• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Robb

Gold Member
Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam
Mike Yard K GIF by The Nightly Show

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The game is #40 on the top pre-orders on PS5 in my country.

Games like The Sims™ 4 Lovestruck Expansion Pack, the next Life Is Strange, 3 Dragon Ball editions, the 120€ Star Wars Outlaws are all ahead. Even the more expensive to buy (and much less expensive to develop) Astrobot that releases one month later is at #11 and #16.

Concord is an absolute failure in every metric so far and that won't change with its release.

What are the raw numbers?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Based on the thread from Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes 93% of us agree. Some people seem to be taking glee in the game's failure though, maybe Microsoft shills.
Likely a lot of shills wanting it to fail but there were just as many blue shills (especially early on) constantly replying in threads how this game would do well and just wait for the open beta

Most people want it to die because its 5+ years late to a party that no one wanted in 2024.

The game has no depth, TTK takes 239 bullets to kill someone and the maps are not good

Then for the icing on the cake you have the professor and the games pretty obvious agenda

We Did It Reaction GIF by CBS

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This game is like a masterpiece of failure. It’s like they went out of their way to make every stupid choice they could think of:

- late entry in a crowded genre

- FUGLY boner-killing character designs in a freaking hero shooter

- charging $40 when the superior, established games in the genre are F2P

- “Guardians of the Galaxy at home” design and cringe quippy Marvel dialog at a time when people are getting sick to death of this overused shit

- gender pronouns on the damn character select screen, just in case you needed another reminder that this is generic “modern audiences” entertainment slop from some soulless DEI-infested company

- Sony liking this game so much they bought the damn studio and let them spend 3 more years (6 total) in development, teased us a year ago, just to reveal the most unwanted game imaginable

hlm666

Is the reason this game isn't doing so well because of character designs? Or does it have to do more with a lack of marketing plus not so great game modes/mechanics?

I cba to try it because I'm already playing ow2/apex/xdefiant alongside Shadow of the Erdtree
Think part of it is what you hit on, people on pc already playing overwatch 2 and valorant are not going to migrate. It needed to do something new, your not taking established games players by making the same game they already know and play.

FewRope

This game is like a masterpiece of failure. It’s like they went out of their way to make every stupid choice they could think of:

- late entry in a crowded genre

- FUGLY boner-killing character designs in a freaking hero shooter

- charging $40 when the superior, established games in the genre are F2P

- “Guardians of the Galaxy at home” design and cringe quippy Marvel dialog at a time when people are getting sick to death of this overused shit

- gender pronouns on the damn character select screen, just in case you needed another reminder that this is generic “modern audiences” entertainment slop from some soulless DEI-infested company

- Sony liking this game so much they bought the damn studio and let them spend 3 more years (6 total) in development, teased us a year ago, just to reveal the most unwanted game imaginable
The motherfuckers in charge of convincing the higher ups of buying the studio are insanely good at the job, they could sell literal shit to Sony and they would bite like in this case

They probably thought this was going to be big with TikTok Gen Z, what a disaster lmao

Last edited:

Rudius

Wukong is most wishlisted, guess what happened recently
and
I'm pre ordering Wukong. That game is exactly what I want and what I expected (hoped) for games to be in the future, before the current year distopia we live in.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If the game was exciting people it wouldn't be at #40. What part aren't you getting?

All numbers so far show there's no enthusiasm for this game.

#40 is meaningless without number. This game entered in the top 25 preorders on Playstation few days ago.

Killjoy-NL

but there were just as many blue shills (especially early on) constantly replying in threads how this game would do well and just wait for the open beta
I'd love for you to post quotes of all the "blue shills" that actually said that, because I've seen literally nobody say anything like that.

At most, it was said that some were waiting for the beta to try it out themselves first.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Don't forget anti mid hero shooter shills.

Maybe it will be like No Man's Sky and be great in 5 years.
Those would be the anti GAAS shills.

Tons of mid games release every month. They don't conjure nearly the same angry mob as Concord. It's a burning effegy for a certain personality type.

mitch1971

Gold Member
There seems to be a non binairy running the show demanding to be called 'the professor' , who hates guns and wants co-workers that arnt vaxxed to be fired from the studio.

Sounds like a really healthy studio with a really nice vibe going on!
Seriously?!! Fuckin 'ell.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Persecution complex.

It’s not good enough. You know it isn't good and you just can't accept that you're wrong and the majority are right.
I blocked him after he said that Team Fortress 2 had awful character designs and succeeded in spite of it, therefore Concord’s problem can’t be the character designs.

I seriously can’t tell if he’s actually that stupid, or just trolling and basking in the attention. Either way it’s not worth another minute of my time arguing with someone like that. I can only imagine what mental gymnastics he’s up to now.

I blocked him after he said that Team Fortress 2 had awful character designs and succeeded in spite of it, therefore Concord’s problem can’t be the character designs.

I seriously can’t tell if he’s actually that stupid, or just trolling and basking in the attention. Either way it’s not worth another minute of my time arguing with someone like that. I can only imagine what mental gymnastics he’s up to now.
I can't resist a good train wreck.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Cuz is a sony game my dude.

"be first, better or must"
Persecution complex.

Its not good enough. You know it isn't good and you just can't accept that you're wrong and the majority are right.
The reception to Returnal and Deathloops poor sales say otherwise. There is something more sinister going on. Who are you trying to protect?

NeoGAF has no interest in GAAS (oh but they do) so why does this game get 5 threads a day? We all know why. Everybody here knows why. Few are brave enough to admit it.

The reception to Returnal and Deathloops poor sales say otherwise. There is something more sinister going on. Who are you trying to protect?

NeoGAF has no interest in GAAS (oh but they do) so why does this game get 5 threads a day? We all know why. Everybody here knows why. Few are brave enough to admit it.
The sinister anti gaas bogeymen have been exposed.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member

Returnal is a niche title. Concord, like every other GaaS, is meant for a huge audience.

Top Bottom