• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

AkaBalla

Matrix and CB33,

Are you guys able to try to play your game again by 9pm est tonight? Once Phx/Uth is complete i will be advancing. The only game that has an excuse is the DET game, that will be replayed when DET comes back from vacation.

AkaBalla

And Jobber are you going to fill out the Hot Seat questionare? If not i will ask someone else to participate in the league news.. Check your PMs..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll be around after the Texans game and if CB is we can try again.I dont see why CB and my game cant be postponed/replayed if it still doesnt work.We could always try to play it at a later date and it could work.CB and I have actually played like 9 quarters of basketball already :lol

I was too tired to do anything yesterday after babysitting my nephew all day and night and passed out.I did check this thread yesterday for a min and didnt see a CB post so I figured he wasnt around.

edit- Smokey,I dont really care for the 2nd offer.I need to practice 1 game with nelson to see if I like the way he releases the ball this year,if I like it then I'll most likey do the first trade.

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
I'll be around after the Texans game and if CB is we can try again.I dont see why CB and my game cant be postponed/replayed if it still doesnt work.We could always try to play it at a later date and it could work.CB and I have actually played like 9 quarters of basketball already :lol

I was too tired to do anything yesterday after babysitting my nephew all day and night and passed out.I did check this thread yesterday for a min and didnt see a CB post so I figured he wasnt around.

edit- Smokey,I dont really care for the 2nd offer.I need to practice 1 game with nelson to see if I like the way he releases the ball this year,if I like it then I'll most likey do the first trade.

Well a few options for u guys.. Because it saves less work for us..

1. Replay the whole game.

2. If u guys wanna play 1 quarter from the end of the 3rd quarter of your last game and just tell the me the final score i can edit it.

Now if option #1 disconnects , i suggest you guys start another game where you left off.

The reason for this is due to not knwoing when you guys will replay the game. So lets say in Week 10 yoy guys decide to try to play then I would have to retreat the schedule week by week and then put it back. How about you guys decide to replay it by week 23? Eh!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The thing is it's absurd that we keep having to try to play right now when it's not working.We have put in more time than anyone else here just to get one game done.

In past leagues the commish has pushed back the week and the league has been fine.Hell CB and I could just wait for the last week of the season to play our game if it's that big of an issue.

I would like to have game stats for my game with CB,that's part of the fun of the league,and we have no way of getting that if our game keeps getting cut short.

With football being on all day I'm not even sure if CB will be around at all today or tonight with Sunday Night Football on to get this game done by 9 pm eastern.

Smokey

Matrix said:

Fair enough. Like I said I haven't had any problems with his release or anything, but again I didn't play w/ him last year.

Just to be clear, you're talking about the Battie/Nelson and Francis/Novak trade right because I revoked the trades yesterday so they're positioned funny on the website, so I don't know which one was the first offer(although I think the one I mentioned is right).

I re-proposed that trade to you so if/when you would like to accept it, the offer is open in the trade section of the league.

Matrix

"Just to be clear, you're talking about the Battie/Nelson and Francis/Novak trade"

Yea that one.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
yeah there really isnt any point in trying to play again today. We've tried three times and its not working for whatever reason, so just leave it as a tie and we'll come back to it later on in the season

AkaBalla

ColdBlooded33 said:
yeah there really isnt any point in trying to play again today. We've tried three times and its not working for whatever reason, so just leave it as a tie and we'll come back to it later on in the season

Ok, Ok! You guys win... Replay the game some other time.

Malley and/or DCX I'll be back tonight and able to play, so let me know if you can. Otherwise, I can play tomorrow night after 10:30 EST and Tuesday just about anytime.

I don't know if DCX even checks this thread...

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Malley and/or DCX I'll be back tonight and able to play, so let me know if you can. Otherwise, I can play tomorrow night after 10:30 EST and Tuesday just about anytime.

Make sure you IM one of the admins so they can retreat the schedule for DCX and U..

Matrix

Fmt,when you want to play?

Matrix

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:

Of course i check the thread :p I put player on the trading block :) I can play tonight...i can play after i play Pheenix. 10pm est i'm supposed to play him, so i can play you after if there is a mod around...which there should be.

DCX

Matrix

yea wtf indeed.

Said 2k service was down,froze my 360 and now im using my dsl line in my office room cause my cable modem is now acting shitty.

Looks like we will have to try later *sigh*

Matrix

I'll try to reboot everything again,but so far I cant get back on arghhhhh

Matrix

Holy shit die 2k!

I'm so to close burning my copy of 2k8.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Ok DCX, that sounds good (after your game with Pheeniks).

Admin's is that ok?

As long as no one else is playing.. Thats fine i think.. Just IM me i will be up until the Red Sox game is over..

Fifty

So I lost to the Hawks, bad. It looks closer than it was because at the end I scored a bunch of points quickly, but it was a 20+ point game for most of the duration. I played like crap. He obviously knew the online release points for his players' FTs and I went 1/10. I was bricking plenty of open/near open 3's. A couple missed wide open layups.. I had no plays on offense, I wasn't able to just react instinctively like I did against True.

My D was terrible. He was able to dominate down low with Horford. At one point he did a few consecutive hop step moves and I got a bit suspicious but he laid off doing it too excessively and that was by no means why I lost. I think this game proved that you can win with a lesser team if you are better at the game than the other person.

I've only played 3 games of 2K8, two of them league games, so I'm not setting high standards this season for myself. If people beat me who are playing the game when I'm choosing not to, I can't be too hard on myself for losing. Blame the man in my avatar.

(Trust me, my posts won't be this long after every loss)

DCX

DCX
Wow...this game is so different from 2k7....and i used to bitch about how 2k7 shot online...this is 1000% worse...for me at least.

DCX

DCX said:
Wow...this game is so different from 2k7....and i used to bitch about how 2k7 shot online...this is 1000% worse...for me at least.

DCX

Yeah, the 3rd quarter was insane. I don't think either of us scored until the 3:00 minute mark.

GG by the way.

Matrix

Fmt,you up? Want to try again?

Matrix

I lost service the first time 2k booted us,got back on and it booted us again and lost connection again.I know my internet is acting crazy lately,but it was 100% fine today till I went on to 2k :\

I ended up going out and crashed when I got home,im not sure when I got my net back.Its working ok now.

Smokey

gg dm.

was one of the ugliest games ive ever played, was real scrappy. for some reason it was if my plays were not registering when i called them, which was the reason it was kinda crazy. id call a play and my guys would just sit there, so i had to resort to trying and drive on you b/c the bulls help defense if i was to kick the ball back out is way too good.

free throws are still terrible online, and shooting seems really random.

well looking at the fg%, i guess that's about normal(maybe a little low) for an avg NBA game, but still the missed layups and easy buckets around the basket were pissin me the hell off.

DCX

DCX
I got a couple of trades out there..one to the Magic and one to the Heat. Very good deals fellas, consider them please.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
I got a couple of trades out there..one to the Magic and one to the Heat. Very good deals fellas, consider them please.

DCX

Ill check it out now through the website and let you know

edit: not a bad trade, but i'll have to decline it. i use 3 centers in my rotation to make up for the magic only having 1 PF so Foyle even though he's not that great is an important part of that.

DCX

DCX
Just figured you didn't have much of a SG corp so i'd help you out while giving me an option for a backup center. No prob, i'll fish somewhere else.

DCX

Top Bottom