• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

sörine

Banned
What do you guys say when filling out Club Nintendo surveys? Here is what I say on every single game :D
For VC surveys I've just started listing the games currently available in Japan that I would buy immediately if available here. And then I give them the total dollar amount they're missing out on.

jholmes

So I downloaded Spy Chameleon, that game is legit. Really fun and only $5. I hope the word gets out so it doesn't get buried like other gems

Just picked up Spy Chameleon as well and it really is legit.

Yes. Spread the word, gents. Spread the word.

Beat normal mode today with all the bugs and target times. Not sure if I'll bother with hard mode but I had way more fun than I'd have thought for $5.

I really doubt any sale would occur on Wed. Any sales that start before a Thursday are stated in the PR the previous week and mention when they start/etc. So we would likely know already if a sale would occur on a off-Thursday day.

Also, decided that I'm most likely going to go for "ZaciSa's Crayon Defense" for the Europe/beyond release. Submitting application tonight to PEGI. So will make that or something similar final tonight. I did like "ZaciSa Defense of the Crayon Dimension!", but was really too long. So I'll go with the simple "ZaciSa's Crayon Defense"

I feel like Crayon Defense misses the whole sci-fi tower defence thing, although at least defence is in the title.

GulAtiCa

I feel like Crayon Defense misses the whole sci-fi tower defence thing, although at least defence is in the title.

Picking a name is tough! :lol

Would going with the longer "ZaciSa Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" work better you think? I'm just worried that might be too long as a name. But I do like that one much better.

jholmes

Would going with the longer "ZaciSa Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" work better you think? I'm just worried that might be too long as a name. But I do like that one much better.

While I've complained about random capitalization I have an equally esoteric love for exciting punctuation in titles so I would prefer that name but would admit part of it is an irrational bias.

As far as I'm concerned, the title of your game should indicate or imply the following elements, from most important to least important:

• Tower defence
  • Fun
  • Space
  • Doodle-ish graphics

I suggest Woah ZaciSa

GulAtiCa

I'll prob get rid of that unusual uppercase S and make it lowercase. So many people have commented on it. Just a habbit now to include the S haha. Think I will go with "Zacisa Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" I think that does it best.

Also, about 60% done with my 2nd title, Drop It! (temp title), a physic-based puzzle game. Currently concentrating on gameplay/mechanics, so looks will be done last. But right now have over 40 levels. Got plan for 100+, which will include co-op type gameplay with a Wii Remote Controlelr so 2 people can play and each taken turn to get both of their "Stars" to the ground safely. I'll have more details in a few weeks, but currently thinking of a Feb/March release (NA/Europe(PEGI only for now)).

Wrong thread I know, but just am so happy! My girlfriend got some of my club Nintendo posters framed.

Here's the wide shot. I posted all individually in the club Nintendo thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=480757&page=100000

10869428_10102264001300425_8843988416192198182_o.jpg

jholmes

I'll prob get rid of that unusual uppercase S and make it lowercase. So many people have commented on it. Just a habbit now to include the S haha. Think I will go with "Zacisa Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" I think that does it best.

I would recommend something like Zacisa's Defense of the Crayon Dimension! or Zacisa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension!, some sort of attribution that makes some sort of sense and ties it to the NA release. But that's me.

Also, about 60% done with my 2nd title, Drop It! (temp title), a physic-based puzzle game. Currently concentrating on gameplay/mechanics, so looks will be done last. But right now have over 40 levels. Got plan for 100+, which will include co-op type gameplay with a Wii Remote Controlelr so 2 people can play and each taken turn to get both of their "Stars" to the ground safely. I'll have more details in a few weeks, but currently thinking of a Feb/March release (NA/Europe(PEGI only for now)).

Interesting! Will there be some sort of graphical hook for this game too?

The longer title is much much better

Also KEEP THE CAPS

tebunker

Banned

I still stand by my horribly long and obtuse title from several pages back...

I like long and ridiculous titles, just think of the PR person that has to write the copy...

On another note, I need Nintendo Download Gaf's help.

I currently have an unopened Pit Amiibo, I hate bought to keep out of a scalpers hands. I still have the receipt and I was thinking of returning it, thus putting it out to the wild again, but I want to use that money to get some more games, specifically $10 in eshop credit, so I can hit that last $5 ticket and some steam sale stuffs. Is that good? I feel like I will be okay putting that little guy out there. I just didn't want him to get scooped up on release day so some DB could flip it for double.

It seems like Amiigaf has pretty much gotten what they wanted, and I prefer not to deal with any hassle of shipping it and paypal etc, so returning it is the only solution right now.

I just want some affirmation from some fellow Nintendo fans

Chrom

I personally prefer the uppercase S in ZaciSa since it's kind of like a brand at this point, as someone else previously said here.

Glass Joe

Yes. Spread the word, gents. Spread the word.

Beat normal mode today with all the bugs and target times. Not sure if I'll bother with hard mode but I had way more fun than I'd have thought for $5.

I probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up (Spy Chameleon) if it weren't for your input. When the tile appeared on the eShop I thought it looked generic and like more shovelware. But I saw it was from EnjoyUp and they've done some stuff I like in the arcade style, like Abyss and 99 Seconds. It convinced me to watch the video and it looked pretty well made, but looks can deceive. You giving your impressions had me check out a few reviews (I guess it's on steam too) and I'm really glad I did.

Buy Spy Chameleon, guys!

Now I'm in a bit of a quandary. I rented Hyrule Warriors one time and liked it enough. But I'm not really in any rush to get back to it. I could pick it up now to get $5 in the DDP. Or I could wait until it goes on sale (if it ever does). I remember Windwaker HD going on sale I think twice so far. To top it off, I just won a weight-loss challenge so I have $100 burning in my pocket. Hmm.

GulAtiCa

Ok, Pegi application sent! Decided on "ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" for it's name. Sending off payment tomorrow and the materials this week for review. Will let you guy know of it's progress as I know more. :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
Now I'm in a bit of a quandary. I rented Hyrule Warriors one time and liked it enough. But I'm not really in any rush to get back to it. I could pick it up now to get $5 in the DDP. Or I could wait until it goes on sale (if it ever does). I remember Windwaker HD going on sale I think twice so far. To top it off, I just won a weight-loss challenge so I have $100 burning in my pocket. Hmm.

I'd be very surprised if it goes on sale between now and Thursday.

foltzie1

This. You have a guaranteed 10% discount (of sorts) now, or you may see a 33% discount when the next Zelda is released or whenever Nintendo decides to give another sale a Go or you may not.

Glass Joe

Yeah, I said get it now (for DDP points) -or- wait for it to go on sale sometime in 2015. But thanks. Eh I think my backlog is big enough for now and if it never hits a sale I'll just get it when I'm ready.

daydream

Banned
Ok, Pegi application sent! Decided on "ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension!" for it's name. Sending off payment tomorrow and the materials this week for review. Will let you guy know of it's progress as I know more. :)

Looking forward to my monthly royalty cheques for the title!

Good luck! ;) Can't wait for the USK release.

L~A

Ubisoft has done Assassin Creed DLC & Just Dance DLC sales before I think. But last I know, that was a long time ago.

Pretty sure Ubisoft DLC (or any DLC period, for that matter) has never, ever been on sales. I know because I've been wanting to get some of the AC3 DLC, but never got to because no way in hell I'm paying the same amount as I did for the full game (30€) just for the DLC.

And they've never discounted those, sadly... or maybe not sadly, that money I saved went to something much better, in retrospect :p

JoeM86

No January thread yet so posting here.

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker €39.99 / £34.99

Wii U VC
F-Zero GP Legend €6.99/£6.29
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones €6.99/£6.29

3DS Themes
Pokémon: Slowpoke €1.99/£1.79
NES Fire-Breathing Bowser €1.99/£1.79

========
Price Reductions

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U (Nintendo) - €59.99/£49.99 (Ends January 8, combined price normally €79.98/£67.98)
The Mario Bros.' New Year's Offer:
New Super Luigi U* included as a free bonus if you buy New Super Mario Bros. U in Nintendo eShop between 01/01/2015 14:00 UTC and 08/01/2015.
* A download code for New Super Luigi U will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on the receipt.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (CAPCOM) - €29.99/£24.99 (Ends January 8, regular price €59.99/£49.99)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate New Year's Offer:
In anticipation of the release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, launching on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems in early 2015, hunt, gather, and become a legend with a 50% New Year's discount on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS until 08/01/2015.
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) - €9.99/£8.66 (Ends January 8, regular price €14.99/£12.99)

3DS
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (CAPCOM) - €22.49/£19.99 (Ends January 8, regular price €44.99/£39.99)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate New Year's Offer:
In anticipation of the release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, launching on Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems in early 2015, hunt, gather, and become a legend with a 50% New Year's discount on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS until 08/01/2015.
Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games) - €9.99/£8.66 (Ends January 8, regular price €14.99/£12.99)

GRW810

Wrong thread I know, but just am so happy! My girlfriend got some of my club Nintendo posters framed.

Here's the wide shot. I posted all individually in the club Nintendo thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=480757&page=100000

10869428_10102264001300425_8843988416192198182_o.jpg
That looks glorious. I'm so jealous. You have a really nice home.

Defence of the Crayon Dimension is a really cool, eye-catching name. It immediately gives you two clues about the game; genre and artstyle. Three points though:

1) I'm still not sure about Zacisa, with or without the random capital letters. It's a meaningless word that has no connotations or easily-searchable characteristics. No one is going to blindly or accidentally stumble across that title on the eShop or Google via a search, like they would with keywords such as 'attack' or 'super', for example. That could hurt your visibility, though if you want to turn the term 'Zacisa' into a connecting series the consistency may pay off in the long term.

2) As someone else mentioned you may want to include some punctuation between Zacisa and the subtitle. A colon or hyphen. Zacisa: Defence of the Crayon Dimension packs a punch and clearly defines series and game.

3) For Europe or UK I'd go for 'defence' with a 'c' over 'defense' with an 's'. I think that's the correct preference, even though both are considered acceptable.

I look forward to trying it out. Any idea about price?

gerudoman

Wow, wasn't expecting a Shovel Knight 3DS sale in Europe so soon. I've always bitched about its price so it's time to get it, I guess.

terrisus

For Europe or UK I'd go for 'defence' with a 'c' over 'defense' with an 's'. I think that's the correct preference, even though both are considered acceptable.

Good catch, don't know how I didn't catch that.

Also I agree with including a colon after Zacisa
(and removing the random capital in the middle of the word >.>)

GRW810

Shovel Knight sale! Oh I'm so buying it this week. Even after all these months I still don't know which to get, Wii U or 3DS. I don't double-dip so it's one or the other.

3D and portability are appealing, but off-TV and Digger's Diary are tempting me. Might come down to which of my consoles needs the catalogue addition more. Having just got Smash on Wii U and planning to get Captain Toad, as well as the need to complete Scram Kitty, Giana Sisters and Armillo, I kind of think 3DS needs something. But then I haven't even started Kid Icarus, so...

Completely torn. If forced to choose I might go for Wii U though, maybe. Anyone want to speak up for either one?

BooJoh

Shovel Knight sale! Oh I'm so buying it this week. Even after all these months I still don't know which to get, Wii U or 3DS. I don't double-dip so it's one or the other.

3D and portability are appealing, but off-TV and Digger's Diary are tempting me. Might come down to which of my consoles needs the catalogue addition more. Having just got Smash on Wii U and planning to get Captain Toad, as well as the need to complete Scram Kitty, Giana Sisters and Armillo, I kind of think 3DS needs something. But then I haven't even started Kid Icarus, so...

Completely torn. If forced to choose I might go for Wii U though, maybe. Anyone want to speak up for either one?

I've only played the 3DS version. The StreetPass is totally forgettable but the 3D effects are extremely well-done.

GRW810

I already have NSMBU on disc. If I'm reading it right there's no discount on Luigi U available to me? That really, really sucks.

Glass Joe

I already have NSMBU on disc. If I'm reading it right there's no discount on Luigi U available to me? That really, really sucks.

I'm sure we've all bought several games in our lives only to see them discounted later :)

Hmm another Fire Emblem already? I haven't started the 1st and I know they're long games. Not that the US and Europe even coincide much these days really, but a sign that we'll probably get it soon as well.

Dee Dee

Price Reductions

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U & New Super Luigi U (Nintendo) - €59.99/£49.99 (Ends January 8, combined price normally €79.98/£67.98)
The Mario Bros.' New Year's Offer:
New Super Luigi U* included as a free bonus if you buy New Super Mario Bros. U in Nintendo eShop between 01/01/2015 14:00 UTC and 08/01/2015.
* A download code for New Super Luigi U will be shown on the screen after purchase, and also on the receipt.

... I just got NSMBU for Christmas. As a disc. Whyyyy????
This sucks.

Although good thing I held off on buying Shovel Knight for my last DDP Points, guess I will buy some GBA VC games instead (and continue doing so with another Fire Emblem added to the backlog this week as well. Nice.).

GRW810

I'm sure we've all bought several games in our lives only to see them discounted later :)
It's not the discount that bothers me, it's that I don't qualify despite owning the game. Why not make the sale for anyone who already owns or now buys NSMBU?

Despite owning NSMBU since launch, when I paid full price, there is no way for me to get Luigi U except to pay full price for it or to buy NSMBU again and get Luigi U free.

I'm not even asking for it to be free; I'm quite happy for new NSMBU buyers to get it free. I just wish existing owners of NSMBU were recognised in this sale this week. I'd quite happily go drop a discounted tenner on Luigi U if that was an option.

Though... I'd still much prefer having the disc version with that cool green box.

Empty

gp legend. yes!

that nsmb/nslu sale is disappointing. i'm in the market for the game but it's cheaper just to grab a physical copy on ebay.

Chopper

I got excited when I saw a Luigi U discount. Then unexcited when I saw it was only for people who don't already own NSMB U.

Oregano

I hope the MonHun sale lasting until the 8th means that MonHun 4U's release date will be announced by then.

Come on 20th Feb launch with the New 3DS!

TheMoon

British English am cry.

Ubisoft has done Assassin Creed DLC & Just Dance DLC sales before I think. But last I know, that was a long time ago.

Nope, they most definitely haven't put AssCreed DLC on sale.

Surprised to see SK on sale so quickly in EU. Probably thread-worthy IMO if someone wants to make a PSA.

It's been on sale on steam this week, too.

Top Bottom