• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BOLLLAAANNNDDD!

1368507019_tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif

Two wins but thar be problems. Can't keep depending on goaltending to bail you out, though it's good they finally have a duo that can pull it off.

Pakkidis

leafs still seem to have the same faults as last season, they get really sloppy in their zone and when the other team puts on pressure they have no idea what to do.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
leafs still seem to have the same faults as last season, they get really sloppy in their zone and when the other team puts on pressure they have no idea what to do.

you're looking at our very effective containment

it looks sloppy but it works!

it's like facing a drunken boxer

Samyy

Yep, its ugly imo Carlyle needs to do something. We have such a hard time getting out of the zone at times its ridiculous.

pringles

Sloppy 3rd period, letting Buffalo back in it.

GG overall, this team will be deadly when we get Helm, Nyquist and Tatar into the lineup.

Yup, dominated the 1st and 2nd, but let Buffalo back in it in the third with a typical 3rd period Detroit meltdown, but we held on. Need to work on some things though, the PP from the 1st unit looked good just nothing to show for and also, cut down on the dang penalties.

Pakkidis

No idea what to do...except win.

True but how often can you pull that off consistently. It's only a matter of time before the other team wears you out and start loosing. Lets not talk about what happened at Boston :(

The leafs should spend a considerable amount of time practicing defense drills.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fraser is injured.

Fuck.

We are fucked.

We only get money from LTIR

Sooooooo

If another player goes down... halp. Basically rielly and gardiner get sent down and we call up 3 mega scrubs

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that is some perseverance!!! I dully expected them to lose as they looked gassed out there. Sloppy penalties. Beaten to the puck. Outhustled. Lucky for us Philly has a pylon for a goalie and Bernier created a goalie controversy.

I say start Bernier but Reims would also be good and he always plays well against Ott.

Thought Bolland made the players around him 'worse' ? D:

Curufinwe

One game closer to getting a new coach.

Shame they couldn't even keep the puck 6 on 5 and ended up dragging Mason back out there. This team can't win without a lot of PP goals because their ES play has been terrible for 18 months and Laviolette has no clue how to fix it.

Curufinwe

Wow that is some perseverance!!! I dully expected them to lose as they looked gassed out there. Sloppy penalties. Beaten to the puck. Outhustled. Lucky for us Philly has a pylon for a goalie and Bernier created a goalie controversy.

I say start Bernier but Reims would also be good and he always plays well against Ott.

Thought Bolland made the players around him 'worse' ? D:

Mason played well and is hardly a pylon. He's very athletic.

Top Bottom