• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone pick up Soldam from the JP eShop? Seems pretty cool, and the music's great. Might be a pretty nifty hidden gem.

I love that the system is getting shit like this.
It's based on an old arcade game. There's a version for gameboy, too. Maybe try one of those first?

The rules are a little... quirky.

Crayon

I was playing in bed last night, got cold, and decided to play under my blankets for a while, but after a while I realized the blankets were blocking the heat fan and the Switch was getting really hot. So be careful if you ever play in bed!

I thought the fan doesn't run when it's handheld?

//DEVIL//

Having time of my life with zelda, but gotta poop. Undock switch and take it with me to toilet.

This is the greatest console of all time

I know what you mean. Its really silly thing but the idea is really amazing. imagine playing call of duty while pooping lol

DjRalford

Hmmmm

Fairly sure when I started playing on the TV docked today the switch had 72% battery, after 2.5hrs playing it's now on 68%.

Could it be because I was playing Zelda, charging the switch and had 2 joycon a attached to the console charging too?

Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

Odd, just turned it on at work and it's on 99%

Dont wanna start a new thread but i am amazed by sleep mode.

Close any suspended software and put on airplane mode and the thing uses close to zero power

I think someone posted that it consumes roughly 2% power over 24 hours in sleep mode. Much, much better than the 3DS. Although I suspect that's largely because it's not doing any local network communication at all times like Street Pass. Still solid though.

Yeah, mine has been on sleep mode for the past 2 days or so and when I checked this morning battery was at 78%. I played some Blaster Master Zero there and there.

Ok dudes, so this is my freaking lunch break machine of forever. I have always just held it in handheld but I decided to play zelda in table top today and its actually increadible holding the joycons split off but the kickstand is bad. Zero angle adjustment. Not bad like Cnet complains about.

My question is, is the Hori stand the only way to go for a stand with angle adjustment? Any other suggestions?

Seik

Banned
Sold mine after seeing a scratch on the bottom left side of the bezel, I did put it for offers and a guy offered me 80$ more than what I paid for...it caught me by surprise and I accepted.

I'll buy another one ASAP when I'll have my tempered glass ready in three weeks, I'm aware that I might have to wait a bit longer than that but I'll manage...I have Zelda on Wii U too so I'll play on this instead in the meantime. When I'll have another one it'll be instantly protected and maybe I'll have an updated version of the dock.

Losing my Zelda save rips my heart though. :(

Switch headphone volume- why isn't this being discussed?

It sounds paltry even compared to the DS4 headphone jack.
I've tried several different headphones and they all sound "quiet"

This is the right answer..

They're complying with international laws. Nobody is discussing it because it's sadly the same for all devices nowadays.

I tested the headphone jack with several headphones of various quality and noise cancelling ability. If the max volume is not loud enough you are probably listening to other devices too loudly (unless it is defective, of course).

Tinnitus is a real thing, friends, take care of your ears. And this is coming from a dude who listens to an unreasonable amount of noise rock loudly.

Ok dudes, so this is my freaking lunch break machine of forever. I have always just held it in handheld but I decided to play zelda in table top today and its actually increadible holding the joycons split off but the kickstand is bad. Zero angle adjustment. Not bad like Cnet complains about.

My question is, is the Hori stand the only way to go for a stand with angle adjustment? Any other suggestions?

one possibility?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5LVFDB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2spc.jpg

and you can adjust that to an angle you like

Just want to say that my switch was having the desync issue, i followed the steps of disconnecting the controllers, turning it off, then attaching them again. no issues since .

Tanwo

Hi, I’m having some problems getting my Switch to connect through Wifi. I’ve been trying with my router (using WPA2-PSK) and access point (using WPA-PSK).

If the device doesn’t broadcast the SSID the Switch receives no signal, even if I manually add it. The moment I turn broadcasting on again it works perfectly.

When I am able to connect to the router, it works fine. But when connecting through the access point, it throws an error (2110-3127), DNS related. I have tried with Google’s DNS but it still doesn’t connect.

Has someone been able to connect with no broadcasting?
Any idea about the DNS error?

Thanks!

Kureransu

one possibility?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5LVFDB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and you can adjust that to an angle you like

I got this at toys r us today:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9RTMWS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

61Ly9jIq-cL._SX425_.jpg
it has rubber feet on the base and on the stand so the switch won't scatch on it or move much. Three viewing angles, and you can charge it. $12.99

Feeroper

Having time of my life with zelda, but gotta poop. Undock switch and take it with me to toilet.

This is the greatest console of all time

Lol! I had a eureka moment with this too - I paused the game to do my business then as I was getting up I realized, wait a minute, I can just bring it with me! So awesome.

JakeD

is there anyway to get screenshots off the machine without social media? i dont have an SD card yet so theyre just on system memory.

i have accounts linked so its not a big deal but i'd like a way to access them without having to delete posts afterwards.

Feeroper

So when the console is left docked, is it better to turn it right off or is sleep mode okay all the time? I see that when it is turned off and you place it in the dock the system still turns on into sleep mode and it always seems to default to sleep mode with only 1 way to actually power it right down so I assumed powering fully down is primarily for handheld mode to conserve battery - am I correct with this or should I be powering it down fully when docked for the night?

Well, I didn't want it to happen this way, but I ended up getting rid of my Switch.

I was going to return it to Amazon, but my friend found out and wanted to buy it, flaws and all. Thankfully, he was able to mod the dock for the scratching issue, and doesn't have a KS8000 like I do, so isn't having the crazy input issues. Also, despite having a fishtank, he's not having joycon issues like I was. So I sold it to him for the retail price I payed for it, so at least it got a good home. Bomberman is going right back though, I haven't been this unhappy with a game in a long time.

I hope they release a revised version with those issues fixed, I really enjoyed my Switch when it worked. Now I have to avoid Zelda spoilers until I can buy a Switch that works for me.

sadromeo

What would be a good Anker powerpack that people here have used that can also fit in the Sheikah Slate case?

I don't know about any Ankers that fit but I can definitely say that the Ravpower 20100 fits in the case with the switch, usb-c to usb-c cables and ear buds just fine.

I've already gotten compliments about the case too.

Kyzon

Sorry to hear about the stick, but... I really wonder when they'll activate the LED underneath the home button. I know that it's a very small thing, but it's something that really has me curious.

Hmmm I didn't know they had LED underneath it.

I wanna get my controller repaired, but I don't wanna have to send my entire unit back like Nintendo usually has you do. I just want them to send me a Joycon, and I return the damaged one in the box :(

Mifec

tfw you win a switch on Trihex stream but for some reason you also have be there to claim it after all the stupid entries you have to do and it's 5am and you miss it

uEERW.png

Playing Shovel Knight outside on the balcony while the sun sets. Pretty cool. Got the system in tabletop mode and pro controller. I want everything on it haha

NimbusD

I just realized I can plug in a pair of headphones to my monitor. It is a 2k monitor and its really nice. Its from Asus.

https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/PB258Q/specifications/

This is great because now i can use headphones with this thing. Should the Switch have any trouble with outputting video to this thing? This would be huge for me if true.

... You can also plug your headphones just into the switch! But either way works. Should have a problem but hdmi-cec might not work.

Sh0k

Isn't the profile in the Switch supposed to be showing the amount of hours played in a game after one week? I checked this morning and it says the last time I played BOTW but it doesn't show the amount of hours.

me0wish

The left joycon issue is becoming unbearable, I am so disappointed as I love the joycons.

Is there any way to fix them that proved to be reliable? Some guy on gaf said that the antenna fix didn't work for him, so I'm desperately looking for a solution.

Aiii

So not worth it
I accidentally (sort of, just went to check out Ganon and rather quickly defeated him) finished the main quest of Zelda yesterday and I decided that before I am going tol go and explore and do sidequest I would devote some time to the other games I got.

I have to say, the Switch has some pretty damn fun games already. Spectre of Torment is just as good as Shovel Knight, I might actually enjoy it more, but it is too early to tell. Blaster Master Zero is tons of fun, too, and I haven't even played the original on NES.

Disgaea 5 is just great, I skipped it on PS4 when I found out it was gonna be a Switch game, it is perfect for handheld sessions, picking it up and playing a single stage is great. I definitely recommend this for anyone to enjoy.

Bomberman R is just Bomberman, notng special and it leaves me a bit dissapointed. It is still fun, but mostly in multiplayer.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is my favorite off of the bunch, fun in single and multiplayer, and surprisingly hard. Tons of modes in this one, it is pretty much the opposite of Bomberman in that there is a lot to do, if you want a fun multiplayer for friends, this is definitely worth it over that game.

Snipperclips is great for couch co-op and especially with kids, had great fun with my 8-year-old nephew, he loved it... so did I. It is also a great game that shows off the power of the Switch for families. Sit at the grandparents dinner table, prop the tablet up on its stand, hand off a joycon and play a game. It is the first time I didn't see the Switch as just an amazing handheld with TV-Out.

All in all, all the games are a ton of fun, these will last nicely along Zelda until Mario Kart 8 comes out and I can sink all my time into that.

Beginning to really love the Switch, I hope others have the same experience and it continues to sell well, give it all the games, devs... I beg you.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Thinking about getting a switch. Do you have to dock it to charge?

Anaithsol

Neo Member
Thinking about getting a switch. Do you have to dock it to charge?

Nope, you can connect the supplied adapter directly to the Switch to charge it in handheld mode. If you purchase a stand or get a bit crafty in your setup, you can also charge it in tabletop mode as well.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Question. I've got a 20 dollar eshop card and I'm looking to pick up two games. Out of the Neo Geo games, Shovel Knight, and Blaster Master Zero which two should I pick?

So...theres no limit on pictures right? Because I've now taken over 700 in BOTW lol. Its so easy I love it. Hope video recording is soon and it has direct upload to YouTube!

Othersider

Neo Member
Question. I've got a 20 dollar eshop card and I'm looking to pick up two games. Out of the Neo Geo games, Shovel Knight, and Blaster Master Zero which two should I pick?

I definitely recommend Shovel Knight. There's a lot of game included in the bundle and you'll get the future add on for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom