• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2014

Picking a Wii VC game to alternate playing with Captain Toad. Ristar or DoReMi?
I know I'm really late with this and you've already chosen, but, yeah, I say go with DoReMi. I know you prefer Nintendo's style of platformer games and DoReMi is much closer to that than Ristar. It's a really nice game that I think you'll enjoy playing. Not that Ristar isn't a good game, so don't feel like you wasted your money or anything (I think it's better than Sonic, for example, but you know I'm weird). But for the purposes of fighting migraine, the Genesis's "intense" colors, intentional flickering (like Ristar's water transparencies), and "robot farts" sounds, would be a nightmare.

Hope you're doing better with that migraine, man. And your wife as well, of course.

Bazry

What do you mean by fixed? You mean if they added the gyro assist from the 3DS original? Then no.

When I played the demo there were dead zones on the analogue stick which made aiming a nightmare, I remember people complaining about it after release and hoping Capcom would fix it

TheMoon

When I played the demo there were dead zones on the analogue stick which made aiming a nightmare, I remember people complaining about it after release and hoping Capcom would fix it

I don't remember anything happening there either. I can pop the disc in later and check.

69wpm

Yeah, there was something wonky about the controls. It felt terrible inaccurate to me so I never bought the game.

you guys,

help me decide:

Conception II or SMT IV?
is conception like DQV where you fight alongside your children in a big and fun adventure or is it loli shit?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Conception 2 is a dungeon crawler with multiple floors (I guess think Persona 3 or 4, as I haven't played Dragon Quest V or anything else in the series) where yes, you can make different class partners & make up to 3 different "teams" of them (consisting of 3 kids each), so you'll be testing out each class & figuring out which combinations work better, along with one of 7 different secondary members that team up with you.

Conception 2 is MUUCCHHH easier in comparison to SMT4, and both also tend to be on sale about once a month or so, considering it's Atlus. Personally, as someone who played C2 on Vita & got most of the trophies (screw getting all the events, especially the random ones), it isn't BAD, per say, but near the end, it becomes such a drag when the dungeon levels increase from tolerable stuff like 5 or 10 levels to a whopping 20 or 25. But if you can get it for $20-ish, it's an okay game if you want an easier RPG.

I would say try the demo out first, though the Vita one is MUCH better done since it's the entire prologue while the 3DS version just puts you in the first dungeon and doesn't do as good of a job explaining things.

bobohoro

Rune Factory 4 €29.99 / £24.99

My eshop cards are ready!

After SMTIV and its €19,99 price point I am a bit reluctant. But given that XSeed had a way harder situation in bringing RF4 over, and it still seems to be at around $40 in the US, I am okay with it. Hoping to finally get into this series, tried my hand at RF2 and RF3 and while I liked both, they never fully clicked with me. Was also a bit short on time when playing both, so there's that too.

But I will wait until I finish Persona Q and SMTIV, or else the shiny new game effect will never let me finish those. Will there be an EU-OT for this game again?

you guys,

help me decide:

Conception II or SMT IV?
is conception like DQV where you fight alongside your children in a big and fun adventure or is it loli shit?

Get Persona Q. :D

But if it's only between those two, get SMTIV. I only played the Conception II demo, but from that alone I could tell that there is no comparision to be made between those two games in terms of quality. The only reason I could see for prefering Conception II is the dating stuff, or if you really want a big army of your babies to fight alongside you. But then, your fused demons can be seen as your children too, well...kinda?

daydream

Banned
Nothing for me this week. Have Poke Pinball on cartridge, of course.

Oh, and I'll definitely get Rune Factory IV down the line. So awesome that they got it done.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any news on if N64 titles will ever come to Wii U VC? There's a few games I'd like to grab, but I wasn't sure if I should just wait it out or what.

Is there any news on if N64 titles will ever come to Wii U VC? There's a few games I'd like to grab, but I wasn't sure if I should just wait it out or what.

The Wii VC store is still up. I believe you can grab everything that's already on that store by entering Wii mode.

maxcriden

Since DS games haven't come yet, I would say...don't hold your breath. :)

ETA: as dok said above, you can definitely purcahse the N64 games in the meantime.

m0t0k1

After SMTIV and its €19,99 price point I am a bit reluctant. But given that XSeed had a way harder situation in bringing RF4 over, and it still seems to be at around $40 in the US, I am okay with it. Hoping to finally get into this series, tried my hand at RF2 and RF3 and while I liked both, they never fully clicked with me. Was also a bit short on time when playing both, so there's that too.

But I will wait until I finish Persona Q and SMTIV, or else the shiny new game effect will never let me finish those. Will there be an EU-OT for this game again?

Yeah i would have loved to see it a bit cheaper but this game rarely goes on sale in US so it seems like a good deal. Just got gifted some eshop cards so getting it would be not a problem for me. Although i am doubting to buy SMTIV but no money until after christmas. But rune factory 4 is the biggest reason i bought a 3ds back in 2012 was so disappointed to hear the cancellation. So the price does not matter to me. I don't think we need a EU special OT since the other RF4 OT is pretty small so not much attention. I can ask RuneFactoryFanboy for his code of the orginal OT if you really want one so i can create a euro specified one.

TheMoon

The N64 games on the european Wii VC are all 50 Hz I assume?

Except for Sin & Punishment which only exists in 60Hz because it only came out in Japan and Ogre Battle 64 which is the US version because it didn't come out in PAL regions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, I'll pick up the games I want. I have enough to play on my Wii U right now, but I don't ever want to run the risk of those games NOT being there (like with the DKC games...).

Weng

Except for Sin & Punishment which only exists in 60Hz because it only came out in Japan and Ogre Battle 64 which is the US version because it didn't come out in PAL regions.
Thanks. Sadly I'm only interested in F-Zero X right now.

TheMoon

The SNES trilogy is coming back?

Is that rock you've been living under that cozy?

DKC Trilogy came to Wii U VC in October in Europe, even got relisted on Wii VC there. Then it came to Japan's Wii U VC a few weeks ago. Now everyone's just waiting for NA.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is that rock you've been living under that cozy?

DKC Trilogy came to Wii U VC in October in Europe, even got relisted on Wii VC there. Then it came to Japan's Wii U VC a few weeks ago. Now everyone's just waiting for NA.

Not everyone follows these announcements religiously. I just bought a Wii U this past Thursday. But thanks for the answer.

I see no reason for the tone of your comment - sarcastic or not.

TheMoon

Not everyone follows these announcements religiously. I just bought a Wii U this past Thursday. But thanks for the answer.

I see no reason for the tone of your comment - sarcastic or not.

3e3.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/731/143/3e3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I mean no disrespect...But some folks on GAF have a tendency to reply with shitty comments too often. I lose sight of when people are joking if they aren't putting some sort of "wink" or [SPOILER]just kidding[/SPOILER] sort of thing.

But for reals, thanks. My wife has been wanting to replay the DKC series for a while now. This will be an EASY purchase for me the moment it pops up in the US.

TheMoon

Sorry, I mean no disrespect...But some folks on GAF have a tendency to reply with shitty comments too often. I lose sight of when people are joking if they aren't putting some sort of "wink" or
just kidding
sort of thing.

But for reals, thanks. My wife has been wanting to replay the DKC series for a while now. This will be an EASY purchase for me the moment it pops up in the US.

I beat myself up every time I don't include a winky face or something because it often gets misunderstood. But sometimes I feel so tired of emoticons everywhere. It's like they've become essential to internet discussions and omitting them just causes chaos.

maxcriden

I beat myself up every time I don't include a winky face or something because it often gets misunderstood. But sometimes I feel so tired of emoticons everywhere. It's like they've become essential to internet discussions and omitting them just causes chaos.

....Welcome to my world.

:-|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Portraying tone/emotion on a message board is nigh impossible without them anymore (or so it seems).

Outside of this thread, where is the best place to get information on what's coming and what HAS come?

daydream

Banned

You need to get a cheeky avatar to compensate.

TheMoon

Portraying tone/emotion on a message board is nigh impossible without them anymore (or so it seems).

Outside of this thread, where is the best place to get information on what's coming and what HAS come?

If you need info on the NA eShop, come here every Thursday when the new PR gets released. Nintendo Europe releases it every Monday but NOA waits until the day of the update (Thursday) until they put out theirs. No reason to look elsewhere. Sub to this thread (and its monthly sequels) and you're set.

You need to get a cheeky avatar to compensate.

But my avatar is so cheerful and cheeky already.

Looking at the eShop, I find it funny that last week was the first week for the Wii U since E3 where there were no non-Virtual Console eShop-only games released that week. Including retail games, we haven't had a VC only update on the Wii U since the week of May 8 and the only time 2 or more weeks had VC only updates was in January between January 16 to February 7.

Nintendo are doing a fantastic job at making me not want to get those last few coupons from my DDP. :|

Every week its the same old shit on sale, meanwhile theres heaps of stuff that has never been discounted. :|

TheMoon

Nintendo are doing a fantastic job at making me not want to get those last few coupons from my DDP. :|

Every week its the same old shit on sale, meanwhile theres heaps of stuff that has never been discounted. :|

Blame the publishers of those games, not Nintendo (unless it's their games you're talking about). Nintendo does not decide what goes on sale from other publishers.

GulAtiCa

What does that have to do with Nintendo? Me and other devs putting our games on sale has nothing to do with Nintendo.... getting passed like this makes you seem crazy.

There have been a lot of good games on sale within last month. Have you gotten PING 1.5+ when it was on sale?

sörine

Banned
I wish the 3DS theme shop would stream music samples. I hate having to search youtube to hear what theme I might be interested in sounds like.

also

Banned
Blame the publishers of those games, not Nintendo (unless it's their games you're talking about). Nintendo does not decide what goes on sale from other publishers.

What does that have to do with Nintendo? Me and other devs putting our games on sale has nothing to do with Nintendo.... getting passed like this makes you seem crazy.

There have been a lot of good games on sale within last month. Have you gotten PING 1.5+ when it was on sale?

Actually, Nintendo is also to blame for not stimulating 3rd party publishers to do sales. Take SCEE for example, do you think the publishers called each other and organized the 12 deals of Christmas? Nope, Sony set it up.

An organized sale will have better visibility, and publishers will be much more likely to participate. If, for example, Nintendo contacted indies and said: ''Hey we are doing a Christimas Indies sale form XX to XX. If you want to participate fill out this form for each of your games you want on sale.'' I'm sure we would see more discounted games.

But as it stands, Nintendo doesn't do nearly enough of themed sales, so publishers are left to their own devices and I can see why they are reluctant to lower the price.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
There's a very good sale on Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) atm in Europe. Just bought it.

65% off, was NOK 289,-, now NOK 99,- in my region, no idea what it's in euros or pounds though

TheMoon

I agree with the man. If you don't follow this thread, or something like it, you're not going to intuitively know what's likely to be released in NA (which is based on special knowledge of what's been released in other regions).

I don't think you "got" the post you quoted. Or read the follow-ups.

also

Banned
There's a very good sale on Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) atm in Europe. Just bought it.

65% off, was NOK 289,-, now NOK 99,- in my region, no idea what it's in euros or pounds though

It's €11.99 £9.99 and lasts until 18th December. I wish more people bought this great SRPG; battles require actual strategy (the impact of luck is minimized), varied encounters, interesting story setting with a good cast of characters, good voice acting, addicting demon fusion system, branching story paths, multiple characters to recruit, NG+...
The only serious flaw is the whiny female lead.

Seriously, buy it people! If you liked Fire Emblem, this game will blow your mind with how much better it is. Although I should mention that there's no waifus or husbandos so if you only liked FE due to its romance options, you'll be disappointed.

bobohoro

The only serious flaw is the whiny female lead.

There are several more flaws with the game. I'd say most of the cast is annoying or uninteresting, some are even worse than in the original due to the bad VA. And the game needs a long time to get good and replaying it is a pain because of that and the absence of real skip-options.

But yeah, at it's core it is a pretty great SRPG and a real challenge in its final battles and for that price I'd recommend everyone to give it a try.

BooJoh

I got a friendly PR email about Fairune this morning. So, the game looks neat. It's a Zelda-like?

I played it on iOS a while back. It's sort of a Zelda-like lite. Combat is automatic, you walk over enemies and they die, you lose HP and gain EXP, and your HP refills when you step on a healing circle or level up.

It took me about 3 hours my first playthrough, and if I recall it's a little grindy but not bad. Might be worth a few bucks.

Top Bottom