• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I used to cuss Fifty out all the time on AIM.

Fifty

Truelize said:
FMT or Wellie used to offer to get online and teach people how to play the game. It was a better community then. Now it's just people getting pissed at each other cause of some supposed exploit.

I'm not as nice as FMT and Wellie :lol I need to win in this game to make up for my miserable Madden season! Anyway, I don't know that much yet about this game and I'll never be playing it offline practicing. Aka and/or jobber would probably be the people to talk to.

I just tried to play as realistically as the Raptors, and when I wasn't doing that it was because I'm so new to the game or because my hand was forced (full court press leading to fast breaks, open shots where I didn't intend to shoot from, etc)

I tried to use matchups well, and took advantage of my team's depth by being the Anti-DM and spreading my minutes around. Of course that was easier to do in a semi blowout win.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg DM. You got bit with the horrible shooting % to start that game off. I have yet to see a game where both teams come out shooting similar percentages.

DM: why do you disappear off both Xbox live and AIM right after a game? Do you need to cool down and do yoga or something?

I would like to chat to people after our games so I can see what worked for them and vice versa.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB,you around still?

I'll go log on if you are.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tell me i can attack the paint and try to score.........................

fmt...i've been avoiding this train wreck so i didn't get your post.

:lol @ fouling on a fast break

you get foul shots and the ball back if it's a clear lane

AkaBalla

jobber said:
:lol @ fouling on a fast break

you get foul shots and the ball back if it's a clear lane

"Do not intentional foul on every fast break to prevent guys from getting down court....once or twice is okay, but please do not overdue it....more than 3 times a game would be considered overdoing it... "

WHats so messed up about that, considering the flaw ass Free Throw shooting and you rarely ever see intentional fouls on fast breaks and if so maybe once per game.. What are you talking about?

Oh and 50 points in the paint isn't enough for you? It's freaking plenty and with Elson and Duncan grabbing offensive rebounds and scoring 8-10 a game off of 2nd chancers you will have a chance to do 60 PIP...

Get your game in..

Fifty

Yeah, it is plenty. And if it helps, don't think about the PIP while you're playing the game. I'm not saying go ahead and score 60, but I don't think you will score 50 unless you're playing unrealistically, considering that second chance points don't count. (Maybe we could even subtract fast break points from the total?)

The intentional foul rule sounds fair enough. I don't think anyone will do a lot of it. AKA is just saying that people shouldn't do it more than a few times a game..and real nba games only have at max a few fast break intentional fouls

AKA, I think you might want to clarify what would happen if someone scored, let's say, 52 points in the paint. Would they get an auto loss or would it be subjectively dealt with, depending on the players and the general situation? I've heard a couple of people worried about that and I'm curious myself.

jobber

AkaBalla said:
"Do not intentional foul on every fast break to prevent guys from getting down court....once or twice is okay, but please do not overdue it....more than 3 times a game would be considered overdoing it... "

WHats so messed up about that, considering the flaw ass Free Throw shooting and you rarely ever see intentional fouls on fast breaks and if so maybe once per game.. What are you talking about?

Oh and 50 points in the paint isn't enough for you? It's freaking plenty and with Elson and Duncan grabbing offensive rebounds and scoring 8-10 a game off of 2nd chancers you will have a chance to do 60 PIP...

Get your game in..

I was talking about if you miss the free throws you get the ball back. If someone overdoes it just sneak a backdoor inbounds play to teach em a lesson.

The Spurs were the #1 team with points in the paint. I base my game at attacking the paint. Last few online game I've played, I averaged around 48 points in the paint in blowouts..if it's a close game, I can not conform my game.

If whoever I play says I cheese inside, reverse the win, I'm just going to play my game.

After 6 games, if 2 or more people say I scored too much in the paint, then I'll bow out.

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
AKA, I think you might want to clarify what would happen if someone scored, let's say, 52 points in the paint. Would they get an auto loss or would it be subjectively dealt with, depending on the players and the general situation? I've heard a couple of people worried about that and I'm curious myself.

All i have to say is dont break the rule and you wont be worried..:lol

Just kidding.....

Seriously if you do it once you will be called out by me which would probably lead to a flame war..

Then if you do it again possible suspensions may occur

Followed by termination from the league..

I think thats fair.

I think we will only see this 2-3 times this year..

The reason for this rule is because in the past i have played some folks who just dunked on me all game and it sucks especially when you play legit.. When you come down the court and shoot jumpers and then your opponet just comes down and forces dunks. etc..

I know layups are missing but i can assure you it's because some folks are forcing it. I have not seen alot of missed layups on my end because i dont drive the lane with a 6 foot PG against a 7 footer, which usually leads to a block or a air ball on a layup...

Try laying some up with AI and i would say he would be 45-50% successful in the lane with pressure, but if you do it with Dan Dickau your gonna be 10% IMO..

I've also tried adding fast break points to the PIP rule and it actually failed because people would just run fast breaks all game long knowing that the PIP didn't matter..

The PIP rule makes us play more realistic with shooting jumpers, running a hallcourt offense, etc....

I hope all of you understand the aspect of some of these rules..

It really sucks there is no free throw slider though, then i could disregard the intentional foul rule.. :D

AkaBalla

jobber said:
Last few online game I've played, I averaged around 48 points in the paint in blowouts..if it's a close game,

Did you even bother to see what your 2nd chance points were? Becuase if it was 48 total PIP and you had 10 2nd chancers it would be 38 PIP...

Matrix

This is bs,im up 14 with 6 mins left in the 4th and it just boots us.No lag this time.

Also CB you have to let me sub dude,you must be pressing the A button by mistake,if you do that,your opponent cant sub.

Also wtf Jackie Butler > Yao in this game,its f-ing stupid.

Aka you might have to flip a coin or some shit.

CB have you tried playing anyone else here to see if it boots you? You're the only one ive had this problem with here.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
This is bs,im up 14 with 6 mins left in the 4th and it just boots us.No lag this time.

Also CB you have to let me sub dude,you must be pressing the A button by mistake,if you do that,your opponent cant sub.

Also wtf Jackie Butler > Yao in this game,its f-ing stupid.

oh sorry. im used to playing the computer and skipping ahead. And i rarely have to sub either so i dont think about it.

Atleast it kicked us from a game i wasnt winning for once :)

Matrix

Yea I noticed,the Nets never get tired,that is some bizzare shit :lol You could play your starters all game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I will repeat.

Everyone please read this: when a team calls a timeout to do subs or whatever do NOT hit your A button repeatedly to get back to the game. If you did not call the timeout just sit and wait. If you hit the A button repeatedly it goes back to the game before the other team has a chance to rotate their lineup. This happened to me three times in my game today.

I repeat. If you do not call the timeout, make your subs if you want, then hit the B button and wait.

CB3

Matrix said:
Yea I noticed,the Nets never get tired,that is some bizzare shit :lol You could play your starters all game.

The only reason i subbed in people for Kidd, VC, and Jefferson at the start of the second was precautionary. there were at 80 after the 1st quarter :lol :lol :lol

The only guys that get tired are my bigs

But man that game was pissing me off. all of the sudden in the 3rd i get called for fouls every drive my guys cant hit a shot, marcus williams getting stuck on a ref and playing 4 on 5 till you noticed and hit a 3 with marcus running up the court. That was bullshit :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ooooohhhh.

Double Teaming

Do not double team players outside the lane .

Double team includes running a second player out to the ballhandler, and it also includes actually pressing the double team button to latch two players onto the ballhandler.

Double Team is allowed in the lane and along the lane perimeter.

Fifty did this to me all game. :lol Do I get a rematch?

Matrix

Yea CB did that everytime I tried to sub,but I knew he didnt know the rules.I had 1 timeout left at the start of the 4th cause of that :lol I didnt want to stop the game to tell him,I had a fear the game would boot us....

it did anyway :(

Matrix

"But man that game was pissing me off. all of the sudden in the 3rd i get called for fouls every drive my guys cant hit a shot, marcus williams getting stuck on a ref and playing 4 on 5 till you noticed and hit a 3 with marcus running up the court. That was bullshi"

I payed off those refs in the 3rd,Jackie Butler was a star out there and Alston was getting away with reach in steals :D

Aka im not sure what to do about CB and I playing.We make it to the 4th and it just boots us for no reason,this time is was lag free too.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I had something kinda funny happen in one of my games today (not sure if it was Fifty or DM). I had the ball on the baseline and wanted to inbounds it but the ref wouldn't give me the ball. So we are all just standing there. Then I noticed all the way at the other end of the court that a coach was standing out on the floor, so I took my pg and ran all the way down and pushed him off the court by bumping into him then ran back and got the ball. :lol It was pretty awesome.

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Did you even bother to see what your 2nd chance points were? Becuase if it was 48 total PIP and you had 10 2nd chancers it would be 38 PIP...

wait...2nd chance points would count if I grabbed the board, tossed it out, and my player hits a 3 o_o

AkaBalla

Truelize said:
Ooooohhhh.

Double Teaming

Do not double team players outside the lane .

Double team includes running a second player out to the ballhandler, and it also includes actually pressing the double team button to latch two players onto the ballhandler.

Double Team is allowed in the lane and along the lane perimeter.

Fifty did this to me all game. :lol Do I get a rematch?

Oh Crap i need to edit that to allowing to Double Team with 1:30 minute remaining if your losing... Dam It such a busy day

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AkaBalla said:
Oh Crap i need to edit that to allowing to Double Team with 1:30 minute remaining if your losing... Dam It such a busy day

Well I was still double teamed all game. At least I wont see that again. :p

AkaBalla

jobber said:

wait...2nd chance points would count if I grabbed the board, tossed it out, and my player hits a 3 o_o

I dont know, whatever the team stats say you had for 2nd chancers.. thats what it is..

Matrix

Anyone have any ideas about what CB and I can do? 3 times now and this last game didnt have a damn hint of lag.

Has anyone else here played CB and been dropped? Ive played 4 other people here and havent had this issue.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Anyone have any ideas about what CB and I can do? 3 times now and this last game didnt have a damn hint of lag.

Has anyone else here played CB and been dropped? Ive played 4 other people here and havent had this issue.

Well it you dropped me too. Both of you were playing without routers? Both of you have your NATs set to open on the system menu of your 360? Is so then I can't think of anything else.

CB3

i havent played many games online but they have been fine. the only person from gaf ive played is Juan and we were ok

Matrix

I'm playing with a router and my NAT is set to open on the 360.

It just doesnt make sense that we can play up until the 4th and for no reason get booted.

Hell CB and I have never had issues playing Madden against eachother or 2k7 last year.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
I'm playing with a router and my NAT is set to open on the 360.

It just doesnt make sense that we can play up until the 4th and for no reason get booted.

And you have your 360 set up as a DMZ in your router settings right? Is so then you are doing everything you can do.

Be. All that you can be.

Matrix

"And you have your 360 set up as a DMZ in your router settings right?"

Yep,even checked it the other night to make sure it was ok.

Maybe aka can put it as a draw for now or something and CB and I can play in the future and hopefully not have this issue.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
"And you have your 360 set up as a DMZ in your router settings right?"

Yep,even checked it the other night to make sure it was ok.

Maybe aka can put it as a draw for now or something and CB and I can play in the future and hopefully not have this issue.

I don't think we can give ties. I'll check. If you play each other twice we could always just split them and then see if you guys can try again at a later date. That might work.

Matrix

We could do that,but no purty stats :(

Fifty

The Hawks owner doesn't seem to have posted in this thread and has no contact info on his profile. How can I reach him when the league advances so we can play our week 2 game?

damn i couldn't stop the juggernaut spurs :(

i couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss! fuck manu!

also man does this game drop in frames online. seems like its running under water online! and it looks like the FT animations drop to like 15 fps :lol

dont worry jobber, when we meet again i will destroy you

DMczaf

Fifty said:
The Hawks owner doesn't seem to have posted in this thread and has no contact info on his profile. How can I reach him when the league advances so we can play our week 2 game?

51M6AT3ZRFL._SS500_.jpg

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn i couldn't stop the juggernaut spurs :(

i couldn't make a shot and they couldn't miss! fuck manu!

also man does this game drop in frames online. seems like its running under water online! and it looks like the FT animations drop to like 15 fps :lol

dont worry jobber, when we meet again i will destroy you

gimme JAX

you can have anyone on my bench

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
REGULAR SEASON

GCQuinton - Bobcats Jrich, Okafor Aim = ??
DM - Bulls Gordon, Wallace
AkaBalla* - Celtics Pierce, Allen, Garnett
Truelize* - Cavs Lebron, Big Z
Sniffindrawz - Hawks Johnson, Smith Aim = xsniffindrawz
Pheeniks - Heat Wade, Shaq
DCX - Knicks Randolph, Marbury
Konex* - Lakers Bryant, Odom
Smokeybones - Magic Lewis, Howard Aim = ???
Big Zep* - Nuggets AI, Melo
CB33* - Nets Kidd, Carter
ChrisJames* - Pistons Billups, Hamilton
Matrix - Rockets Yao, Tmac
Jobber - Spurs Ginobli, Duncan
Shawn - Suns Nash, Stoudamire
FMT - Warriors B Diddy, Ellis
Fifty - Raptors - Bosh, Ford
Malley - Jazz Williams, Boozer
Jube - Wizards Arenas, Jamison
widgetraf - Clippers Brand, Maggette Aim = widgetraf

Updated OP with 2 aim names i know of out of the new owners... Anyone know Smokey & GCQuintons aim?

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
your bench sucks! Sjax will be starting for me next game, not sure why the computer didn't put him in.

my bench scored 30 points.

and you have to give him more minutes in the roations menu.

Fifty

auto subs are for idiots, and DMczaf. It only takes me about a minute overall per game to make accurate subs, and I have complete control to get who I want in when I want them in, and get 100% realistic rotations

Top Bottom