• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

Those numbers seem more positive for Wii U.If we are to believe them,but i dont think nintendo would over state % numbers.Guess i could be wrong.Wonder what the numbers for Splatoon is now

noobie

Banned
Yeah we and Cream(?) wont know digital, I added that there. I may be wrong with my assumptions as I see:

Bundle as PS4 + game <400k
Nonbundle = game in all platforms 540k where PS4 is 40%
-> <400k + 40% of 540k = 216k copies

Total PS4 game = <400k + 216k = <616k copies sold to PS4

^^
Funny how differently one can see numbers (Iam prolly wrong) :)

If we go by your logic that only Destiny + PS4 sold ~400k then total sales for PS4 in the month will be > 400k where PS4 sales are only 300 - 340k for the whole month. :)

whome0

2k16 > 1.1M
PS4: 52%, X1: 39%

live16 ~ 8.3K
Do EAAccess subscription actually alienate other sports serie publishers in XOne platform? Why buy 2k* if have already paid for similar EASports catalog. Why buy this year instead play what you have and download "new" one next summer.

Tak3n

Banned
Do EAAccess subscription actually alienate other sports serie publishers in XOne platform? Why buy 2k* if have already paid for similar EASports catalog. Why buy this year instead play what you have and download "new" one next summer.

it is what i do, played 10 hours of Fifa 16, and that will do until it comes in the vault, as it allready has Fifa 15 in there, same with US sports

Smash released for 3DS last September, did it not? Remarkable that 3DS this September had a better month than that of last year, given the wide difference in software launches. Perhaps it's an uptick in 2DS sales since it was reduced to $99, combined with people replacing their old 3DS with a New 3DS XL?

Alo0oy

Banned
So < 1.2 million according to data. Wonder what the people gloating about it doing 5 million easy are feeling, ha ha.

Uhh, it will still easily sell 5+ million, are we still using the same debunked US = world argument again? Uncharted 3 had a similar debut & sold ~10 million, MGS4 had a similar debut and sold 6 million.

Unless you meant 5 million in the US, & in that case nobody made that prediction at all.

Uhh, it will still easily sell 5+ million, are we still using the same debunked US = world argument again? Uncharted 3 had a similar debut & sold ~10 million, MGS4 had a similar debut and sold 6 million.

Unless you meant 5 million in the US, & in that case nobody made that prediction at all.

If it sold worse than 4 in the US/Japan launch windows (and maybe even the UK as well), it would have to sell that much better everywhere else to make up the difference.

jkh33

Smash released for 3DS last September, did it not? Remarkable that 3DS this September had a better month than that of last year, given the wide difference in software launches. Perhaps it's an uptick in 2DS sales since it was reduced to $99, combined with people replacing their old 3DS with a New 3DS XL?

Smash 3DS came out in early October last year in the US. It came out in Japan last September though.

Alo0oy

Banned
If it sold worse than 4 in the US/Japan launch windows (and maybe even the UK as well), it would have to sell that much better everywhere else to make up the difference.

It's doing better than 4 in Japan without including digital, slightly worse in the US without including digital (it should be higher if you include digital, it's only ~150k off & it was #2 on PSN September top sellers in the US), & significantly better in the UK without including digital.

& that's without the counting the 750k on Steam (which should settle at 1 million LTD at some point, especially after a few steam sales).

EDIT: I will say that I expected a 1.5+ million debut, I overestimated Metal Gear & Konami's willingness to advertize it.

Matt

No way for us to know that unfortunately, what we have here is US only sales and Adobe report talked about WW not just US.

Yes there is, Adobe's numbers were impossible. Unless you are saying MGSV sold over a million and a half copies in mainland Europe in a day.

Alo0oy

Banned
Yes there is, Adobe's numbers were impossible. Unless you are saying MGSV sold over a million and a half copies in mainland Europe in a day.

Really? Are you aware how big of a market Europe is?

Additionally, in Japan alone, MGS5 sold 450k on its launch week with two days of tracking.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Smash 3DS came out in early October last year in the US. It came out in Japan last September though.

September NPD 2014 was 31 August tp 4 October. Smash released on 3 October.

Smash was #4 in September NPD 2014 ( withouth digital ) and sold 710,000 ( with digital) in 2 days.

It also sold another 495,000 unit in October NPD for a LT sales of 1.2 million in only 5 weeks.

Morning GAF! 'Yaaaawn' Any pie left?

So do we have semi-concrete numbers? Seeing everything from 300-350k for PS4. Math see to favor the latter?

We can say 340k for now.

watdaeff4

RotW is not substantial enough to make a difference, we already know Japan's sales, and we can make educated guesses about digital sales. The numbers just don't add up.
What's Japan's sales? I didn't see them. Are you factoring in Steam sales also?

What I gather pretty much expected numbers for everything. Would be nice to get 3DS numbers to continue my comparison chart. Going by Nintendos PR it seems it's down yoy this month which is bit surprising considering normal New 3DS finally launching and 2DS getting price cut.

OneUh8

Crazy how well NBA2K does. Really insane. I don't know why I expected MGSV to be #1. I would think Destiny would be #1 if digital sales counted. Next month is going to be the fun one :)

FIFA routinely sells more units in the U.S. than hockey or baseball games. Can we declare that soccer is a well established thing in America and that they caught the bug already?

Alo0oy

Banned
RotW would mean outside of NA, Japan, and Europe.

Absolutely not true.

The PS3 sold something like ~15 million outside those markets. (EDIT: It was 10+ million sometime in 2011, so the 15 million is my guess).

Bloodborne sold about ~1.1 million in those markets, but 2+ million worldwide.

Matt

Absolutely not true.

The PS3 sold something like ~15 million outside those markets.

Bloodborne sold about ~1.1 million in those markets, but 2+ million worldwide.

None of that means they have explosive day one sales.

And where did the Bloodborne info come from? That doesn't seem right at all.

Alo0oy

Banned
None of that means they have explosive day one sales.

And where did the Bloodborne info come from? That doesn't seem right at all.

NPD numbers from Cream.

Japanese numbers from media create.

Europe numbers from Bruno.

The 2 million was official PR from Sony.

As for the bolded, we don't know either way, you ruled it out because you made an incorrect statement that only those three markets matter, when RotW can be as big as Europe or the US, depending on what type of game it is, & evidently, Bloodborne was one of them.

eerik9000

Wrong month, UC comes out in October.

Nah, it came out in September! As an Uncharted veteran I'm not sure if I like the Nathan Drake redesign though.

large.jpg

Top Bottom