• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What are the chances of a new Pokemon X/Y video featuring the new Eeveelution CoroCoro revealed in Japan?

I'd like to see that. Also, CoroCoro announced a new Pokemon Rumble for the Wii U as well...maybe we'll see an English announcement here too.

KillGore

ynFOYSe.png

AAAAH!!

TT2! YES!

/me dances *happy dance*!

:O :O :O

:O

I don't get it :( why are so many people excited over a dev and a game that I've never heard of??

DaBoss

I don't get it :( why are so many people excited over a dev and a game that I've never heard of

What seems to be a good indie game which is a sequel to a great game made back in the Gameboy Colour days. They are making Toki Tori 2 for the Wii U and PC.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't get it :( why are so many people excited over a dev and a game that I've never heard of

I adored Toki Tori 1. Such a great little game, and the puzzles in the later portions of the game were particularly devilish. TT2 is looking like it'll also be a fun experience.

Grief.exe

Do you want this or do you know something

To be honest, I could see this happening. I'll still hold out for all white though before I double dip

I'm just hoping that it will be true.

I'm holding out on an XL until a color I like shows up.

KillGore

What seems to be a good indie game which is a sequel to a great game made back in the Gameboy Colour days. They are making Toki Tori 2 for the Wii U and PC.

I adored Toki Tori 1. Such a great little game, and the puzzles in the later portions of the game were particularly devilish. TT2 is looking like it'll also be a fun experience.

Ahh I see. I guess I expected something bigger, or maybe it has a large enough cult following. I can't believe I've never heard of Toki Tori or its development team. I do hope there's something else too though...

Hiltz

It would be nice to hear that Nintendo's moved up Pikmin 3's release date. Oh, for Iwata to give Ubisoft management the middle finger after praising the development team.

Still no japanese direct?

At least 30 more minutes.

What are the chances of a new Pokemon X/Y video featuring the new Eeveelution CoroCoro revealed in Japan?

I'd like to see that. Also, CoroCoro announced a new Pokemon Rumble for the Wii U as well...maybe we'll see an English announcement here too.

Corocoro isn't officially out until tomorrow (15th) in Japan, so I don't think it's likely in the hypothetical Japanese, but who knows. Maybe in the Western ones.

GRW810

This will be a quiet Direct. Just some release dates, some new footage of upcoming games, nothing major. A hype Direct rather than a whole bunch of new games.

And then everyone who predicted new Zelda and all their other dreams to come true will bitch and moan that Nintendo didn't comply.

Also, there seems to be a direct correlation between increasing frequency of Directs and negative press towards Ninty. These videos used to be occasional and more often then not huge. The last one had some huge Wii U reveals, but the whole idea is in danger of losing the appeal if we start getting them almost weekly.

PhantomR

Banned
This will be a quiet Direct. Just some release dates, some new footage of upcoming games, nothing major. A hype Direct rather than a whole bunch of new games.

And then everyone who predicted new Zelda and all their other dreams to come true will bitch and moan that Nintendo didn't comply.

Also, there seems to be a direct correlation between increasing frequency of Directs and negative press towards Ninty. These videos used to be occasional and more often then not huge. The last one had some huge Wii U reveals, but the whole idea is in danger of losing the appeal if we start getting them almost weekly.

I kinda agree. That's the reason why I wish the Nintendo Directs were actually longer and had more content per Direct. That way you have fewer of them with much more meat on the bones.

Anyway, I'm thinking we'll see the following:

Wii U

-Need for Speed: Most wanted trailer
-New Monster Hunter trailer
-New RE: Revelations trailer with release date
-Pikmin 3 release date
-Wonderful 101 release date

3DS

-Animal crossing release date as well as confirmation of Animal Crossing special edition 3DSXL for NA
-Bravely Default localization announcement
-YouTube announced for 3DS
-Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton localization announcement
-Maybe some details about the new Monolith Soft 3DS game

My .02

Shahadan

Not really designed for people prefering announcements over actually playing games like internet forums. The idea is to inform everyone directly. Hype or megatons are not required at all. It's just what GAF make of it.
And "negative press" just exists because if Sony and Microsoft does the same, press people are useless, but that's another debate.

KillGore

can't imagine that other people might have experiences with a game/dev you didn't play

It is possible that, and stay with me here, maybe they have heard of these things and have had different experience that are not directly related to yours.

It's the amount of people who experienced it that surprises me, considering I didn't even know these games existed. I'm usually up to date with games and dev teams so it was sort of surprising to me.

Drago

The only announcement I require is just a little message saying there are plans to release Earthbound on the VC in NA. I wouldn't expect a release in Europe though, maybe you guys can get Terranigma or something.

ASIS

Not really designed for people prefering announcements over actually playing games like internet forums. The idea is to inform everyone directly. Hype or megatons are not required at all. It's just what GAF make of it.

The last Direct was definitely made to create hype though.

It worked.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if Two Tribes will achieve anything with the cross platform stuff they wanted to do. I'm guessing no but it'd be really interesting news if they did.

Shahadan

The last Direct was definitely made to create hype though.

It worked.

I don't really think so, considering most of it was Miiverse centric. Announcements and news of games are just the regular Direct stuff, it just happened to be a bunch of new titles that people liked, and yes aimed at reassuring a few wii u owners, but still.

If they were trying to talk to regular gamers only they would just announce stuff via PR and/or wouldn't use more than half th time to speak about Miiverse and that kind of stuff. they know internet doesn't care.

Irrelevant.

I disagree. I think the very fact that we're over 20 days since the last Direct and yet both Press and Forum attitude to Nintendo/Wii U is about the same (after all, nothing has really changed for the consumer) is very relevant. I don't think that they're merely doing this to turn around negative press as some have been suggesting.

Top Bottom