• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2016 |OT| #MakeOilersGreatAgain.

imBask

Banned
2rMk9UJ.png

Curb your Canucks

again Price will be the "only reason we're winning" eventhough most of those shots were garbage

Socreges

Banned
I was wondering why the defense was above the blue line on that play and then realized it was Larsen and Daniel. Holy shit that was bad

Socreges

Banned
2rMk9UJ.png

Curb your Canucks

again Price will be the "only reason we're winning" eventhough most of those shots were garbage
Most, yes. That's how hockey normally works.

Both Habs goals came from Canucks pressure turning into Habs counter-attack. Canucks meanwhile are terrible on the counter-attack and can't convert. No confidence. No idea what to do

imBask

Banned
Most, yes. That's how hockey normally works.

Both Habs goals came from Canucks pressure turning into Habs counter-attack. Canucks meanwhile are terrible on the counter-attack and can't convert. No confidence. No idea what to do

I mean he's not STEALING the game per say and we've seen him steal games big time in the past, it's more that your team is... god damn...

Man the Canucks are in for a ride for a couple of years

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I mean he's not STEALING the game per say and we've seen him steal games big time in the past, it's more that your team is... god damn...

Man the Canucks are in for a ride for a couple of years

What do you mean? They just need a 20 goal scorer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully Beaulieu knocks out Dorsett, dude is a waste of space, and I'm sure Canucks fans would be thankful.

Red_Man

It's terrifying how casual Price is. Must be so frustrating as an opposing player.

Socreges

Banned
Price + inept finishing = shutout for days

Canucks have otherwise played alright. Wasted if they're so shit in the clutch, though

Red_Man

Danault has looked so much more comfortable than he did when he first came over last season, he's been fantastic and an easy replacement for Eller

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wait, how is that a goal? Isn't it only a guaranteed goal if he had a straight line for the net? there was no guarantee he would've scored from behind the net.

w/e -shrugs-

Red_Man

Shitty game, good to see them pull out a win anyways. Price is on a completely different level right now, and they've officially surpassed their start from last season.

Solo

Heres the craziest stat of the season so far: in this 8 game winning streak, Habs have only allowed 9 goals. Goddamn.

9-0-1

Red_Man

Shutout and 2 goals allowed in his last 3 games and both were perfect slap pass deflections. Price might be the best player in the game right now, period.

Edit : 16-2 in his last 18 games going back to last season, Jesus Christ

iLLmAtlc

"Le Club de Hockey Canadien est fier de selectionner—the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the WHL Tri-City Americans, goaltender Carey Price."

Pierre McGuire: "Oh man, this is right off the reservation. [...] There’s nothing wrong with Carey Price’s athleticism, and he’s a great handler of the puck, he’s technically sound and he’s a big body presence and all that in goal. But you think about Jose Theodore, Cristobal Huet, they traded Mathieu Garon, they have Yann Danis signed as an unrestricted free agent coming out of Brown University. This is not a fit for Montreal! They’re very unproven on defense, they just bought out Patrice Brisebois, they don’t have a big-body presence down the middle at centre—yes, they have Radek Bonk, who they got in the Garon trade; that’s a huge price they paid to get Bonk—I don’t know about this fit at all for Montreal. They had so many other needs."

Red_Man

To be fair, pretty much everyone thought that was a WTF pick at the time, and it wasn't that absurd to think so. Regardless of the shit he put the franchise through, Bob Gainey's best move as a GM was keeping Price over Halak. They also needed a true #1 (aka Kopitar) and still haven't had one until Galchenyuk...

"Le Club de Hockey Canadien est fier de selectionner—the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select, from the WHL Tri-City Americans, goaltender Carey Price."

Pierre McGuire: "Oh man, this is right off the reservation. [...] There’s nothing wrong with Carey Price’s athleticism, and he’s a great handler of the puck, he’s technically sound and he’s a big body presence and all that in goal. But you think about Jose Theodore, Cristobal Huet, they traded Mathieu Garon, they have Yann Danis signed as an unrestricted free agent coming out of Brown University. This is not a fit for Montreal! They’re very unproven on defense, they just bought out Patrice Brisebois, they don’t have a big-body presence down the middle at centre—yes, they have Radek Bonk, who they got in the Garon trade; that’s a huge price they paid to get Bonk—I don’t know about this fit at all for Montreal. They had so many other needs."

Pierre was so wrong. So so Wrong.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The funniest part is McGuire absolutely hated Huet.

Top Bottom