• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

also

Banned
It has exclusive Miiverse and Streetpass stuff on Wii U and 3DS. But by all means if you feel that way let Yacht Club know that so they get the message.
I knew I should have worded my post better. I don't mind the Digger's diary and the Streetpass stuff because that content is tied to the very hardware and software features of 3DS and Wii U; it simply can't be replicated elsewhere. What I do mind, however, is locking people out of levels/bosses due to needlessly tying them to IPs of platform holders.
(OK, they could implement the diary if they used the Vita as a second screen but I doubt they have the resources for what would be a cool, but ultimately niche feature.)

I'll definitely shoot them an email.

Maybe the Nintendo versions will get a Hylian Knight update or something? Who knows.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a video shown at a PlayStation event.

That wouldn't solve anything because you would still have to buy multiple versions to get the complete package.
If they want to throw PlayStation fans a bone, they should throw in some skins or other purely cosmetic stuff. They could also release a paid expansion for the initial platforms and give it to PS buyers for free. That way everyone gets to play everything.

I'm just 21 points away from earning another $5 code in my Deluxe Digital account and need a fun, cheap title. I noticed that Color Zen is on sale for $2.79 how is that? Looks like a relaxing puzzler with soothing music.

daydream

Banned
I'm just 21 points away from earning another $5 code in my Deluxe Digital account and need a fun, cheap title. I noticed that Color Zen is on sale for $2.79 how is that? Looks like a relaxing puzzler with soothing music.

Get XType+ for 3 bucks or Cosmophony for 4.

donny2112

Wii U/3DS/Steam versions came with a time machine feature. We all got to play it before Sony users. :p

Does Sony still require exclusive bonuses for games released later on their platform? Could be why Kratos is in there. Something non-Sony gamers probably wouldn't care about and something to get new and double-dipping Sony gamers on board with Shovel Knight.

GulAtiCa

Does Sony still require exclusive bonuses for games released later on their platform? Could be why Kratos is in there. Something non-Sony gamers probably wouldn't care about and something to get new and double-dipping Sony gamers on board with Shovel Knight.

Oh? Never heard of that before. Could just be that Sony is very loose with their IPs and probably suggested it or was just asked.

also

Banned

I don't care about Kratos as a character, but I do care about Kratos as a boss fight I won't get to play unless I buy the game on PS platforms.
Now I'm actually glad that the game was delayed in Europe and I didn't end up buying it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You have to realize that releasing later on a platform means they need to add some incentive to sell the game. That's why the exclusive content. It's something that we complained so much in regards to the late ports to Wii U.

also

Banned
You have to realize that releasing later on a platform means they need to add some incentive to sell the game. That's why the exclusive content. It's something that we complained so much in regards to the late ports to Wii U.
I get that and I already offered examples of adequate incentives. They could add cosmetic stuff (a cheat code that changes treasures into PS related stuff...), paid DLC included at no extra cost, lower price...

People complained about the Wii U ports because of the value proposition; late, full price, DLC has to be purchased separately. Also they often ran worse than on PS3 or 360.

daydream

Banned
Circle got back to me:

@fauxennui Sorry, We have canceled the USK rating, so the title wont released in German, but for the other countries, there has no problem.

Welp, hope the game (Legend of Dark Witch) won't remain a 3DS exclusive. Christ..

mstevens

Thanks for the reminder... I apparently had $10 sitting in my digital deluxe account. (Decided to use it on The Legend of The Mystical Ninja. Never played it and it has been sitting in my wish list forever)

Up to $35 total now, which isn't bad since I haven't bought any retail games digitally.

mstevens

Playing through Yoshi's Island (GBA) for the first time. (I somehow missed a lot of the SNES gen. My family kinda skipped from NES to N64, besides Earthbound and Mario RPG). This game is charming as hell. Makes me feel even better about maining dark blue Yoshi for MK8.

Edit: Also, playing VC games on the gamepad is the greatest thing ever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Picking a Wii VC game to alternate playing with Captain Toad. Ristar or DoReMi?
If you have a PS360, Ristar is on Ultimate Genesis Collection with a ton of other games for under $20. DoReMi, while I haven't played it, hasn't been re-released as much as Ristar.

maxcriden

Playing through Yoshi's Island (GBA) for the first time. (I somehow missed a lot of the SNES gen. My family kinda skipped from NES to N64, besides Earthbound and Mario RPG). This game is charming as hell. Makes me feel even better about maining dark blue Yoshi for MK8.

It's an incredible game! Just played it for the first time earlier this year myself. Enjoy the ride! I plan to go back and 100% it sometime. (FWIW I also loved Yoshi's Island DS and thought YNI was pretty solid.)

If you have a PS360, Ristar is on Ultimate Genesis Collection with a ton of other games for under $20. DoReMi, while I haven't played it, hasn't been re-released as much as Ristar.

No 360. Thank you, though! I actually already downloaded both games, just trying to decide which to play first. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No 360. Thank you, though! I actually already downloaded both games, just trying to decide which to play first. :)
Oh, okay! Then I'd say Ristar since, while the button placement can feel awkward depending on the system, is a rather decent platformer and it be quite fun being able to spin & then launch yourself to fly. It's a shame the game didn't become more popular since there's some stuff I wish was expanded upon in a sequel. I will say the game can become hard as you get close to the final worlds.

Yoshi's Island is the platformer of the generation for me. I can't get enough of the game.

The Gamepad is so much more fun to play on than any DS I've held. Could be that I have big hands though.

jholmes

Picking a Wii VC game to alternate playing with Captain Toad. Ristar or DoReMi?

DoReMi is fun and not at all cryptic like the NES Milon game but it is all in Japanese and there's a ton of dialogue in between some levels so be forewarned. None of it is necessary to play the game but holy hell is there a lot of it. As for the game it's good and colourful and fun but maybe a touch forgettable.

I personally hate Ristar but it has its fans. As noted, Sega's given it out for free a bunch of places already. It's good looking for a Genesis game and the game control is at least memorable.

Short answer: I don't know that I'd leap at either, but if you put them both in front of me I'd definitely pick DoReMi.

maxcriden

Oh, okay! Then I'd say Ristar since, while the button placement can feel awkward depending on the system, is a rather decent platformer and it be quite fun being able to spin & then launch yourself to fly. It's a shame the game didn't become more popular since there's some stuff I wish was expanded upon in a sequel. I will say the game can become hard as you get close to the final worlds.

DoReMi is fun and not at all cryptic like the NES Milon game but it is all in Japanese and there's a ton of dialogue in between some levels so be forewarned. None of it is necessary to play the game but holy hell is there a lot of it. As for the game it's good and colourful and fun but maybe a touch forgettable.

I personally hate Ristar but it has its fans. As noted, Sega's given it out for free a bunch of places already. It's good looking for a Genesis game and the game control is at least memorable.

Short answer: I don't know that I'd leap at either, but if you put them both in front of me I'd definitely pick DoReMi.

Thanks, guys. We tried Ristar but the style and look of the graphics both made our migraines feel a bit worse. DoReMi seems less strong in that way (in a good way) but by that point my wife didn't feel up for playing any more tonight. I did read a bunch of Japanese screens and while I didn't know what any of the words meant, haha, I was able to read the hiragana so that felt like good practice (I'm in the beginning stages of learning Japanese). When we're next in a VC mood we'll give it a real try. Thanks again!

P.S. BTW Holmes, why do you hate Ristar?

Socreges

Banned
Never played the new Fire Emblem game that was released on Thursday, is it worth checking out?
Depends on your familiarity with the series and with strategy games.

Regardless, the answer is yes. It's widely praised a,among the best GBA games, and in some minds is actually the best FE.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am 378 points away from another code, so unless there is a ton of really compelling sales, I don't think I'll earn another one.

jholmes

Thanks, guys. We tried Ristar but the style and look of the graphics both made our migraines feel a bit worse. DoReMi seems less strong in that way (in a good way) but by that point my wife didn't feel up for playing any more tonight. I did read a bunch of Japanese screens and while I didn't know what any of the words meant, haha, I was able to read the hiragana so that felt like good practice (I'm in the beginning stages of learning Japanese). When we're next in a VC mood we'll give it a real try. Thanks again!

P.S. BTW Holmes, why do you hate Ristar?

Well, it's been a while since I played it, but I thought the level design was weak and I just do not like the gimmick of how Ristar controls. And while the style of the graphics don't give me a migraine, I certainly don't like them.

Maybe it's one of those games I'll give a second shot and feel differently about, but I doubt it.

JoeM86

Themes this week

B4Uk5pSIUAAb2Dd.png:orig

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Tested with robots ! €10.00 / £9.00

Wii U Virtual Console
Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire €6.99 / £6.79

Wii U Add-On Content
Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball €4.99 / £3.99
Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (trial)
Zen Pinball 2: Core Collection €9.99 / £7.99
Zen Pinball 2: Core Collection (trial)
Zen Pinball 2: Venom Table €2.99 / £2.39
Zen Pinball 2: Venom Table (trial)

3DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy €29.99 / £24.99
Hello Kitty Happy Happy Family €34.99 / £29.99 + Demo
My Life on a Farm 3D €29.99 / £24.99
I Love My Little Boy €24.99 / £19.99 + Demo
I Love My Little Girl €24.99 / £19.99 + Demo
Battleminer €7.99 / £5.99
Fairune €2.99 / £2.39
My First Songs 2 €4.99 / £4.49
Pyramids 2 €4.99 / £3.96
Rune Factory 4 €29.99 / £24.99

3DS Add On Content
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Navigation: Theodore €2.99 / £2.69
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Navigation: Elizabeth €2.99 / £2.69
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - Navigation: Margaret €2.99 / £2.69

3DS Themes
ACNL K.K. Slider at Club LOL €1.99 / £1.79
Mario Characters (Green Camouflage) €1.99 / £1.79
Mario Characters (Blue Camo) €1.99 / £1.79
Polka Dots (Yellow & White) €0.99 / £0.89

=======
Price Cuts

Wii U

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia) €4.85 / £4.49 / CHF6.30 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Barbie® Dreamhouse Party €15.00 / £13.50 / CHF21.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX) €0.99 / £0.79 / CHF1.29 until 07.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Color Zen (Cypronia) €2.24 / £2.24 / CHF2.99 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia) €2.24 / £2.24 / CHF2.99 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Monster High™ 13 Wishes €15.00 / £13.50 / CHF21.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia) €3.74 / £3.35 / CHF5.24 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) €14.99 / £11.99 / CHF17.50 until 18.12.2014, 23:59 UTC

3DS
10-in-1: Arcade Collection (Gamelion)  €.0.99 / £0.89 / CHF1.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
AeternoBlade (CORECELL) €5.99 / £5.40 / CHF8.40 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Angry Bunnies (Cypronia) €4.85 / £4.49 / CHF6.74 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Barbie® Dreamhouse Party €15.00 / £13.50 / CHF21.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Barbie™ Groom and Glam Pups™ €10.00 / £8.99 / CHF14.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Bubble Pop World (Cypronia) €3.74 / £3.35 / CHF5.24 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Carps & Dragons (Abylight) €2.99 / £2.49 / CHF4.00 until 12.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Color Zen (Cypronia) €2.24 / £2.24 / CHF2.99 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Color Zen Kids (Cypronia) €2.24 / £2.24 / CHF2.99 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (ATLUS) €19.99 / £17.99 / CHF28.00 until 25.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion) €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF1.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey (Cypronia) €3.74 / £3.35 / CHF5.24 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Monster High™ 13 Wishes €15.00 / £13.50 / CHF21.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Monster High™ Skultimate Roller Maze™ (Little Orbit) €5.00 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 30.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Monster Shooter (Gamelion) €1.99 / £1.60 / CHF2.49 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia) €3.74 / £3.35 / CHF5.24 until 02.02.2015, 23:59 UTC
Parking Star 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Pick-A-Gem (Gamelion) €1.49 / £1.29 / CHF2.00 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
PIX3D €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Quell Reflect (CIRCLE Ent.) €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF4.20 until 12.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Rage of the Gladiator (Gamelion) €3.49 / £3.09 / CHF4.90 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Resident Evil™ Revelations (CAPCOM) €9.99 / £8.49 / CHF13.00 until 18.12.2014, 23:59 UTC
Resident Evil™ The Mercenaries 3D €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 18.12.2014, 23:59 UTC

SpeedX 3D (Gamelion) €1.49 / £1.29 / CHF2.00 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
SpeedX 3D Hyper Edition €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF1.40 until 08.01.2015, 23:59 UTC
Witch & Hero €1.99 / £1.79 / CHF2.80 until 01.01.2015, 23:59 UTC

JoeM86

Pokémon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire! Hells yes!

eCards weren't needed to Catch 'Em All, right?

Nope. They just made it easier.

There were four e-cards, only in Japan

DX Mode Card - Made Pikachu/Pichu more likely to save your ball
Capture Difficulty UP - Made Latios/Latias more likely to save your ball
Area Card - Made Jirachi appear more often and added chances of bonus stages
Extra Pokémon Get - Increases chances of getting Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Aerodactyl

Tizoc

You can feel Christmas is coming. Shovelware get discounted by the dozens.

lol yeah you'd think Nintendo would put their own titles on sale but nope.

AA Trilogy for me though dunno if I wanna get Rune Factory 4 atm @_@

maxcriden

Well, it's been a while since I played it, but I thought the level design was weak and I just do not like the gimmick of how Ristar controls. And while the style of the graphics don't give me a migraine, I certainly don't like them.

Maybe it's one of those games I'll give a second shot and feel differently about, but I doubt it.

Oh, alright. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom