• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Grabner's stick wasn't even parallel to the ground, it was angled UPWARDS and draped right across DZ's chest. That's an easy call to make.

I did think they missed a hooking call on Bickel earlier in the game, though, and the Rangers commentary team mentioned that Tavares took an accidental high stick behind the play at one point, though I didn't see that one happen. I guess the refs didn't either. Other than that I don't see any issues. All the Islanders' penalties were clear penalties, and for once we played a pretty disciplined game.

Both teams played well last night, and Tortorella's rolling two lines throughout the third wore your top line out trying to match up, and that enabled us to tie the game and eventually win. That was probably the first game of ours this season where it felt like both teams were playing well and executing their game plans.

If you want to blame anyone for the loss, blame Lundqvist. You probably would have had about a 3 goal lead after 2 if a lesser goalie was in there.

I'm extra salty about the officiating, but yes, Lundqvist stole a few.

The Grabner call was questionable, and were it not for the amount of missed calls earlier in the game, I wouldn't even dispute it. But goddamn.

Okposo and the entire coaching staff got misconducts for arguing the officiating, obviously we were getting a bit of a raw deal.

That said, it was a hell of an exciting game and glad to have gotten a point out of it. I stand by my "Fuck the Rangers" comment, because fuck the Rangers.

Burke is salty.

I don't think he would have sent Connolly down, trade Lombardi, and let the kids from the farm play if he was still around.

I don't know. Burke always at least said the coach made the decisions on who played. You can never say for sure what would have happened.

Sanjuro

No he got banned for being a dick in a thread about CFA's hateful policies.

That wasn't the reason for the ban. It was for "boasting" about mentioning having Chick-fil-A, in a thread where everyone was "boasting" about not getting it. Hypocritical.

Also, their grilled chicken sandwich with waffle fries is the greatest thing known to man.

That wasn't the reason for the ban. It was for "boasting" about mentioning having Chick-fil-A, in a thread where everyone was "boasting" about not getting it. Hypocritical.

Also, their grilled chicken sandwich with waffle fries is the greatest thing known to man.
You can see why that would upset people, right?

Sanjuro

You can see why that would upset people, right?

Except that wasn't why I was banned though. I don't see why it would upset anyone, unless they were trying to be uppity...the same people proclaiming how they are going to go out of their way to get a chicken sandwich.

My comment wasn't attempting to rub in the face of anybody either.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Except that wasn't why I was banned though. I don't see why it would upset anyone, unless they were trying to be uppity...the same people proclaiming how they are going to go out of their way to get a chicken sandwich.

My comment wasn't attempting to rub in the face of anybody either.

Think about this way:

There's a thread saying the owner of restaurant x killed someone, everybody's upset and you go in saying "omg i love restaurant x".

You really don't understand how that would upset people even more?

Sanjuro

Think about this way:

There's a thread saying the owner of restaurant x killed someone, everybody's upset and you go in saying "omg i love restaurant x".

You really don't understand how that would upset people even more?

Except that wasn't what I posted. Also, no. If the owner of a McDonald's killed someone, I wouldn't expect people who like salty burgers to go into hiding.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The owner of Chik-Fil-A would have to kill my family in front of me to make me stop eating there.

Revenant

kv pls

tonguejkr3x.gif

Why do you hate freedom, kave?

dancebeumo.gif

cat-lick-o.gif

1895624_o.gif

You're from Chicago and all you eat are salads? What!?

snjr pls

with so many good places to get food around Chicago Chick Fil A isn't even a blip on my radar.

Montresor

Ric Natress is on hockey central. Awesome. I love this guy, he sounds like a Leaf fan, he provides good critical analysis whether Toronto wins or loses. I love his post-game show with Gord Stellick.

Doug McLean is a fucking clownshoe. Any bets on how many times he mispronounces JVR's name?

Sanjuro

snjr pls

with so many good places to get food around Chicago Chick Fil A isn't even a blip on my radar.

I don't have any around here. When I had CFA last was during the banning, out in Texas on vacation.

If you are talking fast food tier, they are one of the best. Hands down. It's certainly not Chicago here, but I pride myself in finding local greasy spoon locations. Problem is they are spread out and not always ideal for a quick pick-up or food for a drunken night.

Is that King Mabel?

Well, after 5 months of being considered an intern and working through a temp agency, I have officially become a full time employee at my work. Yay!! :D

ZeroGravity

FUN STATS!

Lightning are 1-9 in one-goal games.
Lightning have not won a single game (0-14) when they've scored less than four goals.

Christ we suck.

Cake Boss

Banned
FUN STATS!

Lightning are 1-9 in one-goal games.
Lightning have not won a single game (0-14) when they've scored less than four goals.

Christ we suck.

Holy shit at that second stat, thats usually the goalie's fault if you have those type of stats.

Lindback GAA3.11 SV%.894

Kind of crazy he gave up 2 2nd rounders for him.

pringles

Well, after 5 months of being considered an intern and working through a temp agency, I have officially become a full time employee at my work. Yay!! :D
Congrats! I actually just became a full-time employee myself after working on a month-to-month basis since 07.. feels goodman.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
oh Jackie Nevada. So great.

It was cool to see one of Leonard's inventions from the Raylan novel make it to the show, since most of it was the other way around.

Merguson

Banned
Holy shit at that second stat, thats usually the goalie's fault if you have those type of stats.

Lindback GAA3.11 SV%.894

Kind of crazy he gave up 2 2nd rounders for him.

Eh, Lindback is going from back-up to starter.. I figured it would be a rough transitional phase for him..

give him time.. next season..

Heretic

GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!! GETZLAF SIGNED FOR 8 YEARS!!!!!

THIS WAS MY NEWS TO BREAK, MERGUSON...

Top Bottom