• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Chukhopops

This game needs a whole new direction and that's not going to happen because the narcissistic minds behind it prefer to sink the ship with everyone on board.

Sony won't learn either, since the one to blame is right at the top of PS Studios. Fairgames will also flop and only when the Japanese dude realizes there's a black hole in the revenue Excel sheet, he will start asking questions. It will take a few years and hundreds of millions loss before something is done.
I don’t think they will delay it since delaying did nothing for Suicide Squad and they won’t risk the PR hit of going back on the whole « modern » character designs.

But it’s a possibility.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Free to play?
giphy.webp

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
I don’t think they will delay it since delaying did nothing for Suicide Squad and they won’t risk the PR hit of going back on the whole « modern » character designs.

But it’s a possibility.

Delaying is pointless. The only way to salvage this is by adding so much cool new stuff that makes it a completely different game. However, that's a huge gamble and takes 2-3 years so it's not realistic at all.

To let it go seems the safest route.

tmlDan

I don't see how this is clickbait. Article title is accurate. I posted the images showing how many wishlisted the game.
Not you, Insider Gaming, why is this an insider type of story? they used to post stories on leaks not this useless garbage. This is IGN levels of reporting.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I blocked him after he said that Team Fortress 2 had awful character designs and succeeded in spite of it, therefore Concord’s problem can’t be the character designs.

I seriously can’t tell if he’s actually that stupid, or just trolling and basking in the attention. Either way it’s not worth another minute of my time arguing with someone like that. I can only imagine what mental gymnastics he’s up to now.
You seem to be blocking people left and right.
Exactly how I picture the Professor at work.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Returnal is a niche title. Concord, like every other GaaS, is meant for a huge audience.
Nope. Returnal and Deathloop were SP games so the SP gamer didn't feel the need to beat dead horses there.

The darkness of man has emerged with Concrd. The pummeling must continue to satiate his desire for things to be as they once were. Only it won't work because progress can't be stopped.
Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes

What’s the best thing about being a free gunner?
When I'm a free-gunner, I have a chance to be someone.

I blocked him after he said that Team Fortress 2 had awful character designs and succeeded in spite of it, therefore Concord’s problem can’t be the character designs.

I seriously can’t tell if he’s actually that stupid, or just trolling and basking in the attention. Either way it’s not worth another minute of my time arguing with someone like that. I can only imagine what mental gymnastics he’s up to now.
More likely the former. Remember, he spent ludicrous amounts of time and effort not just running defense for Concord, but also making OPs to promote it in the best light possible. In his perspective, he has already put too much investment into the game that admitting failure will make him look silly (I mean, he was already looking silly from the very beginning). The sunken cost fallacy doesn't just apply to money spent...

SpokkX

Good. This game needs to fail so badly that Sony stops making PvP games.

At least Concord will serve a purpose then

Topher

Gold Member
Not you, Insider Gaming, why is this an insider type of story? they used to post stories on leaks not this useless garbage. This is IGN levels of reporting.

They report general gaming news as well. This story actually originated at thegamer.com and insider posted this crediting that site.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just realizing that the words "shill" and "fanboy" now mean the exact same thing in the video gaming world.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero
It seems the use of the words is nearly always related to some some personal inferiority complex, too. It can't be because the game just isn't great. It has to be because of the shills from the other side. Strawman stock has never been higher.

Is the reason this game isn't doing so well because of character designs? Or does it have to do more with a lack of marketing plus not so great game modes/mechanics?

I cba to try it because I'm already playing ow2/apex/xdefiant alongside Shadow of the Erdtree
For me personally is because of DEI and pronouns. I am already being pushed at work to attend DEI seminars and have pronouns in my profile. I don't want something like this also where I spend my money. If Sony is happy to push for this, I am happy for them too. They can have all their DEI and pronouns champions to buy and save the game. There are plenty that can save the game and Sony investment.

I've seen several threads on this subject, and while I think it's funny, does the game deserve this many threads?

The answer is "no."

EDIT: Looking at the first page, there are four total threads about this game. That's four too many.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I know I've said it before, but whatever the other "issues" are that some people have with the game are the least of its worries. While the game "feels" solid, the gameplay, its art, design, characters, and more are just so lackluster. It's a shame to see how much they've put into this only to see it not getting that much attention.

If it's booming on PS5, hey, good for them! But I really don't see it. I think a lot of people were disappointed when they found out Concord was just another hero shooter. One that just feels pretty forced and lifeless as well. Add in the other stuff that various people aren't happy about, and it's not going to look good.

Still interested in seeing how this pans out. I can't believe it comes out so soon, and for $40...

mdkirby

I understand the gameplay is pretty good, but it’s a hero shooter, if the hero’s are lame and uninteresting and not appealing to players, why play this vs another hero shooter?

Redesign all the characters with a good character designer. The modelling and animation is great. Redo all the voices and writing.

That might give it a chance but it’s a hell of a lot of work for what will quite possibly still fail. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: turning it into a tax write off might not be a bad idea. Kill it, never release it, mark it as a loss to offset a couple hundred million tax. Keep the studio, sack those who need to be, and make something new that people actually want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom