• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I'm sure the new character will turn things around for this game.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1106976789714194530/1270788790591557774/image.png?ex=66b4f9c9&is=66b3a849&hm=966072c8f2dfdc71dedc68215f53031a9f1e0a0a19c11839bd6f4eed595276d6&
Good lord. This game needs to die a horrible public execution.

BbMajor7th

That's definitely me. In the past, Top Gun wouldn't even appeal to me, and it's not exactly a brilliant film or in line at all with my favorite works genres / directors. But I enjoyed Maverick just due to the total desert of content around us... I realized "wow, this is an actual movie. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie that wanted to be nothing more, and that didn't inject anything else into it, and that cared about just making a basic movie well."
I had a similar experience watching Real Steel a few months back. Aside from the fact that the CGI still looks fantastic, it's the most solidly average, basic and functional film you could imagine. It does nothing remarkable at any point in its two-hour run time and yet the fact that it was just a movie made it feel revelatory. No franchise padding, or controversial castings; no fourth-wall breaking call-backs or eye-rolling social commentary; no quippy Whedon-esque dialogue or obnoxious mary-sue characters; no absurd cameos for aging movie stars or historical revisionism... it was just a movie.

Top Bottom