• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Marvie_3

Banned
Flames go over .500 and we suddenly have a Flames gaf besides zedge.

Like some of Canucks-GAF wouldn't stop posting if the Canucks were shit for a few years.

Anyways. Hossa was "close to playing" tonight. Shaw is "wait and see" (probably a concussion) and Sharp "may miss some time". Looking like a broken collarbone judging from that.
Hossa was most likely just given the night off. He wasn't scratched until right before the game started.

And why the fuck are you posting Lebron James shit? Nobody cares what he has to say.

Like some of Canucks-GAF wouldn't stop posting if the Canucks were shit for a few years.

Hossa was most likely just given the night off. He wasn't scratched until right before the game started.

And why the fuck are you posting Lebron James shit? Nobody cares what he has to say.

Amazed that he acknowledged hockey, mostly. Maybe now ESPN will actually give them move than twenty seconds.

...Who am I kidding? :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Amazed that he acknowledged hockey, mostly. Maybe now ESPN will actually give them move than twenty seconds.

...Who am I kidding? :lol

I'm surprised you were able to finish that post without breaking into laughter

Clydefrog

There was a contestant on Jeopardy tonight that has led his league in PIM ever since he started playing. He said he gets lots of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties... I wanted to see him fight after he lost in Final Jeopardy. :D

of course Trebek had to comment about when he used to play hockey.

Jackie_Gleason.jpg

This is why I'm an english major
Studying to be a barista eh?

What'd they say?

They actually legitimately gave it a proper analysis, included the interviews NBC had with Toews and Kane, talked about how impressive the streak was, then what the Hawks and Avs could both take from the game to apply to the one Friday. Brought in Melrose to do most of the talking, of course.

And yes, they did mention the LBJ tweet. Guess they couldn't help themselves.

Marvie_3

Banned
They actually legitimately gave it a proper analysis, included the interviews NBC had with Toews and Kane, talked about how impressive the streak was, then what the Hawks and Avs could both take from the game to apply to the one Friday. Brought in Melrose to do most of the talking, of course.

And yes, they did mention the LBJ tweet. Guess they couldn't help themselves.

Who cares about this shit? What did they say about Tim Tebow?

Would be even better if the Wings fell out of a spot and the rest of the Central missed. :lol

though I want the Yotes shit to end sooner.

Smiley90

Would be even better if the Wings fell out of a spot and the rest of the Central missed. :lol

though I want the Yotes shit to end sooner.

There's no way more than 2 teams from the NW make it. It's just not possible. The West can't be THAT bad. Even two teams is a stretch.

Marvie_3

Banned
Would be fucking wild if this actually happens at the end of the season :lol
Central had 4 teams in last year. Could have been 5 if Columbus wasn't too busy Columbusing.
There's no way more than 2 teams from the NW make it. It's just not possible. The West can't be THAT bad. Even two teams is a stretch.
Minnesota and Vancouver are the only two NW teams I could see making it. Calgary is playing better but I don't know if they can keep up with the rest of the conference.

I'm still amazed by how much STL has changed from last season to this season. I don't know what possibly happened.
Teams figured out how to beat their trap.

bardia

What's everyone's dream SCF match up this year(can't pick your own team)? The hockey fan in me would kill to see a Hawks/Bruins SCF...but as a Canucks fan I think I'd vomit if that happens, heart couldn't take it.

Smiley90

What's everyone's dream SCF match up this year(can't pick your own team)? The hockey fan in me would kill to see a Hawks/Bruins SCF...but as a Canucks fan I think I'd vomit if that happens, heart couldn't take it.

If I can't pick the Canucks, then...

Hawks-Montreal.

The salt in here would be amazing. (also, there'd be good hockey, and I have no beef with Montreal personally, I'd want them to win)

Uhhh. Vancouver-Toronto would be excellent of saltiness. Either way, one team with a history of choking will lose and we will be able to laugh at them.

Smiley90

Fun fact: If Buffalo beats New Jersey tomorrow, the southeast will officially occupy spots 12-15 in the East. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
If I can't pick the Canucks, then...

Hawks-Montreal.

The salt in here would be amazing. (also, there'd be good hockey, and I have no beef with Montreal personally, I'd want them to win)

F U smelly

Fun fact: If Buffalo beats New Jersey tomorrow, the southeast will officially occupy spots 12-15 in the East. :lol

The southeast is quickly becoming what the Northwest has been for awhile now.

Smiley90

F U smelly

The southeast is quickly becoming what the Northwest has been for awhile now.

Hey, we've never been THAT bad.... plus, the 5th team is Carolina, which sucks too. Canucks have at least not sucked (during the regular season) as much. SE is just collectively bad.

Also c'mon, you know you want a Canadian team to win, secretely.

Acid08

Banned
Hawks-Laffs

Would be wild times in this thread.

Sharks-Montreal

Hey, we've never been THAT bad.... plus, the 5th team is Carolina, which sucks too. Canucks have at least not sucked (during the regular season) as much. SE is just collectively bad.

Also c'mon, you know you want a Canadian team to win, secretely.

no. In fact, nobody does.

Only canadian team I would be okay with seeing win the cup if the hawks don't is Winnipeg.

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy shit. All 5 Pacific teams are in a playoff spot right now. :lol

Pacific division is best division.

Chicago and Anaheim are the only good West teams.

Hey, San Jose are decent. Let's not discount them completely.

Anaheim is off to a 16-3-3 start and still 10 points back of the Hawks. Ridiculous. Crazy to think that even last season we were 6-12-4 (16pts) thru first 22 games. Fuck you analysts!

Sharks vs Hurricanes or Bolts. I'd originally say Canucks, but another year of Tabris' Destiny Hope shit would make me pack it in.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
What's everyone's dream SCF match up this year(can't pick your own team)?
Phoenix Coyotes vs. New Jersey Devils
Awwww Yeaaaaa!!!!

But seriously:
Chicago vs. Boston

Aside from the Sens (who I like), I don't want any other Canadian team (besides the Oilers) getting close to the cup.
Frigging Vancouver Canucks are so good though.

Top Bottom