• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
I wish I knew more Star Trek names to contribute to that discussion. Good times, guys. Was fun. Up for work in 5 hours. Hnnnnnnnnng.

How in the hell are the Sharks the good guys? The Kings have one of the most likeable, blue-collar teams out there. No prima donnas, no lazy entitled players with shit attitudes, no bullshit.

Acid08

Banned
How in the hell are the Sharks the good guys? The Kings have one of the most likeable, blue-collar teams out there. No prima donnas, no lazy entitled players with shit attitudes, no bullshit.

Quick is a baby.
Brown is a dirty piece of shit.
CARTMAN PLAYS IN YOUR ARENA.

Not looking forward to game seven. Don't have the nerves for it and I doubt the Sharks come out flat like game five.

Hey, so what happened to Braun? I just saw him skate off and never found out what the deal was.

Hunter S.

I liked Joe Thornton for years and the Kings stole Cartman from the the Avalanche because they are swindling scumbags. I actually always found the "go kings go" chant horrible sounding too. So squeaky.

They won the cup last year so they get trash talked more. Simple really.

Socreges

Banned
The Sharks are divers, but Doughty and Brown inspire more hatred.

I'm indifferent. Just glad it's going to 7 games because that's normally great hockey.

Let's completely disregard that their social media team are twats (entertaining though), the organist at Staples actively encourages chanting the opposing goalies name, most of the LA Kings fans are volatile, arrogant and angry even to the point of giving the middle finger to kids who are fans of opposing teams.

And Quick and Brown are douchebags.

Oh, and Doughty IS a primadonna. See: Contract negotiations.

LA is full of very angry people who don't know the first thing about sportsmanship or being humble. I hate the Kings because they're rivals, I hate them even more because of their shitty fanbase.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I honestly keep thinking there's a Bruins game tonight and planning for/around it. Still somewhat stunned that they finished a series in less than seven games.

Sanjuro

I honestly keep thinking there's a Bruins game tonight and planning for/around it. Still somewhat stunned that they finished a series in less than seven games.

Would have been nice if the Rangers showed up to play at least one of the games. Possibly one of the most embarrassing playoff opponents in a long time. The downside to this is I'm not sure how prepared the Bruins are going to be for the Penguins.

shaq.gif

Once I get over this hangover, I'll be primed and ready for tonight's game It's do or die for the Wings, imo, they need to win this and avoid going back to UC.

ShaneB

Sharks and Kings has easily been the best second round series, which I never expected to say. Hope the Sharks win in game 7, despite my Kings in 7 prediction. At least then I might root for the Sharks to finally make SCF if the Blackhawks don't pull off the comeback. and I guess I'll tag along for Pens-GAF in the ECF, at least to see Iggy win, and my brother is a Pens fan, so bleh.

It's my birthday today as well. I'm 31. Yippee.. :*(

MacAttack

Would have been nice if the Rangers showed up to play at least one of the games. Possibly one of the most embarrassing playoff opponents in a long time. The downside to this is I'm not sure how prepared the Bruins are going to be for the Penguins.
Philly in 2011 was pretty bad. I think they showed up for one game.

For Alu:

Bruins gave the handsomest goalie in the league nightmares. How many games before Pens fans are calling for Stanley Cup winner MAF?

Alucard

Banned
Philly in 2011 was pretty bad. I think they showed up for one game.

For Alu:

Bruins gave the handesomest goalie in the league nightmares. How many games before Pens fans are calling for Stanley Cup winner MAF?

This implies that Boston will score 4 goals or more against the Pens. Not happening, dude!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
EA Cover Vote final is Brodeur vs Bob

:lol EA. I'd say EA picks Brodeur, but I was really hoping it'd be Tavares. Oh well, he'll have many more years to be on it.

And happy birthday Shane! :p

is it me or does the LA Staples Center have the worst DJ/organ playing the damned same Go Kings Go loops??

Joe Louis Arena has one of the best IMO while the Staples Center as the most annoying.

Socreges

Banned
Soc wouldn't allow it. I'm sure he's already mad enough that Towel is on.

Who cares? LOL.

I bet he's outside somewhere kicking a soccer ball against a wall in anger.

Soc's disapproving gaze can melt metal.
The hell are you half-witted sheep talking about? This was my only post:

It seems to be more like Marvie/Acid/Towel + Special Guest

But I don't blame them. Not like there are so many people being neglected.
Smiley, however.

Welp, Hawks win tonight, they will take the series in 7, Wings win, well they win. Fingers crossed but Hawks have the momentum again, could be nasty for the Wings.

EA Cover Vote final is Brodeur vs Bob

:lol EA. I'd say EA picks Brodeur, but I was really hoping it'd be Tavares. Oh well, he'll have many more years to be on it.

And happy birthday Shane! :p

Datsyuk screwed.

Cat Party

Lmao @ Mayers shooting pucks in the Red Wings net in the warmups before game 5.

Lmao @ Quick throwing a puck at Couture like a baby.

That is all.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Datsyuk losing to fatty Broduer makes my head hurt. First time a goalie on the cover of an EA game since 97 with Beezer. First goalie on a hockey game since 2K6 with Turco.

Smash88

Banned
I wonder if the Blackhawks have it in them to tie the series tonight.

Also BOBROVSKY #1 COP ON THE FORCE. I hope he gets it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
There's a report from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette (via a "network source") that the ECF will start Friday if the Wings win tonight, and Saturday if not. The Penguins also have a scheduled day off tomorrow, if that suggests anything.

Wow... I wasn't expecting so late, if true.

pringles

Definitely think there's a good chance Hawks tie the series up tonight. Hoping for a good game, this series hasn't been as good as I was hoping, too many one-sided games.

My prediction was Wings in 7 and I'll stick by that if we lose tonight, but it would suck to let the series get to a 50-50 situation after having 3-1.

Sanjuro

There's a report from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette (via a "network source") that the ECF will start Friday if the Wings win tonight, and Saturday if not. The Penguins also have a scheduled day off tomorrow, if that suggests anything.

Fuck this company.

vatstep

And the Finals could go as late as June 28. Damn, I was kind of hoping for some July ridiculousness.

Velcro Fly

My entire family will be gathered around the TV tonight for the Hawks/Wings game instead of watching the Cubs/White Sox like they normally would be.

UberTag

Go Wings then! I've got plans on Saturday.

Fuck this company.
Dude, this isn't the WrassleGAF thread!

Top Bottom