• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

UberTag

Holy shit Ottawa has the worst offence I have ever seen
Dude, no. You can't say things like that while the Florida Panthers are still in the league.

BTW, nobody is allowed to bitch about the clapping bear now that we have the "hopping penguins primed to fuck bitches" goal counter.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Big game by our boys in the second...keep it up in the third and come away with the -W. Vokoun is looking Conn Smythe worthy.

Cat Party

He's also not 100%.

Who is?

PMDs provide just as much if not more defense than traditional shutdown guys. By transitioning the puck out of the team's zone, and making plays in the offensive zone, they successfully keep the puck away from their team's net. Plus the added bonus of setting up scoring chances.

PMDs are the most valuable commodity in today's NHL.

Being a "PMD" isn't a replacement for being a good d-man. There are lots of great puck movers that can play in their own zone.

Look, I like Karlsson, but I'm never going to stop laughing that he won the Norris when he plays D like we've been seeing.

cube444

PMDs provide just as much if not more defense than traditional shutdown guys. By transitioning the puck out of the team's zone, and making plays in the offensive zone, they successfully keep the puck away from their team's net. Plus the added bonus of setting up scoring chances.

PMDs are the most valuable commodity in today's NHL.

/Manics

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, no. You can't say things like that while the Florida Panthers are still in the league.

BTW, nobody is allowed to bitch about the clapping bear now that we have the "hopping penguins primed to fuck bitches" goal counter.

Has anyone complained about about the clapping bears?

Smash88

Banned
Shittsburgh is the only team whose fans leave when they're up 4-1 in the second round.

lol

Ottawa is boring to watch. No competitiveness with them, might as well just move us onto the next round.

Also you realize how salty you are right now? You're only "hate/salt" against Pittsburgh is about the fans?

Socreges

Banned
Of all the things Smash said, that's the one thing I took offence with, purely because of the incorrect usage of "Post" in "Post-Crosby".
I put it there with "ED:" to give chronological context. 'Post-Crosby' = After Crosby Was Drafted

Heretic

So I had an idea that I think would be pretty kick ass to do as a community. What if we have a raffle for the fan-base of the two teams that go to the Stanley Cup Final and we all pitch in for kick ass tickets to a game?

What do you guys think?

ShaneB

Disappointing game from the Sens :( Hope the intensity picks up as it wasn't exactly a thrilling game to watch either.

I think the Sharks and Kings series will be great.

Mr.Green

When in doubt, Smash88, just assume that everyone, at all times, is laughing in your general direction.

tumblr_mcgp9btyQy1reyu27o1_400.gif

Hari Seldon

The problem Ottawa had was when it was 2-1 in the 2nd they were falling back in the trap. The Pens PP is too good to do that.

Magni

Maybe it's just the European side of me, but the singing of national anthem(s) at league (read, non-International) games really irks me.

We can't win this round without Spezza. If he doesn't come back this series will be very boring and one sided

Nope.

We lost this game on the PK.

Weak coverage at the line and we let them get all over the net two times too many.

I'm not worried about Anderson. Only lost out to perfect shots, impossible rebounds and tips off his own team.

4th line looked great until the shorty, Silf and Zibby as well.

Karlsson needs to step his game up to at least average and we need to keep Cowen with Phillips at all times.

The Isles wen't down 5-0 in game 1 and had some fight, this series isn't over just yet and you'd have to be delusional to claim otherwise.

Two day break, and we've got a good coach and capitan.

See you then Pens-Gaf, keep ruining our memes, holding the record for worst gifs of any fanbase and I'll see you then.

Quick

Banned
Maybe it's just the European side of me, but the singing of national anthem(s) at league (read, non-International) games really irks me.

Why exactly?

Is it because of the number of non-North American players, or because it's not an international game?

Top Bottom