• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

So I guess every night at this hour. Acid talks about randomass shit. Desi comes in drunk, and Marvie and Wsox consummate their fatherly-son hate for one another.

RC

Banned
So I guess every night at this hour. Acid talks about randomass shit. Desi comes in drunk, and Marvie and Wsox consummate their fatherly-son hate for one another.

I'm not drunk. This reputation of mine is unwarranted and highly inaccurate.

Marvie_3

Banned

When you were 17
You drank some very good beer
You drank some very good beer you purchased with a fake I.D.
Your name was Brian Mcgee
You stayed up listening to Queen
When you were 17

CCF23

I'm drunk and spectre is a pirate.

I'm also incredibly sad because I found out BB King is playing the city I live in (Richmond) today, and I fucking love BB King and the dude is 88 years old and I'm totally not gonna get another chance to see him.

Marvie_3

Banned

I'm also incredibly sad because I found out BB King is playing the city I live in (Richmond) today, and I fucking love BB King and the dude is 88 years old and I'm totally not gonna get another chance to see him.
I've seen him in Minneapolis a few times. Amazing shows every time.

Holy shit. You live close to me. Where do you live, Spectre? Somewhere on 3 road? I'm somewhere on 3 road. It's a big road, though, so this isn't saying much...But yes, 3 road.
Dude. Everyone fucking lives in No. 3 Road. Every other road in this city is downright inferior.

EDIT: Yes, I live in No. 3 Road.

RC

Banned
That's what a drunk person would say.

Go home Desibabu.

I'll have you know I'm already home. In fact, I haven't left home all day.

When you were 17
You drank some very good beer
You drank some very good beer you purchased with a fake I.D.
Your name was Brian Mcgee
You stayed up listening to Queen
When you were 17

lVI1KkG.jpg

CCF23

You're not making me feel better about not having tickets.

Dude. Everyone fucking lives in No. 3 Road. Every other road in this city is downright inferior.

EDIT: Yes, I live in No. 3 Road.

Let's continue to play "vague directions of where CCF lives". I live on 3 road somewhere before the Canada line starts.

Solo

Bergevin better lock Eller up for a long time this off-season. Give him all the monies.

Solo love you long time, Lars.

Think we have a shot at Nurse. As much as Jones would be the best possible outcome of this season, it won't happen. Good things can't happen.

Possible outcomes:
1) Flyers somehow reach dead last. Lose first overall via lottery pick again. Miss Jones, draft one of the Mooseheads, who turns into another JVR and holds off on amazement until we trade him.
2) Flyers make the playoffs. One of the teams that just didn't make it win lottery. Flyers swept in first round.
3) Flyers bus crashes. Only Leighton, Shelly, Briere, and Couturier walk away. Couturier is traded for a second goon to show those buses we won't take that shit again.

Disappointment train, motherfuckers. Choo choo!

So that really happened last night, huh?

I have officially given up on this season. Jones or bust!

Yeah there is no way they are doing anything this year. This season was over the second the Preds matched their offer for Weber. Their D is just bad. I know Kimmo has a lot of points this year, but he has been bad on D. He whiffed on that puck last night when he should have been able to clear it which led to a Pens goal. Flyers are in such a bad spot now. They should have traded Couturier for Weber when they had the chance, I am not even sure what they can get for him now.

Yeah there is no way they are doing anything this year. This season was over the second the Preds matched their offer for Weber. Their D is just bad. I know Kimmo has a lot of points this year, but he has been bad on D. He whiffed on that puck last night when he should have been able to clear it which led to a Pens goal. Flyers are in such a bad spot now. They should have traded Couturier for Weber when they had the chance, I am not even sure what they can get for him now.

Coburn-Grossman
Kimmo-Schenn
Mez-Gus
Foster

Isn't godawful without injuries. It'd be pretty serviceable if our forwards were better defensively.

Coburn-Grossman
Kimmo-Schenn
Mez-Gus
Foster

Isn't godawful without injuries. It'd be pretty serviceable if our forwards were better defensively.

You are right that they could be serviceable if they were all healthy. A big problem with the Flyers is no one part is good enough to win games. The offense is good, but not close to last year where they could carry the game. Bryz is good enough to lose games close, which is an improvement over last year, but isnt going to win them many games, and the D can be okay at times but they cant shut teams down when the Flyers have a lead. Its a bunch of c- to b level parts and coupled with Lavi's inability to motivate them this year is is a recipe for 10th in the East.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I know i'm late, but that hooking call on Grabner in OT last night was some Grade A bullshit. Refs handed the game to the Smurfs. The Isles didn't have a single power play, yet flopping Rangers going down at the first touch always got the whistle. Terrible officiating. Especially in OT, guy tripped over his own feet into Grabner's stick.

Fuck the Rangers.

Cake Boss

Banned
Brian Burke on Leafs success this year: "Sometimes you do the hard work and set the table and somebody else eats the meal."

Burke is salty.

I don't think he would have sent Connolly down, trade Lombardi, and let the kids from the farm play if he was still around.

Samyy

Burke is salty.

I don't think he would have sent Connolly down, trade Lombardi, and let the kids from the farm play if he was still around.

Wilson was the one who didnt like Kadri
And he didnt have a problem with Gardiner and Frattin playing a bit last season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know i'm late, but that hooking call on Grabner in OT last night was some Grade A bullshit. Refs handed the game to the Smurfs. The Isles didn't have a single power play, yet flopping Rangers going down at the first touch always got the whistle. Terrible officiating. Especially in OT, guy tripped over his own feet into Grabner's stick.

Fuck the Rangers.
Grabner's stick wasn't even parallel to the ground, it was angled UPWARDS and draped right across DZ's chest. That's an easy call to make.

I did think they missed a hooking call on Bickel earlier in the game, though, and the Rangers commentary team mentioned that Tavares took an accidental high stick behind the play at one point, though I didn't see that one happen. I guess the refs didn't either. Other than that I don't see any issues. All the Islanders' penalties were clear penalties, and for once we played a pretty disciplined game.

Both teams played well last night, and Tortorella's rolling two lines throughout the third wore your top line out trying to match up, and that enabled us to tie the game and eventually win. That was probably the first game of ours this season where it felt like both teams were playing well and executing their game plans.

If you want to blame anyone for the loss, blame Lundqvist. You probably would have had about a 3 goal lead after 2 if a lesser goalie was in there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Mlpfb.gif

The best part about being back in the states is Chik-Fil-A. SO. GOOD.

Top Bottom