• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

longdi

Banned
What the highest stable oc using the stock blower fan at high rpm?

Latest nvidia gpu seems to oc best on water and cooling. Big fans and more power phase won't give u much

jrcbandit

EVGA has founders edition in stock.

Was able to get one successfully.

I got one too, thanks. Maybe I'll try to adapt my Hybrid cooler or if I change my mind, sell it on GAF or Ebay. For the hybrid cooler, all I need to do is mod the two points posted earlier in this thread?

Smokey

Mine haven't had a tracking update since Saturday, and I preordered the first batch directly from NVIDIA (03 MAR). Just fucking chill. First-World problems...

your bad for not following up, dont tell me to chill because you're ok with shit service.

FOH

Common sense tells me to wait for an EVGA card since it offers international warranty, but I know I'll be wrestling with impatience once Amazon begins accepting international orders (none of the FEs it has been selling are AmazonGlobal-eligible).
EVGA cooling solution doesn't inspire confidence.

scoobs

So which partner card are yall going with? I've been EVGA for my last 3 cards... might be time for a change.

Any recommendations?

Smokey

So I did get my card today (unexpectedly). 3 day shipping after paying for next day air but apparently THAT'S OK.

Anyway. As I was registering my card on EVGA site, I got a notification that they had some Founder's Editions in stock. So..I caved and ordered another one. Got a HB SLI Bridge from Microcenter today. 2nd card should be here on Thurs.

Back to SLI I go lol

Pic

33063529160_4ef0394aab_b.jpg

Quick benchmark in Heaven. Straight out the box, no OC, only raised power to 120% and adjusted the temp limit to 84. Put my fan curve on it, and during Heaven it topped out at 74c. CPU was running at 4.5ghz

1080Ti
3xNrIp7.png

For reference here are other results I have

1070 Strix
Rx7CI84.png

mQmMkbI.png

And for shits and giggles, the Titan Black Tri-SLI setup
xiI58Au.png

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nice upgrade Smokey, can't wait to see those SLI results.
I see you've already got the pci slot covers removed and ready for the 2nd card to slide in :)

Belmire

So I did get my card today (unexpectedly). 3 day shipping after paying for next day air but apparently THAT'S OK.

Anyway. As I was registering my card on EVGA site, I got a notification that they had some Founder's Editions in stock. So..I caved and ordered another one. Got a HB SLI Bridge from Microcenter today. 2nd card should be here on Thurs.

Back to SLI I go lol

Quick benchmark in Heaven. Straight out the box, no OC, only raised power to 120% and adjusted the temp limit to 84. Put my fan curve on it, and during Heaven it topped out at 74c. CPU was running at 4.5ghz

Gratz man. The jump from SLI 1080s to 1080Tis is quite large in some games. Expect 100+ fps at 4k.

REDSLATE

your bad for not following up, dont tell me to chill because you're ok with shit service.

FOH

You're joking right? I'm telling you to chill because you're overentitled. Tracking updates don't occur every step of the way, which is in no way indicative of poor service. Shipping takes time, estimates are just that, and you're entirely too impatient. You assumed the worst without sound judgement or reason.

Smokey

Nice upgrade Smokey, can't wait to see those SLI results.
I see you've already got the pci slot covers removed and ready for the 2nd card to slide in :)

Yeah went ahead and did that! They are going to chew through 2560x1440. Eventually hope to pair them with the ASUS PG27UQ, but who knows when that's going to release...

Hawk269 said:
Your Rig is begging for H20 Smokey!!!! Come to the Dark Side of Water Cooling!!! :)

I have the cards to do it (FE's), but I can't really wrap my head around the flow of WC and all of that. Probably making it more difficult than it is.

Belmire said:
Gratz man. The jump from SLI 1080s to 1080Tis is quite large in some games. Expect 100+ fps at 4k.

Expecting them to be monsters where SLI is supported. Really want a GSYNC 4k panel, but with the ASUS PG27UQ looming, it's hard to jump from my current PG278Q.

You're joking right? I'm telling you to chill because you're overentitled. Tracking updates don't occur every step of the way, which is in no way indicative of poor service. Shipping takes time, estimates are just that, and you're entirely too impatient. You assumed the worst without sound judgement or reason.

Did you miss the part where I paid an extra $25 for it to be delivered the next day, and it showed up 3 days later? When you pay extra for a service, you expect it to be fulfilled. It has nothing to do with impatience, don't know what you're on or coming from. It is poor service when nobody on Newegg or Fedex's side knows where the package is and cannot provide an explanation for why it wasn't sent shipped when it was supposed to. And do I need to mention again, they had no idea where the package was? If you don't know where a package is when someone pays extra for a service, it's the definition of poor service. This item was $700, not $7. It's cool that you're so chill about your terrible NVIDIA store situation, but don't project onto others.

Hawk269

waiting for the ftw is super hard

I have not followed the TI too much, but someone gave me a good offer on my 2 Titan X Pascal's and with the money I can get 2x1080ti's and have money left over...what is the best of the best 1080ti right now or coming soon?

Smokey

I have not followed the TI too much, but someone gave me a good offer on my 2 Titan X Pascal's and with the money I can get 2x1080ti's and have money left over...what is the best of the best 1080ti right now or coming soon?

Probably similar to the 1080 AIB solutions. Nothing but FE's now, so it comes down to warranty and support from each manufacturer.

Hawk269

Probably similar to the 1080 AIB solutions. Nothing but FE's now, so it comes down to warranty and support from each manufacturer.

Thanks. I have some time. The person that bought my last Titan's sent me an email asking if I had the newer Titans and if I wanted to sell them he would buy them (it is for a school). From what I read, they clock much higher than the Titan X's and with water it would keep them cool. Just need to decide if I want to do it or just wait until the next big bad boy comes out.

prophecy0

Got my 1080ti in today. Here are some quick comparisons vs my OC'ed 980ti. The 1080ti is currently at +105Mhz on the core (for max of 1990) but thermal throttling is keeping it in the mid-1700s. I'll probably put a hybrid cooler on it sooner rather than later. Even with the thermal throttling, the 1080ti is a BEAST.

Firestrike Ultra
WmokjqG.png

4kqkDzO.png

Gears 4
xv8EEA5.png

NpVQ0rS.png

Rise of the Tomb Raider
All settings maxed, SMAAx1, DX12

980ti
5WaT0f0.png

1080ti
ricr7cw.png

REDSLATE

Did you miss the part where I paid an extra $25 for it to be delivered the next day, and it showed up 3 days later?

I did not, though you sure as shit missed the part where "next day shipping" takes up to 3 business days.
:)

Your package did arrive on time. You'd have been better off taking my advice and relaxing rather than ignorantly getting defensive for being in the wrong. You clearly haven't the faintest clue how complicated logistics is...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I did not, though you sure as shit missed the part where "next day shipping" takes up to 3 business days.

Your package did arrive on time. You'd have been better off taking my advice and relaxing rather than ignorantly getting defensive for being in the wrong. You clearly haven't the faintest clue how complicated logistics is...

Are you seriously defending a company charging extra for next day shipping, and then it taking 3 days? Its at the least misleading, and at the most intentionally dishonest. I'm sure he's aware of the logistical hurdles and complications that make it difficult to get a package to a person in a day. That's why he gave them extra money to over come those hurdles.

It's at the very least poorly labeled.

Celcius

°Temp. member

How about we just drop it and get back to discussing the 1080 Ti :)

Weevilone

Are you seriously defending a company charging extra for next day shipping, and then it taking 3 days? Its at the least misleading, and at the most intentionally dishonest. I'm sure he's aware of the logistical hurdles and complications that make it difficult to get a package to a person in a day. That's why he gave them extra money to over come those hurdles.

It's at the very least poorly labeled.

Not to mention that he's a Premier member. That should have given him some advantage in shipping quickly as well.

Smokey

This is the last thing I'm going to say on it.

I am a Newegg Premiere member. Rush Processing is enabled by default with this membership. I ordered the card at 12p central when they went live, that's 10 am PST. The order was placed hours before the Rush Processing time deadline. I know this because I have ordered tens of parts from Newegg and the rep told me that was the case when I called in.

I also paid for Next Day Delivery, on Friday. On top of that I also paid for Saturday Delivery that became available once I selected Next Day Air. It was an option.

Now, I don't know about you but today is Tuesday, not Saturday. Therefore my package was not on time and the options I paid for were not enacted.

I don't care how complicated logistics are. Newegg Premiere membership is $50 a year. The shipping options THEY PRESENTED were an extra $25. Stop trying to blame the customer for a company fuck up.

I'm defensive with you because of your post

Mine haven't had a tracking update since Saturday, and I preordered the first batch directly from NVIDIA (03 MAR). Just fucking chill. First-World problems...

I've never interacted with you in my years of being on this board and you're coming at me in a certain way about a situation you have no clue on, although I just laid it out for you.

J/w. What made smokey go SLI?

I happened to be on EVGA site registering my card when I got availability alert. I was originally going to order 2 during NVIDIA's initial pre order session the previously week, but had some complications.

Xyber

Just put the damn partner cards up for pre-order now at least so I can start looking at how much I might want to spend on this card.

And speaking of shipping, I'm glad that I can be about 90% certain that I get my package the next (business) day when I order from my go-to site for computer parts here in Sweden. Free shipping too with a discount code. They also throw in a piece of candy in the package. :)

Back to SLI I go

I've been thinking about maybe just going all out and doing SLI 1080tis. I've always been more of a single card guy myself just due to that sometimes inconsistent support of SLI in games but my case looks a little empty with only 1 card in it.

Vipu

Banned
Just put the damn partner cards up for pre-order now at least so I can start looking at how much I might want to spend on this card.

And speaking of shipping, I'm glad that I can be about 90% certain that I get my package the next (business) day when I order from my go-to site for computer parts here in Sweden. Free shipping too with a discount code. They also throw in a piece of candy in the package. :)

Thats 100% like 1 shop in finland, weird.

AlanOC91

The 1080 Ti dropping below 60fps (even worse than the 980 Ti sometimes?) have me worried.

Never ever go by minimum fps in a benchmark.

I've used so many benchmarks where it picks up the minimum fps value from almost the half second load at the start of the benchmark and sticks that on as the minimum fps value.

Average is always the best indicator.

Smokey

I've been thinking about maybe just going all out and doing SLI 1080tis. I've always been more of a single card guy myself just due to that sometimes inconsistent support of SLI in games but my case looks a little empty with only 1 card in it.

I dunno if appearance is worth 700, but it will definitely fill out your case! If you've ever dealt with SLI Id say don't bother. Also have to take into account extra power, cooling in your case, strong CPU etc

Kareha

Got my 1080ti in today. Here are some quick comparisons vs my OC'ed 980ti. The 1080ti is currently at +105Mhz on the core (for max of 1990) but thermal throttling is keeping it in the mid-1700s. I'll probably put a hybrid cooler on it sooner rather than later. Even with the thermal throttling, the 1080ti is a BEAST.

What's the clockspeeds of your 980Ti?

So my card arrives from digital river today, via FEDEX.

I hate FEDEX with a passion, they never leave packages at the door, even though UPS & USPS do so all the time.

Anyone else received their nvidia.com / digital river fedex delivery left at their door?

gdt

Fuck man FedEx get a move on! The storm is over!

My card has been at "label created" since Monday morning. More than 48 hours now. So it's been packaged and might be on a truck but it probably hasn't left the shipping warehouse yet. I think.

Top Bottom