• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Topher

Gold Member
6VrvIkV.png

mlHGJ6C.png

Concord’s beta hasn’t been a huge success for Firewalk Studios. It fell flat on its face on Steam, the number-one storefront and launcher platform on PC, drawing in just a few thousand players. Now that the dust has settled following the end of the beta phase, we can confirm that nobody wants to wishlist the game, indicating that the beta didn’t hit the spot with gamers anywhere.

At the time of writing, Concord sits at #793 on the Steam Wishlist Leaderboard – and it’s being released in just under one month.

DOA?
Concord is a free-to-play shooter from Firewalk Studios that’s being released on PlayStation and PC next month. That’s the first indicator as to why so many people haven’t wishlisted the game – it’s free and there are no bonuses added for doing so. Presently, just 4,129 people have wishlisted the game on Steam, which is a paltry figure (thanks to TheGamer for noticing this miserable performance).

To put that into perspective, here are the wishlist numbers for some other upcoming titles:

• STALKER 2: 217,854 (#4)
  • Arena Breakout: Infinite: 119,076 (#13)
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2: 61,630 (#24)
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard: 42,524 (#55)
  • State of Decay 3: 14,441 (#153)

Matthew Broderick GIF

PeteBull

Gold Member
Wukong is most wishlisted, guess what happened recently
and

anthony2690

"DOA?
Concord is a free-to-play shooter from Firewalk Studios that’s being released on PlayStation and PC next month. That’s the first indicator as to why so many people haven’t wishlisted the game – it’s free and there are no bonuses added for doing so. Presently, just 4,129 people have wishlisted the game on Steam, which is a paltry figure"

This clearly states that 4 thousand people have wish listed the game, it also states the game is free to play, what is false.

Or am I missing something?

Sucks for the those people that may actually be looking forward too it though, but I feel like this game has more threads than steam players at this rate 🥲

yazenov

Let's open an anti-DEI "consultant" company so that those woke fools can sell their games to the majority of their audiences, and not cater to the minority on Twitter/X or REEEEE. You know, feed their families instead of virtue signally and going broke.

Last edited:

geary

"DOA?
Concord is a free-to-play shooter from Firewalk Studios that’s being released on PlayStation and PC next month. That’s the first indicator as to why so many people haven’t wishlisted the game – it’s free and there are no bonuses added for doing so. Presently, just 4,129 people have wishlisted the game on Steam, which is a paltry figure"

This clearly states that 4 thousand people have wish listed the game, it also states the game is free to play, what is false.

Sucks for the those people that may actually be looking forward too it though, but I feel like this game has more threads than steam players at this rate 🥲
Free to play?

Topher

Gold Member
"DOA?

Free to play?

Yeah, that's a mistake. It has pointed out in responses on twitter.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
My question is:

If Sony DOES make it FTP, is the game set up with MTX in order to make $$$$? I mean, Sony wants money, so unless there is already a built in system of purchasing cosmetics and other stuff, I don't see how they could do it.

Is the reason this game isn't doing so well because of character designs? Or does it have to do more with a lack of marketing plus not so great game modes/mechanics?

I cba to try it because I'm already playing ow2/apex/xdefiant alongside Shadow of the Erdtree

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
Most people who want the game will be playing on Playstation 5.
The game is #40 on the top pre-orders on PS5 in my country.

Games like The Sims™ 4 Lovestruck Expansion Pack, the next Life Is Strange, 3 Dragon Ball editions, the 120€ Star Wars Outlaws are all ahead. Even the more expensive to buy (and much less expensive to develop) Astrobot that releases one month later is at #11 and #16.

Concord is an absolute failure in every metric so far and that won't change with its release.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Is the reason this game isn't doing so well because of character designs? Or does it have to do more with a lack of marketing plus not so great game modes/mechanics?

I cba to try it because I'm already playing ow2/apex/xdefiant alongside Shadow of the Erdtree

Marketing hasn't been great, and it needed to be based on the highly competitive genre/market segment its entering.

The reality is that a game like this needs grass-roots championing to get some buzz, and although public response to the beta hasn't been terrible, its not been good either.

As to the culture war crap, its not helping, but being honest I don't think the anti-woke activists are having the sort of impact that they think they're having also. Well, beyond the drama-farming for clicks at least - but that's all coming from the same audience they are captured by anyway so its not really changing anything.

I'm just so jaded and straight-up bored by fucktarded "activists" telling me what games I should and shouldn't play for cultural/political reasons that I'm tuning them out hard these days. So maybe I'm not the best person to judge though.

Chukhopops

No big surprise here. The only real question is whether the game will be delayed.

If it’s not delayed, most likely it will flop and show the strategy is to launch several games and see whatever sticks with the audience.

If it’s delayed it shows they care a little bit about each of their studios’ output. But I’m not sure they would be willing to make the changes that would work.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
No big surprise here. The only real question is whether the game will be delayed.

If it’s not delayed, most likely it will flop and show the strategy is to launch several games and see whatever sticks with the audience.

If it’s delayed it shows they care a little bit about each of their studios’ output. But I’m not sure they would be willing to make the changes that would work.

This game needs a whole new direction and that's not going to happen because the narcissistic minds behind it prefer to sink the ship with everyone on board.

Sony won't learn either, since the one to blame is right at the top of PS Studios. Fairgames will also flop and only when the Japanese dude realizes there's a black hole in the revenue Excel sheet, he will start asking questions. It will take a few years and hundreds of millions loss before something is done.

Top Bottom