• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

daydream

Banned
Ittle Dew. Not Little Dew. "Little" is the effort they put into their European release. "Ittle Dew" is what they said when deciding to not release in Germany. Easy to remember. ;)

R2SNdU1.gif

tolkir

Nice list! I gotta try Ittle Dew then. I like the style of Teslagrad and I wish I could play it but the mechanic where fast-jumping causes a flash on the screen every time is really triggering for migraines for me.

Shitty luck.

I'm epileptic (sensitive to flashes) and I hadn't any problems.

maxcriden

Shitty luck.

I'm epileptic (sensitive to flashes) and I hadn't any problems.

Ah, my wife has epilepsy as well. Sorry to hear it. We both get migraines and both found them to be a trigger unfortunately. We both just have eye sensitivity in general with stuff like that with some games, though.

terrisus

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys:

What are your top 5 eShop games of the year?

And why, of course. Curious to see results!

Pier Solar
Grinsia
Shovel Knight
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
And... Umm... I don't really have a 5th I don't think
(I probably forgot something >.>)

Chrom

I also recall Just Dance DLC going on sale in NA within the past two years. I think the DLC for Shin Megami Tensei IV has been on sale too.

tolkir

Ah, my wife has epilepsy as well. Sorry to hear it. We both get migraines and both found them to be a trigger unfortunately. We both just have eye sensitivity in general with stuff like that with some games, though.

I don't know why but I'm more sensible with movies/series that with games. Rarely, it bothers me playing.
I suppose because I play with low brightness and iluminated room.

maxcriden

I don't know why but I'm more sensible with movies/series that with games. Rarely, it bothers me playing.
I suppose because I play with low brightness and iluminated room.

Oh, yes. I do find an illuminated room usually helps me as well. Movies don't tend to be as bad for me unless traditionally animated or extremely choppy.

Kodaman

Bought Aria of Sorrow, Advanced Wars and some Pikmin DLC. Just little over 9000 points now.
Sad this promotion comes to an end.

My Top 5:
1 - Shovel Knight
2 - Scram Kitty
3 - Pushmo World
4 - SteamWorld Dig
5 - Stick it to the Man

Still haven't played the Swapper, Teslgrad or Thomas Was Alone which I intend to buy as soon as I can.

GRW810

European version is completely fine.
NA Version had a problem with the sound from the GamePad, I don't know if it's already patched.
I heard it was the EU version with off-TV audio problems. Also glitches and poor loading times between rooms.

I like the look of it though, so I'm hoping to pick it up on sale one day.

TheMoon

I heard it was the EU version with off-TV audio problems. Also glitches and poor loading times between rooms.

I like the look of it though, so I'm hoping to pick it up on sale one day.

You misunderstood then. It was the US version and they always said the would fix the problems FOR the EU release and those fixes would follow as a patch for the US version later.

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys:

What are your top 5 eShop games of the year?

And why, of course. Curious to see results!
Released this year? If not Toki Tory 2 would be top and that's with less than 2 hours of play XD

In no order:

- Art of Balance. Winner of the title: "Most Fairly Priced eShop Game". It has the perfect combination for a puzzle game testing both your motor and thinking skills. The Wii Remote support magnifies the game's enjoyment. On top of the substantial 200 puzzles for single player, the replayability is augmented by well executed and addicting local and online multiplayer modes as well as competitive one, where the player is ranked globally.

- Stealth INC 2. This is an interesting cocktail of stealth, platforming and puzzle solving. It is what one would call a AAA indi game... not really but it is a game where you can see a lot of care and polish was poured into the project. It's full of neat features such a Souls inspired Miiverse implementation, customization options and a level editor. Would have liked to try the coop mode to see if it makes the game even better.

- Steam World Dig.Another game that does everything it sets to do well: It has a gorgeous art style, responsive controls and mechanics. It has all this elements on top of a solid foundation of stablished ideas while adding it's own touches. The mine digging premise is really interesting to me and addicting.

Super important: It handles the off TV play better than any Wii U game ever.

-Pushmo.This puzzle game is a work of a genius. It's such an incredible simple concept but with so many layers of depth. And the things people make in the editor!

-Shovel Knight.Unsurprisingly. No need to comment much as the game has been discussed enough. It's just a really high quality game.

Guys check out what Grizzo sent me for X-Mas all the way from FRANCE!!

photoon12-29-14at6.35d5uye.jpg
He sended you a cat?!

Most have costed a fortune to ship a live animal.

And he's not too thrilled to be at your side it seems.
I told my wife that would be the first post anyone would make
Hopefuly you didn't bet anything of much value, cause it was the second post anyone did make.

Well the sencond pic shows that you could get along with the cat rather well. Maybe the poor animal was too jet lagged from the long trip in the first one.

zigg

European version is completely fine.
NA Version had a problem with the sound from the GamePad, I don't know if it's already patched.
Uhhhh, I didn't check thoroughly, but it seemed like sound didn't come from the GamePad even if you switched the screens.

So that said, I managed to get 30+ min in over Christmas break and didn't run into any brokenness issues. I think the game is still pretty playable if you don't mind using the TV, and my family got into it. Enjoyed it so far!

Guys check out what Grizzo sent me for X-Mas all the way from FRANCE!!

photoon12-29-14at6.35d5uye.jpg
#YearOfNabbit #NewSuperNabbitU

jholmes

I heard it was something of a broken mess.

I've heard some similar concerns, but I'm hoping to find some redeeming qualities since tolkir and jholmes liked it so well.

It needs a patch. The game stuttered up and didn't scroll the end of the credits for me, but the game itself was fine.

This is actually a really polished game so while I'm not excusing the lack of a patch, which is indeed inexcusable, I would never say something like that it's a "broken mess." If you've ever had interest in speedrunning Zelda, I'd say it's a must-play, actually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I just counted because I wanted to know how many games I'd have to transfer to the New 3DS when Nintendo eventually brings it over here & I thought it'd be around 60, but turns out I've downloaded 84 games. 32 eShop, 4 DSiware, 10 GBA, 14 NES, 16 GB, & 8 GBC.

Wouldn't be surprised if I eventually hit 100 next year with stuff like SMB Deluxe, Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, giving in to another Guild 01/02 sale, & such. Heck, still got 6.5GB left on my 16GB SD card.

Here's to 2015 and downloading more games onto my 3DS.......oh and my Wii U, I guess.

terrisus

So I just counted because I wanted to know how many games I'd have to transfer to the New 3DS when Nintendo eventually brings it over here & I thought it'd be around 60, but turns out I've downloaded 84 games. 32 eShop, 4 DSiware, 10 GBA, 14 NES, 16 GB, & 8 GBC.

Wouldn't be surprised if I eventually hit 100 next year with stuff like SMB Deluxe, Bionic Commando: Elite Forces, giving in to another Guild 01/02 sale, & such. Heck, still got 6.5GB left on my 16GB SD card.

Here's to 2015 and downloading more games onto my 3DS.......oh and my Wii U, I guess.

Let's see here... I've got:

Full games: 24
eShop: 21
3D Classics: 7
DSiWare: 20
GBA: 10
NES: 39
GB: 35
GBC: 18
GG: 6

Total: 180

>.>

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, was half expecting someone to outdo me in terms of digital content. Still, it's amazing just how much I've downloaded in terms of both eShop exclusive content & VC titles.

Just hope that the Wii U will have more games I'll want to download eventually, not including some VC titles I have in mind.

GulAtiCa

Full Games: 12
eShop: 61
3DS Classics: 6
GB: 18
GBC: 11
GBA: 10
NES: 15
GG: 3
DSiWare: 15ish

Total: 151.

I haven't payed that much attention to the 3DS that much this past quarter/etc. So I would have more if I had kept up.

I currently have
-Full Retail-Games: 39
-All Others: 14

I really need to look into the eShop games a bit more lol I have a 64GB card in my system now.

tebunker

Banned
Just set myself up to end up with one last $5 DDP certificate, needed 156 points so I cashed in Kirby and Metroid on Club Nintendo for 79 and 49 each, and then bought Block Drop U and Pikmin DLC at .99 and 1.99 for the last 9 and 19. That puts me at exactly 11000 points, so from April 2013 to now, I earned 22 certificates to the point. Kind of cool.

As for my Digital Stash, note I only have a WiiU no 3DS.

17 retail titles
34 Indie Games
14 SNES
9 GBA
8 NES

Not counting stuff that I can't upgrade to from Wii to WiiU VC.

I fear that if I owned a 3ds it would easily be double that amount.

sörine

Banned
Digital brag?

3DS (128GB SD card)
Retail: 53
eShop: 67
Apps: 18
VC: 102
DSiWare: 17 (damn fridge)

Wii U (2TB HDD)
Retail: 24
eShop: 44
Apps: 13
VC: 98

I'm literally afraid to look on the vWii on my Wii U. Pretty sure my VC + WiiWare is over 200 games.

BooJoh

Some of you might run into trouble in the coming years, last I heard the 3DS won't let you install more than 300 items regardless of SD card space.

3DS: 132

Retail: 14
eShop: 53
VC: 41
DSiWare: 24 (19 installed)

I didn't count freely available apps like SwapNote/Netflix or built in software.

Wii U: 53

Retail: 11
eShop: 18
VC: 24

Too lazy to switch my TV over for Wii mode stats.

Well, after getting DLC for MK 8 and Contra III for VC, I just needed about 14 more DDP points to earn another $5 code so after checking the sales page, I finally downloaded Zacisa's Last Stand which has the honor of completing my time using the DDP service. :) Too late to play it now though, will post impressions on it when I get a chance. I'm looking forward to it, have little experience with the tower defense genre and this looks very fun and accessible.

Wii U / 3DS Digital Brag

3DS: 128 GB Micro SD

3DS Retail-Digital Download: 57
3DS Ware: 29
3DS DSiWare: 14
3DS Game Boy: 46
3DS Game Boy Color: 15
3DS Game Boy Advance: 10
3DS Game Gear: 16
3DS NES: 13

Total: 200

Wii U: 1 TB HDD

Wii U Retail-Digital Download: 17
Wii U Ware: 9
Wii U NES: 21
Wii U SNES: 12
Wii U GBA: 17

Total: 76

foltzie1

My list

3DS
10 DSi
10 NES (Ambassador)
10 GBA (Ambassador)
4 GBC
11 GB
22 eShop
3 Digital Retail releases
3 Apps
70 Total (+3 apps)

Wii U

12 Digital Retail Titles
14 eShop Titles
19 NES
18 SNES
1 GBA
7 Apps

64 Total (+7 apps) + Whatever I buy on DDP before time runs out

I should note that I have not double purchased any NES or GBA titles that I have on one system on the other (unless they were part of the $0.30 promotion or I had upgrade pricing on the NES title)

Much like Team Top Hat, I post a general complaint about lack of Crossbuy, Genesis, TG16, NeoGeo, etc on the Wii U VC when I do Club Nintendo surveys.

BooJoh

Much like Team Top Hat, I post a general complaint about lack of Crossbuy, Genesis, TG16, NeoGeo, etc on the Wii U VC when I do Club Nintendo surveys.

I make it a point to mention crossbuy, Super GB support and GBC-style color palettes in every VC survey.

Top Bottom