• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

I've been here through thick and thin, and I'll certainly still be here with my Pens bros even if we lose the big game tonight.
I think we'll be fine. Sharks had their best game of the series on Saturday and still barely managed to win thanks to a soft goal by Murray that he should have stopped and great play by Jones. If that's the best they can do, Pens should be just fine!

Also, would be nice if they were playing on ice and not slush tonight. :)

I think we'll be fine. Sharks had their best game of the series on Saturday and still barely managed to win thanks to a soft goal by Murray that he should have stopped and great play by Jones. If that's the best they can do, Pens should be just fine!

The bolded is key. That crappy ice really neutralized the Pens' speed. I hope Murray rebounds and that he's not starting to crack under the pressure.

owlbeak

The bolded is key. That crappy ice really neutralized the Pens' speed. I hope Murray rebounds and that we haven't started to see him start to crack.
He played really well, one soft goal isn't a sign of him breaking down, but that was a huge goal to not have stopped when he saw it all the way from the top of the circle.

However, Murray's record after a loss this postseason is pretty encouraging:

5-0 record after a loss
1.80 GAA (9 goals in 5 games)
.932 SV% (123 saves on 132 shots)

He played really well, one soft goal isn't a sign of him breaking down, but that was a huge goal to not have stopped when he saw it all the way from the top of the circle.

5-0 record after a loss

Yeah but none of those games were played in the Stanley Cup Finals. I certainly hope he can remain calm, but there's always going to be that question of just how much pressure a goalie can handle in these huge games. The same can be said of Jones, really. There's a ton of pressure on both of them tonight.

owlbeak

Yeah but none of those games were played in the Stanley Cup Finals. I certainly hope he can remain calm, but there's always going to be that question of just how much pressure a goalie can handle in these huge games. The same can be said of Jones, really. There's a ton of pressure on both of them tonight.

True. I think they both have been playing very well. I didn't expect the Pens to win both games in San Jose, so if they can take one that'd be great. They can't allow the Sharks to even the series, even if we have home ice advantage.

zroid

Banned
I'm listening to John Shannon attempt to rationalize the fact that the Shorks had a terrible home record in the regular season and are playing lights out at home in the playoffs. Amazing how people try to make sense of things that just don't make sense.

The simplest explanation is usually correct: home and road splits are pretty meaningless

It was an incredibly sloppy game all around. Ice conditions led to so many bad plays for both teams. I think I read there were 42 total turn overs for Game 3 which is higher than Game 1 & 2 combined.

I wont get into the officiating aspect too much, but it's been downright atrocious for both teams. I don't even know what constitutes icing or interference anymore.

I believe for icing they will wave it off, if the defensive team could have reasonably reached the puck before it crossed the red line.

Calamari41

41 > 38

5-0 record after a loss

The loss was nowhere near his fault. He stood on his head and kept at least five incredible and almost sure thing scoring chances out of the net. If he had performed merely "ok," the Pens would have lost by multiple goals.

That's pretty crazy. How does Metallica perform the National Anthem? Like full band heavy metal version haha?

Like above, more like James and Kirk together on guitar. Not sure they can do a drumkit.

They had a Metallica night for a Sharks game, all they did was play their music all night while the band took over their social media accounts and maybe a shirt. I don't think Kirk was even there

Calamari41

41 > 38
Like above, more like James and Kirk together on guitar. Not sure they can do a drumkit.

They had a Metallica night for a Sharks game, all they did was play their music all night while the band took over their social media accounts and maybe a shirt. I don't think Kirk was even there

And Lars was making his rounds in the crowd, passing around a collection plate and serving with a lawsuit all who did not throw in a buck fifty.

zroid

Banned
838c5309ede34fc7832a11346ea460a1.png

nooooooooooo!!!!

I love that when I watch hockey I usually get to listen to bands like Megadeth, Slayer, and Metallica played in the arenas. Keep it true, friends.

I think the thing to be concerned about is that each game, the Sharks have played better than the previous game and Game 3 wasn't even their best showing. Our best players still haven't scored, so we still have room for improvement. Tonight will definitely be interesting. I wouldn't be relaxed as a fan of either team at this point.

With regards to the ice, it should hopefully be better tonight. For Game 3, there was a concert the night before and the day of Game 3 we were hitting temps of almost 100 that day. Today is 20 degrees cooler, and nothing has forced them to take down the ice since Game 3.

I believe for icing they will wave it off, if the defensive team could have reasonably reached the puck before it crossed the red line.

Ya that's the rule, but in Game 3 it seemed like they were waiving them off when they shouldn't have.

Cat Party

The Sharks need to really blast ass in the first period tonight. They have been playing catch up every game. It's amazing that they have come back to tie the Pens 4 times already, but they need a LEAD. They need to make Murray feel like he's under assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom