• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Adds Final Fantasy XVI Game-Ready Drivers - Announcement / Release Soon?

Lokaum D+

march madness bbq GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
is it any good? heard the Dragon's Dogma combat director worked on this, so it could be fun to play.

ssringo

Actually been looking forward to the FF16 PC release (far more than Rebirth). I couldn't deal with the performance on PS5 but everything else was enjoyable.

Shadow drop that shit today!

Chukhopops

is it any good? heard the Dragon's Dogma combat director worked on this, so it could be fun to play.
It has nothing to do combat wise with Dragon’s Dogma, it’s more like a DMC style game but without the challenge, without multiple characters or playstyles or customization and without any level design, just walk straight kill mobs and open approximately 6,000 doors.

For me it was a gigantic disappointment in every aspect except maybe some parts of the story. Really curious how the Steam review score will go for this one actually.

//DEVIL//

But the Pro is coming soon!
You'd be missing out. 🎮
On what? I have a 4090 ….

Why would I want to switch from a 2070s level to probably a 3070 level or 3070ti?

What good that will do ? On AMD too there no DLSS even ( god knows what is the ray tracing tech in there but not a fan of ray tracing anyway so I don’t care about that )

My PS5 was ( just like my Xbox One was ) for exclusive games that I can’t play on PC.

When that started to vanish on Xbox, that system became useless to me. Sony is being stupid because they just think about small-term cash back and not what is best for long run ( like how Nintendo thinks), is becoming useless to me too outside of few exclusives.

Once these games come to the PC, I’ll just mainly PC and Nintendo.

Sony is doing an amazing job of getting me rid of the Sony console. I salute their stupidity. ( then they release their sales result and cry about why PlayStation sales are going downhill compared to the PS4) lol I swear monkeys in the management office.

At least MS owns the Windows ecosystem. What the fuck Sony does own on a Windows PC ? lol

Anyway I am sure many people prefer consoles over PC due to cost and ease of use ( even though the latter is not really a problem anymore.. who doesn’t know how to run Windows? )

To stay on the subject, Final Fantasy 16 is worth playing for the epic boss battles alone. Don’t miss out on this game. Especially if you can get it for a bit cheaper than the asking full price

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I thought it sucked pretty badly both as a JRPG and as a character action game.

Enemies literally stand there like training dummies while you chip away at their health and rotate through your abilities off cooldown. I was down for a DMC style battle system but this one just sucks. The hunts and Eikon battles are the only parts that are remotely interesting.

And it sucks as an RPG: 1 weapon type, no control over party members or party composition, every weapon/armor is just a tiny stat increase over the previous one, totally pointless crafting system with barely anything to craft. Tons of boring MMO style sidequests that reward you with useless crafting materials that you literally have thousands of already. Big open zones with nothing interesting to find (just picking up shiny dots that give you like 3 Gil or some crafting item you have no use for).

Even the much hyped “mature” storytelling sucked. For every riveting GoT-style scene there are 10 more where it’s just characters standing there like mannequins yapping on and on about something you don’t care about. I literally fell asleep multiple times playing this game.

It’s probably tied with Spore as my most disappointing game ever.

GHG

Gold Member
If its anything like the PS5 release schedule I'd imagine we'll be getting a demo of sorts first.

nikos

Really looking forward to this. Played for about 25 hours on PS5 before quitting. Excited to start over and get the proper experience.

On what ? I have a 4090 ….

Why would I want to switch from a 2070s level to probably a 3070 level or 3070ti ?

What good that will do ? On AMD too where no DLSS even ( god knows what is the ray tracing tech in there but not a fan of ray tracing anyway so I don’t care about that )

My PS5 was ( just like my Xbox One was ) for exclusive games that I can’t play on PC.

When that started to vanish on Xbox , that system became useless to me. Sony is being stupid because they just think about small term cash back and not what is best for long run ( like how Nintendo think ) , is becoming useless to me too outside of few exclusives .

Once these games come to the PC, I’ll just mainly PC and Nintendo.

Sony is doing an amazing job to get me rid of the Sony console . I salute their stupidity. ( then they release their sales result and cry why PlayStation sales going down hell compared to the ps4 ) lol I swear monkeys in the management office.

At least MS owns the Windows eco system . What the fuck Sony does own on a windows PC ? lol

Anyway I am sure many people prefer consoles over PC due to cost and easy of use ( even though the later is not really a problem anymore.. who doesn’t know how to run windows ? )

To stay on the subject, final fantasy 16 is worth playing for the epic boss battles alone . Don’t miss out on this game . Especially if you can get it for a bit cheaper than the asking full price

Same exact boat here. I actually ended up getting rid of my PS5. Nothing worse than having to choose between graphical fidelity and performance. I'd rather wait for a PC version, even for some of my favorite games. I'm somehow holding out for Rebirth. Never thought I would but that demo was rough.

That said, I'll probably have to pick up another console for GTA VI until it comes to PC.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If its anything like the PS5 release schedule I'd imagine we'll be getting a demo of sorts first.

That's what they say is the plan when last talking about the PC version.

Yoshida continued, “We’re looking to release a demo for the PC version as well. Again, we can’t really talk about too much in terms of details of when it’s going to come out—I think in a little bit more time we’ll be in a better place to announce things. But one thing’s for sure: It won’t be too distant in the future; it won’t be a year, it won’t be two years, it will probably be shorter than that, so stay tuned.”

Filben

Well, just bought it three days ago for 23EUR.

Hope for the PC crowd it's getting a proper port, without micro stutters and with good performance.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

I enjoyed it a lot overall, but it definitely had some faults.

I thought combat was fun as far as your abilities, but it was very easy. I dont think I died but 2 or 3 times the entire game and even then its because I was being boneheaded. And thats not a testament to my gaming skills lol, Im average.

The main quest and characters I liked a lot... but oh my god this my be a contender for the worst, most boring, lame sidequests Ive ever experienced. If I had stop in the middle of my epic war to backtrack back to the starter village and get beans for someones coffee one more time I was going to puke. It was just pure bloat.

I think they could have cut 15 hours or so out of this game it would have been better for it.

And performance was trashola... but hopefully thats remedied if you have a nice pc.

But overall I really liked the game, the story, the world, the characters, the set pieces were absolutely epic. If youre iffy I'd say its a least worth a shot if you got it on sale. If you are a final fantasy fan and a fan of 3rd person ARPGs, its probably worth a shot.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I really liked the game. But really wished for better performance as 60FPS mode was too blurry and graphics mode at 30FPS did not feel good on OLED.

I am waiting for PS5 Pro to play rebirth, but if that comes to PC by that time, then I really have nothing to play on the pro. This generation has been terrible from PlayStation in terms of single player games. In that case I will simply wait till some more exclusives drop, if they drop.

Go_Ly_Dow

Now if they don't call the PC version which I assume will be bundled with the DLC and various updates the "Ultima Edition" it will be an opportunity squandered and they should make me the new FF Brand manager.

Last edited:

Puscifer

But the Pro is coming soon!
You'd be missing out. 🎮
TBH I don't think this generations going to get much better. We're approaching 4 years in and I gotta say there's only so much you can blame on COVID before it's just an excuse. 4 years into the PS4s life cycle you kinda knew it was going to be a serious ride.

My PS5 exist strictly for GTA 6 at this point. I finished Ragnarok, played the stellar blade demo and called it a day it's been collecting dust. And even then, if 6 ends up being a slog like RDR2 with that super real gameplay I'm not even interested. The actual gameplay demos are gonna make or break me even holding onto it.

Puscifer

The story is :messenger_fire:, but Idk if I want to go through all the awful stuff again just to experience it again.
Is it as weird as that chapter in 15? I mean I didn't hate it as much as everyone else but it was definitely a victim of gameplay trends at the time.

wizaga

Neo Member
One of my favorite mainline FF games ever. Everybody that has an interest in the franchise should try it. Like a perfect mix between Devil may cry and the Witcher 3. Starts of pretty slow but after a few hours i couldn't put the controller down. Love the story

One of my favorite mainline FF games ever. Everybody that has an interest in the franchise should try it. Like a perfect mix between Devil may cry and the Witcher 3. Starts of pretty slow but after a few hours i couldn't put the controller down. Love the story

Yeah it's like Devil May Cry without the challenging / in-depth combat and The Witcher 3 without the great sidequests and huge / interesting open world.

It stinks.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Is it as weird as that chapter in 15? I mean I didn't hate it as much as everyone else but it was definitely a victim of gameplay trends at the time.
The main issue with 16 is everything but story. I mean, combat is not bad, but gets repetitive and is not very deep, but open world side quests, characters there and the fact that you literally forced to interact with all this everytime after the story mission to get to the next one... it's just infuriatingly bad. It's always the same thing over the course of the game - play amazing story mission, do cool stuff and pick up your jaw from the floor and then go back to the most boring shit possible for the 100th time. And as if that's not enough, weapon upgrades and weapons are terrible, it's the most suface level thing you can think of in a game like this.

It is clear as day that the main focus of the game was amazing story and everything related to it and everything else was just an afterthought or "that'll do".

Last edited:
Top Bottom