• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 50 “Blackwell” GPU Configs Revealed

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Cool.
Unless there is a major GPU breakthrough I suspect generations will be spaced further and further apart. 4090 won't need a replacement for a good half decade from now. We also have hit some serious diminishing returns on visuals. When is the last time you heard someone get excited about how good the graphics are in a game lol, don't forget we also will be bottlenecked by consoles with a certain power and cost envelope

Them introducing Frame Generation to the market has disincentized upgrading every generation. Unless they come up with some new tech exclusive to the 5000 series.

MikeM

Gold Member
I think it all depends on how RDNA 4 performs. I very much doubt they'd let AMD get away with a win with the 8800XT in the mid range. For perceptions sake if anything.

Even with the business moving towards supply ai chips, they'd need a safety net in case if the ai bubble bursts.
I’m not sure they care about RDNA4. Nvidia knows they have mindshare and know that DLSS is superior to FSR at lower resolutions. Until their market share shrinks, they will continue to do what they want.

Bojji

My performance predictions
5090 = 65%-70% over 4090
5080 = 10-15% over 4090
5070 = 5-10% over 4080
5060Ti = 4070 super
5060 = 3070 ti
Nah. Just looking at OP:

5090 has 33% more cores than 4090
5080 has 5% more cores than 4080 and much less than 4090

To be honest I don't see 5080 performing better than 4090, hardware is too weak. Only things that can produce results like that:

- much higher clocks than in 40xx series
- much more performant cores (better IPC)
- some new exclusive Nvidia tech but this would only apply to some new games

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Still early next year? I've been toying with building a new PC, but maybe now isnt the right time. I toyed with getting a 4090 a few years back. My 85" TV draws up to over 600w+ due its 3k nit luminance. And it did cross my mind that a new PC with my TV would guzzle the ole juice.

Top Bottom