• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

TheMoon

Is Nintendo not doing a sale on their own games this Holiday season? I don't see any first party discounts in that huge list. Are there more to come or is this seriously it?

This is it. For reference, they just did a first party sale a few weeks ago with rotating daily deals.

They don't throw their own stuff in with third party sales since they want to give them room to breathe.

KingWool

Banned
This is it. For reference, they just did a first party sale a few weeks ago with rotating daily deals.

They don't throw their own stuff in with third party sales since they want to give them room to breathe.

Dang I missed it :(

Oh well...maybe New Years sale :D

also

Banned
I've been looking forward to this ever since I missed the sale last December. 15€ eShop card is bought and ready to go
High five, you're in for a treat.
Really hope more people will give the game a chance, as it's criminally over looked.

sörine

Banned
They added pointer control for NES zapper games, they could map the stick to the touchscreen analog code of SM64DS.
There's a LOT Nintendo could do with Wii U VC that they aren't. Like optional scanline or crt (rather than dark ugly forced) screen filters, HD rendering resolutions or improved performance for polygonal games, multiple save states, handheld cross-buy or discount, DS button config, Super FX games, SNES Mouse/Scope games, touchscreen Zapper controls for off-tv, online multiplayer, getting on SE's case about releasing their games overseas, ditto with Konami for PCE/MSX, english Mother 3...

Well actually, I feel like we might get that last one. :)

Simbabbad

100% guaranteed nothing has been changed. No reason for false hope.
Even so, sometimes, expecting things is the better option. It brought the Super Mario Maker updates. Not expecting is accepting.

I know I won't buy it without analog controls, and would buy it day one with them.

sörine;190074278 said:
There's a LOT Nintendo could do with Wii U VC that they aren't. [long list]
Honestly, I don't care about most of those, the games run fine to me without them, whereas no analog control in SM64 makes it pointless.

sörine

Banned
Looks great GulAtiCa! I really enjoyed ZaciSa so I'll definitely give this a whirl.

Honestly, I don't care about most of those, the games run fine to me without them, whereas no analog control in SM64 makes it pointless.
I'm generally fine with everything but the blur/dark filter. As is I tend to just buy (or rebuy) games on Wii U VC and then play them on my hacked n3DS XL or Shield Portable. It's a shame.

jholmes

Is Legend of Kay Wii U any good? A fiver for a cartoony platformer has piqued my interest.

If you're nostalgic for a sort of run-of-the-mill early 2000s platformer, absolutely. It has some terrible voice acting and some dated platforming. If you really want to relive the era, go grab it. It's like a fun little time capsule.

gerudoman

My father asked me to get him a Picross game, which one should I get? He has recently started playing Picross with the Pokémon one, so for now he's only used to the 10x10 ones. Oh, and he doesn't like (at least for now) the Mega ones, so the one with the less amount of them should be fine.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The Picross e games should be good (Mega puzzles were introduced in the 3rd game, and in e6, you can choose if you want normal or Mega version of puzzles), or if you can find it, Picross DS.

Edit: Project X Zone 2 demo hitting the US eShop on Jan. 21st.

gerudoman

The Picross e games should be good (Mega puzzles were introduced in the 3rd game, and in e6, you can choose if you want normal or Mega version of puzzles), or if you can find it, Picross DS.

Edit: Project X Zone 2 demo hitting the US eShop on Jan. 21st.

Will get him e6 then. Cheers!

Ladekabel

Just checked y Youtube subscriptions and saw a Wii U gamepad with Final Fantasy VI on it. Got excited for a moment, then I saw the japanese text and my hopes and dreams were shattered.

At least we got Super Mario RPG. Will put it on the wishlist for when I have money.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOLY CRAP. So not only is the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMA4) hitting the JPN Wii U next week, IT WILL CONTAIN THE E-READER LEVELS.

Man, I remember the hassle of using the GBA Player and connecting my GBA to it in order to access a few of those levels. Seriously hope this happens if we get it in the US.

also

Banned
There's a new update for Triforce Heroes.
Here are the details; https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkuCmCdKg
Basically, you earn hero points when completing levels other players chose, both online and in local multi. It's designed to lower the frustration when the roulette repeatedly doesn't pick your choice.
Collecting lots of points will give you the materials you need to complete your outfit collection but I'm unsure exactly how you'll receive those materials. The points also power up your starting outfit (Bear Minimum Digs).

maxcriden

HOLY CRAP. So not only is the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMA4) hitting the JPN Wii U next week, IT WILL CONTAIN THE E-READER LEVELS.

Man, I remember the hassle of using the GBA Player and connecting my GBA to it in order to access a few of those levels. Seriously hope this happens if we get it in the US.

I hope so, too. It would be really odd if they went to the trouble of including them in JP but not here. We'll see though. It would be strange if I had my e-Reader and ended up never once using it. I bought it and a few SMA4 cards 1-2 years ago but never got around to using it.

Can't wait until it comes to Euorpe with nothing (as we had no e-card reader) and a bunch of Americans complaining that they don't have it on VC.

And people tell me amiibo locked extras are bad...

maxcriden

Can't wait until it comes to Euorpe with nothing (as we had no e-card reader) and a bunch of Americans complaining that they don't have it on VC.

And people tell me amiibo locked extras are bad...

On the bright side, e-Reader is region free, right? So you can get the reader and perhaps there is a way to get the cards. But I do think it will come to EU/NA with all the levels.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
There's a new update for Triforce Heroes.
Here are the details; https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkuCmCdKg
Basically, you earn hero points when completing levels other players chose, both online and in local multi. It's designed to lower the frustration when the roulette repeatedly doesn't pick your choice.
Collecting lots of points will give you the materials you need to complete your outfit collection but I'm unsure exactly how you'll receive those materials. The points also power up your starting outfit (Bear Minimum Digs).

Hm interesting. Cool to see I guess.

daydream

Banned
(probably the) final game haul of this year

got steamworld heist, sumico, shantae and the pirate's curse, lords of magna: maiden heaven, rabi laby 3 and
balloon kid

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think I asked before, but as someone who found Shantae & the Pirate's Curse a BIIIG improvement over the GBC original, is Risky's Revenge worth getting? I see it on sale on PSN for $4, kind of tempted by it. I don't think it's too different from the DSiWare version (the "Director's Cut" only has a post-game costume where you regenerate magic but take more damage), but I know that version will never get discounted.

PtM

Banned
I think I asked before, but as someone who found Shantae & the Pirate's Curse a BIIIG improvement over the GBC original, is Risky's Revenge worth getting? I see it on sale on PSN for $4, kind of tempted by it. I don't think it's too different from the DSiWare version (the "Director's Cut" only has a post-game costume where you regenerate magic but take more damage), but I know that version will never get discounted.
The DC has been teased for 3DS, jftr.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I've only finished Risky's Revenge (playing through Pirate's Curse), and ironically I found Risky's Revenge as much faster paced than Pirate's thus far. Then again, I'm stuck on a part in Pirate's Curse at the moment, but apart from the intro stage, I've felt Pirate's Curse a bit underwhelming I guess? Not sure what it is, since it controls fine and what not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Pirate's Curse had a few "where the hell do I go next" moments, but was nowhere near as bad as the GBC original where I finished the intro stage & had no idea where to go next because it was just a giant stage with no indication if I was on the right path.

Rizzi

Devil Survivor Overclocked 1 doesn't seem to be on the Australian eShop. The second game is, but not the first. That kind of sucks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wasn't Noitu Love confirmed for the Wii like a looonngggg time ago? Either way, nice to see it finally hit consoles, I'll have to try it out.

Will be interesting to see what NoA gives us on Xmas Eve, considering EU gets SMRPG. Last year, we got Duck Hunt on Xmas.

Ondore

So did Europe, but North America got 3 Mario games that week. I dare say SMRPG + Mario Galaxy (ESRB rated recently for Wii U) + anything could be feasible.

jholmes

I forgot I had this code kicking around, so I figured I might as well share it here. It's for the 3DS version but assuming it all still works you should be able to cash it in there and play it on Wii U if you prefer. Or both!

Merry Christmas to the winner!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148469.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jholmes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
OlliOlli (3DS) -- MB-26DC0F305E68112B - Taken by n64coder. 3 entrants total.

t1450933335z1.png

donny2112

Yeah, Modbot giveaway in non-Steam thread!

Hoping for some good Christmas sales on Thursday. Maybe some VC themed sales?
(-_-)

Orgen

Bought Lone Survivor and Thomas Was Alone. My backlog is becoming huuuuuuuuuuuuuge! (currently trying to 100% Yoshi WW... man those S stages!)

Any possibility for Nintendo to surprise us tomorrow with some 1st party Christmas deals? (even if there's nothing in the PR)

Top Bottom