• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

tebunker

Banned
After seeing AC4 in the steam sale for €7,50 i always find it hard to swallow to pay double just to get it on another platform. If it was 7,50 i would have bought it. I'll probably grab Child of Light for that price. People who haven't checked Kuru Kuru Kururin need to grab that too!

Honestly game pad support is worth the extra money. Game runs fine 90% of the time and with everything put on the pad and prompts turned off it is a pretty pretty game.

Also the MP is actually enjoyable

maxcriden

I wonder if the U.S. will get some Christmas sales

Fingers way crossed.

pepsi-nintendo-sign21.jpg

Robin64

woooow Mario Party Advance. Will there be multiplayer???

The multi in MPA was.. odd.

The Bonus Board is an extra feature added to the main game. It is also the only way to play a multiplayer game. The Bonus Board is a board made of paper which comes packaged with the game. The Game Boy Advance acts as the dice and can be used to play multiplayer Gaddgets.

Bonus_Board.PNG

maxcriden

woooow Mario Party Advance. Will there be multiplayer???

Here's the official page:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Game-Boy-Advance/Mario-Party-Advance-266991.html

If you want to party with friends, though, hook up the Nintendo Game Boy Advance Link Cable to battle each other or else trade mini-games, Gadgets and coins with one another. You can even test how well you and your friends are suited by using the compatibility meter. Par-tay!

I presume the Link Cable won't be supported, so this is probably the original PR for the game. It does say 1-4 players on that page, though. (I wouldn't get my hopes up, though.)

tebunker

Banned
We've known that already. Can we have this thread without every fifth posts whining about the same 5 games NOT being out in NOA yet? Please? Is this possible?

And honestly there are a lot more games in other regions we haven't gotten or aren't getting on VC.

I am amazed that folks are more upset about stuff like DKC and SMB3 which have been available a lot of times in different forms versus some of the more rare and different stuff that comes out or could come out.

I mean with got the Demon's Crest/Quest games for the love of pete! We should be asking for more and more of these hard to find/get games instead of the regular old stuff. We know that stuff will come one day, but why haven't the Terranigma/illusion of Gaea games come to VC yet? Give me the EU releases that never came to the states or give me games you just can't find anymore.

TheMoon

Holy shit nice overall sale!
Guys, i'm tempted to grab Assassins Cree III. I've just played once the first one. Don't remember much. Is this game any good?

AC III is divisive. How much you hate or like it depends on what you enjoy doing in AC games. I loved the open plains and the winter setting. Running around in the trees, etc was the highlight of this game for me. If you're in it for the story and story missions, it's probably safe to stay away since the opening prologue is super long (multiple hours!) and it really takes a long time until you get to the "you're an assassin now!" part. The mission design is the typical AC stuff. If you're cool with that in any of the other games, you'll be cool with them here, too.

terrisus

And honestly there are a lot more games in other regions we haven't gotten or aren't getting on VC.

It's better than complaining that games don't go on sale as often in the US as they do in the EU, when typically the base US price is better than the sale EU price (or, at least, better than the base EU price) to begin with.

It's better than complaining that games don't go on sale as often in the US as they do in the EU, when typically the base US price is better than the sale EU price (or, at least, better than the base EU price) to begin with.

US gets the better deal, exchange rates considered.

I wish some games were given first priority to get released in the US, but I'm not complaining. I'm anxiously awaiting what else will be a great experience on the gamepad.

The Gamepad I find is great for GBA games.

TheMoon

US gets the better deal, exchange rates considered.

I wish some games were given first priority to get released in the US, but I'm not complaining. I'm anxiously awaiting what else will be a great experience on the gamepad.

The Gamepad I find is great for GBA games.

Well, you guys get pretty much all the indie games first or even exclusively thanks to USK/PEGI/ACB.

Looking what happens on the other side of the fence every once in a while puts things in perspective quickly.

tebunker

Banned

Pricing is very relative though. Granted having a base price be relatively higher does stink.

However I have a hard time with the argument that things cost more or less in different regions based solely on exchange rates. People who are paid in the euro gain benefits from having that be a strong currency in regards to the Dollar and vice versa.

But I do agree that pricing in different regions could be balanced better in relative terms. When companies do a flat $1 = 1€ or 1£ it's silly, but understandably some one being paid £15 per hour has a lot more purchasing power than some one making $15 and hour.

Well, you guys get pretty much all the indie games first or even exclusively thanks to USK/PEGI/ACB.

Looking what happens on the other side of the fence every once in a while puts things in perspective quickly.

I agree that It's a matter of perspective. I don't mind the wait for DKC, Zero Mission, or SMRPG, considering the US got Shovel Knight first.

I'm happy that Shovel Knight is finally coming to EU. It really benefits being played on the Gamepad.

Javier

I'd rather appreciate the stuff we've gotten instead of complaining of the games that aren't here yet mainly because... well, it's pointless. I have the CN surveys for that.

Europe doesn't have the GBA Castlevanias, and they have to wait until February for Shantae. I wouldn't trade my eShop for theirs.

At least everyone is getting Duck Hunt this week (which is kind of a milestone in VC history).

m0t0k1

Honestly game pad support is worth the extra money. Game runs fine 90% of the time and with everything put on the pad and prompts turned off it is a pretty pretty game.

Also the MP is actually enjoyable

Yeah i love the gamepad it's the reason why i buy most of the 3rd party games on Wii u. But i also want to buy Hyrule Warriors DLC and MK8 DLC + some small games before the year end premium promotion ends. So i will grab it next time it goes on sale.

pariah164

Update on my situation from last night. Deleted everything off the card and copied back the files. Everything popped right back up after I put the SD card in this time. Crisis averted. I was panicking when I went to sleep last night.

daydream

Banned
I'd rather appreciate the stuff we've gotten instead of complaining of the games that aren't here yet mainly because... well, it's pointless. I have the CN surveys for that.

Europe doesn't have the GBA Castlevanias, and they have to wait until February for Shantae. I wouldn't trade my eShop for theirs.

At least everyone is getting Duck Hunt this week (which is kind of a milestone in VC history).

I'd trade eShops any day of the week. The EUshop is so much worse, it's not even funny. We miss out on (what feels like) every other game, with huge delays on big titles to the point where you're constantly dreading that they will never make it. I feel the same about CN, honestly, but let's not open that pandoric box.
games > useless merch (with the exception of soundtrack CDs)

Experien

Spy Chameleon is only going to be $4.99 and "20% off if you own Rock Zombie, Unepic, Abyss, 99Seconds, Darts Up, or 99Moves on Wii U."

That is exciting.

BooJoh

I haven't decided whether to go for one last DDP code or not. I just grabbed Teslagrad and Aria of Sorrow yesterday, now I'm 479 points away from another code. I've gotten 15 codes since getting my Wii U, 75 bucks total isn't half bad.

Doesn't help that I tend to prefer 3DS versions so I went 3DS on Shovel Knight, Shantae, all NES titles I get that are on both, with a few exceptions where I double dipped. On top of that I just found out about the 12 new Theatrhythm DLC songs coming on the 24th.

I'll be grabbing Duck Hunt. I considered Demon's Crest but I'm not sure if it'd be too punishing. I'd happily grab any DKC games or Pokemon Pinball but I'm not counting on a second VC title this week.

terrisus

Yeah, I prefer 3DS to Wii U as well, and have gotten much more there.
If DDP applied to 3DS, I would've had a whole pile of credit from that.

Anyone pick up Hazumi? I'm a sucker for brick-breakers and it looks to be a nice spin on the genre. Plus it's cheap and an eShop (3DS) exclusive made by a team of two! I grabbed it, will come back with some impressions if there's any interest.

also

Banned
With the DDP ending I'll grab some VC games to rack up some points since those rarely/never go on sale. Too bad Circle of the Moon still isn't up in EU :/
what a beautiful gesture by nintendo

sharing the joy of kuru kuru kururin on christmas

some people will sadly be alone, but they can have kururin easily accessible on the big screen and that's what matters. other people can spread the word of kururin to their friends, family and loved ones to increase general joviality and festivity and deepen bonds when they too come to appreciate the joy of kururin. when some family members want to watch a horrible christmas film, you can flip kururin onto the gamepad and spin away. you've had a lot to drink, everyone can watch you fumble over kururin. stressing out over your christmas dinner, chill out for a bit with kururin. not sure what present to get, kururin. kururin. kururin. kururin.

I was kind if interested in KK Kururin and this post sold me.

sörine

Banned
At this point all VC bitching should really be focused on garbage companies like Konami and Square Enix. Nintendo might take their time in some cases but at least we can be rest assured that we'll eventually get the games. Can't say the same for Secret of Mana or Bonk's Revenge.

That said, NOA had better bring over Kururin.

m0t0k1

Yeah, I prefer 3DS to Wii U as well, and have gotten much more there.
If DDP applied to 3DS, I would've had a whole pile of credit from that.

Yep kinda sad it doesn't count just this month i have bought Rune factory 4 and SMT 4 digital. That is almost a €5 card already :(

foltzie1

sörine;144410518 said:
At this point all VC bitching should really be focused on garbage companies like Konami and Square Enix. Nintendo might take their time in some cases but at least we can be rest assured that we'll eventually get the games. Can't say the same for Secret of Mana or Bonk's Revenge.

That said, NOA had better bring over Kururin.

If Nintendo would provide any direction whatsoever it would help matters.

It is not clear what their current or long term plans are for the Virtual Console, thus speculation, albeit reasonable speculation.

Javier

Been playing Mega Man 5 on Wii U, for the first time since the NES days. I find the boss fights and level design to be pretty good, among the better ones in the series.

But that soundtrack... it's by no means bad, but not a single track seems to stand out. It's like I can't praise anything about it but I can't say I hate it either so in the end it leaves me with nothing.

sörine

Banned
If Nintendo would provide any direction whatsoever it would help matters.

It is not clear what their current or long term plans are for the Virtual Console, thus speculation, albeit reasonable speculation.
I guess. But really Nintendo's not the reason I can't play Final Fantasy III or Bomberman '94 on my Gamepad and I doubt that would change even if they were clearer on Virtual Console scheduling and direction.

Konami and Square Enix actually deserve the bitching though. Trash tier the both of them.

terrisus

Yeah, I've had a 2TB Hard Drive since launch too.

I have hard drives laying all over the place - so it was just a matter of freeing one of them up.

Top Bottom