' team's overachieved in the playoffs. Neither were even expected to make the post season. During the west coast express years, we were a one line team, with shakey goaltending. Only the most ardent, thickheaded fan would claim otherwise. Expectations were not seriously put on the Canucks till 2010. Which we've failed to live up to.

Marvie_3

Banned
The history of choking is recent. The 82' and 94' team's overachieved in the playoffs. Neither were even expected to make the post season. During the west coast express years, we were a one line team, with shakey goaltending. Only the most ardent, thickheaded fan would claim otherwise. Expectations were not seriously put on the Canucks till 2010. Which we've failed to live up to.

Cloutier? Shaky?

dsbabby pls

Top Bottom