• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Socreges

Banned
Listening to the Bow Down album now. Thank you for reminding me this exists

They were exploring the possibility of a deep Leafs playoff run, then game 7 OT happened a day later (as of the recording).

=/
i0f6SJM9L6fL4.gif

Solo

Magni

Why exactly?

Is it because of the number of non-North American players, or because it's not an international game?

Both reasons. Heck even if it were before a game between an American-based team and a Canadian-based team, it still wouldn't make sense to me. They don't play anthems before Champions League games, do they? And yet Barcelona vs Munich is much closer to Spain vs Germany than Vancouver vs San Jose is to Canada vs USA.

God damn FUCKING CARTMAN. Makes me so mad.

What a fucking stupid thing.

He's just another reason to hate the Kings to me.

ShaneB

What sorcery is this? I must try it.

Sorry for the late reply, but some of us do sleep :p I know I know, time zones and all, but I do wonder how many of you actually do sleep. Jeez.

Anyways, it's a new mix that's only been out for a couple weeks, there are a few.

kpb-pkg-honey-500g.png
kpb-pkg-banana-500g.png
kpb-pkg-cinnamon-500g.png
kpb-pkg-cranberry-500g.png

The Honey one I don't really care about, since I mix honey with my peanut butter often anyway, and the banana granola one is great, so I just need to try the others.

Also, for controversial opinion... Anamanaguchi - Endless Fantasy is far better than RAM :p

RC

Banned
Sorry for the late reply, but some of us do sleep :p I know I know, time zones and all, but I do wonder how many of you actually do sleep. Jeez.

Anyways, it's a new mix that's only been out for a couple weeks, there are a few.

kpb-pkg-honey-500g.png
kpb-pkg-banana-500g.png
kpb-pkg-cinnamon-500g.png
kpb-pkg-cranberry-500g.png

The Honey one I don't really care about, since I mix honey with my peanut butter often anyway, and the banana granola one is great, so I just need to try the others.

Also, for controversial opinion... Anamanaguchi - Endless Fantasy is far better than RAM :p

I sleep, sometimes. Been up all night watching Louie, again.

When I wake up in the late afternoon, I'm heading out and buying one of these peanut butter's. I don't even care that I already have peanut butter in the fridge.

Also I've never been much into Daft Punk. And I need to give Endless Fantasy a listen.

ShaneB

I sleep, sometimes. Been up all night watching Louie, again.

When I wake up in the late afternoon, I'm heading out and buying one of these peanut butter's. I don't even care that I already have peanut butter in the fridge.

Also I've never been much into Daft Punk. And I need to give Endless Fantasy a listen.

It's ok to admit such a thing, I often have like 2 or 3 jars of different peanut butters in my fridge :p

And I am a very casual Daft Punk fan, they do some great stuff, but I just enjoy their "pop" songs (Robot Rock is awesome for example), when they go off the wall and lose all sense of structure, I don't care. And RAM just never clicked with me, I'll check it out some more, but meh to it. And yes, Endless Fantasy is awesome, check it out asap :p

Acid08

Banned
Instead of bitching about the same people being on the podcast maybe you guys should volunteer and actually follow through on wanting to be on instead of just saying "well one day I'd like to be on."

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have Joe Bowen's calls from Game 7?

TSN played his goal calls when Kessel scored, and when they went up 4-1, I'd love to hear the despair in his voice for each subsequent Bruins goal.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Instead of bitching about the same people being on the podcast maybe you guys should volunteer and actually follow through on wanting to be on instead of just saying "well one day I'd like to be on."

What time do you guys usually record? (Eastern time)

MacAttack

Does anyone have Joe Bowen's calls from Game 7?

TSN played his goal calls when Kessel scored, and when they went up 4-1, I'd love to hear the despair in his voice for each subsequent Bruins goal.

I heard the radio call from Toronto on the game winner and it went something like:

"This is part of the learning process... and it SUCKS!"

:lol

Cake Boss

Banned
lol at the Gryba hit, Orpik was on his ass faster than Gryba.

About the hit stat, hard to hit people when we have the puck 2/3 of the time on 5on5.

The reason why they won 2/4 on the PP, 0/5 for us. our specialty teams sucked, we were our own worst enemy.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I heard the radio call from Toronto on the game winner and it went something like:

"This is part of the learning process... and it SUCKS!"

:lol

:lol They only keep playing Jack Edwards sound bites from the tying, and winning goals. What did he sound like after 4-1?

Who are you? Kings lifelong?
-lived the first half of my life in southwestern Ontario, grew up being disappointed by the Leafs even though I always pulled for them, was also a Habs fan and appreciated the Wings as well
-had family in LA, attended a few Kings games at the Forum when Gretzky played for them
-moved to LA 15 years ago, wasn't too into hockey anymore but attended the odd Kings game here and there
-got sick of basketball and watching the lakers.. final straw was their conduct in the semis vs the mavericks, they acted like twats.. started watching more hockey
-attended game 7 of Ducks/Wings because GF is a Wings fan.. Don't really give much of a shit about Ducks but loved watching Selanne back in the day when he played for the Jets

Fuck this Lifelong/Bandwagon posturing. I have teams I like, teams I don't like and teams I'm indifferent towards and I don't keep up with Hockey constantly during the regular season. I do enjoy watching as many playoff games as possible though. I did go see the Kings play vs the Wild during the regular season this year though.
ouch.

Top Bottom