• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Fifty

Fatalah said:
so does this game have national teams or what?

Guys, let's agree to never tell Fatalah if there are any international teams. I think he's being really un-American by asking that question in the first place. I'll tell you what Fatalah, it has the New York Knicks..That's all you should need if you're a patriot.

anyone up for a scrimmage?

-nevermind.

I'm going to be gone until Sunday night. Don't worry about holding up week 1 just for me. DCX and I could always move the sched. back and play the game.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Updated OP with 2 aim names i know of out of the new owners... Anyone know Smokey & GCQuintons aim?

I don't have AIM, but I'll sign up for it my AIM will be dboythaGr8.

Did you compile a list of the AIMS of everybody else somewhere? I'm trying to get a hold of my week 1 opponent but he has no contact info.

Fatalah

Fifty said:
Guys, let's agree to never tell Fatalah if there are any international teams. I think he's being really un-American by asking that question in the first place. I'll tell you what Fatalah, it has the New York Knicks..That's all you should need if you're a patriot.

Upset.gif

32231-American-Flag-Patchwork-Eagle-with-Flag.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I think fouls should be turned up a bit. I played a random game with Pheeniks and there were very few fouls.

But then you would have to shoot foul shots and that is the worst part of this game online.

Fifty

Yeah, Konex, you were 4/17. We've got to ask ourselves what's less realistic? Fewer FT's attempted or even more ridiculously low %'s?

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
REGULAR SEASON

GCQuinton - Bobcats Jrich, Okafor Aim = ??
DM - Bulls Gordon, Wallace Aim = dmczafx23
AkaBalla* - Celtics Pierce, Allen, Garnett Aim = Ronn4180
Truelize* - Cavs Lebron, Big Z Aim = Truelize
Sniffindrawz - Hawks Johnson, Smith Aim = xsniffindrawz
Pheeniks - Heat Wade, Shaq Aim = ThePheeniks
DCX - Knicks Randolph, Marbury Aim = Dreamcastkc
Konex* - Lakers Bryant, Odom Aim = konex2k4
Smokeybones - Magic Lewis, Howard Aim = dboythaGr8
Big Zep* - Nuggets AI, Melo Aim = Jackme007
CB33* - Nets Kidd, Carter Aim = thecoldone33
ChrisJames* - Pistons Billups, Hamilton Aim = CTennisgod3
Matrix - Rockets Yao, Tmac Aim = adoubledg
Jobber - Spurs Ginobli, Duncan Aim = jobber4wcw
Shawn - Suns Nash, Stoudamire Aim = Professaskillset
FMT - Warriors B Diddy, Ellis Aim = whossorrynow015
Fifty - Raptors - Bosh, Ford Aim = danielschwartzzz
Malley - Jazz Williams, Boozer Aim = mrblacknj
Jube - Wizards Arenas, Jamison Aim = Ayo Jube3
widgetraf - Clippers Brand, Maggette Aim = widgetraf

Updated for everyone.. I still need GCQUintons aim.. Matrix your aim doesnt work correct? And Chris James is that your correct aim? I always forget..

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It works off and on,I'm starting to think I just get crappy internet service now and thats why I lose connection a lot.Time Warner Road Runner NYC has become crap.

It's easier for me to post in here/or pm,but my aim is adoubledg fo those that dont have it.

widgetraf

Hey Aka, I think I can actually play Saturday morning around 10AM Pacific (let me get the crust off my eyes after I wake up) :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Not that you are ever on AIM. You have the only computer in North America where AIM wont work.

:lol

I just dont feel like logging on and then losing friggin connection in the middle of a conversation.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

I just dont feel like logging on and then losing friggin connection in the middle of a conversation.

I still think you are in either jail or a mental hospital and all these "disconnects" that you get are your cell-mate or nurse pulling the cord on you.

AkaBalla

widgetraf said:
Hey Aka, I think I can actually play Saturday morning around 10AM Pacific (let me get the crust off my eyes after I wake up) :D

That would be good.. I'll be on aim all morning and afternoon.. I will not be available from 4pm est - 9pm est

Matrix

Truelize said:
I still think you are in either jail or a mental hospital and all these "disconnects" that you get are your cell-mate or nurse pulling the cord on you.

Read some of the topic titles in this forum...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cable,rr

TWC NYC is shit now and its my only option in the room I play games in and this computer im using now is in my game room too.

I have a DSL line in my office and it works fine.

Jube3

Was a Good game Smokey even though I lost by a quite a bit lol. The rules really hurt the way I play, mainly the PiP. I spent alot of time counting what shots to take and what not to take to avoid going over 50. End result was alot of forced shots. Ill get the hang of it though.

Ramirez

Season already started? I might pick this up tomorrow if I could still join with the.....Sixers...sigh.

Ah, saw the waiting list...you're lucky FMT...lucky.

Fifty

I don't think teams can be added after the season has started. I think the only option would be replacing a team that's owner has quit/flaked

Wow @ WAS/ORL..Poor Jube was 1/25 from 3 point land. 1 for 25! That's gotta sting

AkaBalla

Jube3 said:
Was a Good game Smokey even though I lost by a quite a bit lol. The rules really hurt the way I play, mainly the PiP. I spent alot of time counting what shots to take and what not to take to avoid going over 50. End result was alot of forced shots. Ill get the hang of it though.

How many points in the paint did u end up with?

Tips to the wise....

Dont worry about the PIP rules while your playing trust me. 50 PIP is alot considerng thats 25 in the paint shots.. Add 10 points to 2nd chance thats 30 shots in the paint...
On average we will see 60-75 field goals attempts per game..

Jube you shot 25 3 pointers no wonder why you were bricking.. You expected to go 50% from 3?

AkaBalla

(Widgetraf) LA Clippers @ Boston (Aka)
(Shawn) Phoenix @ Utah (Malley)
(Zep) Denver @ Miami (Pheeniks)
(Matrix) Houston @ New Jersey (CB33)
(Chris James) Detroit @ New York (DCX)

My game should be played this afternoon

Zep is nowhere to be found.. Not unusual

Chris James is on vacation - Will have to replay it some other time with DCX

Whats up with the 2 other games?

Smokey

Jube3 said:

Good game last night.

About the rules like I told you in my XBL message, I looked at them and saw what they were but when I was playing I was just playing my game. If you sit and try and remember every little thing about the rules you won't be concentrated on the game. I read em, and took it as basically don't be a cheeser and that was that.

It was close the first half. I was really out of rhythm due to not playing for like 2 weeks but I kinda came around in the 2nd half.

It was a fun game though and infinitely better than playing random people on XBL.

Just looked at all the teams in the league, and I didn't know we had 20 people?! I hope it works out b/c that's kind of a lot be we'll see.

Jube3

AkaBalla said:
How many points in the paint did u end up with?

Tips to the wise....

Dont worry about the PIP rules while your playing trust me. 50 PIP is alot considerng thats 25 in the paint shots.. Add 10 points to 2nd chance thats 30 shots in the paint...
On average we will see 60-75 field goals attempts per game..

Jube you shot 25 3 pointers no wonder why you were bricking.. You expected to go 50% from 3?

Oh lol the numbers kinda lie, I wasnt shooting 3s all game. I would say I had about 10 3 pointers leading to the 4th quarter and with 4-5 minutes left I started chucking them with a cold arenas (was down by 20 and stevenson and garbage ass young cant hit 3s even with a hot 4 bar lol. bad idea I know, got desperate lol). I had about 40 PIP (4 second chance shots total) at the start of the third when the game was close and then I started forcing the shots. I wasn't cheesing though, quite a bit of fast breaks etc and I prefer to hold the ball and reform the play than force a putback.

I focused way too much on the rules, like sometimes i would hit double team and be like oh crap and pull my guy off and the double team guy would leave too and he would be open lol. No crying here though, ill get used to it before my next game. It took me a bit to adjust to the madden league rules too.

Fifty

We've done far more than 20 before. We have 32 currently in the Madden league, granted it's a different game, more popular and more people doing it year after year but 20 should be fine for this.

AkaBalla

widgetraf said:
Is it just me or did my Cuttino Mobley just miss a wide open breakaway dunk? :lol

GG Aka, my team needs some more practice :(

Haha yea Cutino felt the pressure i guess...

It was a good game throughout though,,

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
(Shawn) Phoenix @ Utah (Malley)
(Zep) Denver @ Miami (Pheeniks)
(Matrix) Houston @ New Jersey (CB33)
(Chris James) Detroit @ New York (DCX)

My game should be played this afternoon

Zep is nowhere to be found.. Not unusual

Chris James is on vacation - Will have to replay it some other time with DCX

Whats up with the 2 other games?

1 game down

Fifty

Matrix and CB can't seem to connect. They tried a couple times and were posting about it in this thread. Not sure whose end it's on..but I've played matrix, odd.

Matrix

We can connect just fine it just wont let us complete a 4th quarter :\ I'm only having this issue against CB.We have tried 3 or 4 times to complete our game and it's just not happening.

I cant play till later tonight anyway cause I have my nephew over all day and most of the night.

Smokey

Matrix said:
We can connect just fine it just wont let us complete a 4th quarter :\ I'm only having this issue against CB.We have tried 3 or 4 times to complete our game and it's just not happening.

I cant play till later tonight anyway cause I have my nephew over all day and most of the night.

When you log on check your league box. I got a trade for ya.

Fifty

Matrix had the Magic in season 2 last year and Nelson came very close to driving him insane. I don't think he'll trade his break up the couple of Yao and Francis this soon.

I only proposed one trade, and it was to the MIA Big Zep. FYI, Juan Dixon is on the block.

Smokey

Fifty said:
Matrix had the Magic in season 2 last year and Nelson came very close to driving him insane. I don't think he'll trade his break up the couple of Yao and Francis this soon.

I only proposed one trade, and it was to the MIA Big Zep. FYI, Juan Dixon is on the block.

BUT..he needs a backup Center to Yao. The Rockets have no backup for him in the game and I'm offering him one.

And besides, what's wrong w/ Nelson. He's quick and can get to the basket, and has a good mid-range shot. I dunno how he was in 2k7 though, I never played w/ the Magic.

EDIT: I've now given him 2 proposals. Lets see if he'll take me up one one of em.

DCX

DCX
David Lee, Q and Jamal Crawford are on the block. I'm looking for a good point guard and Small Forward.

DCX

sjax is on the block...

the starting lineup block! suck it down my march to the championship begins in week 2 (so long as i never have to play the spurs again)

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sjax is on the block...

the starting lineup block! suck it down my march to the championship begins in week 2 (so long as i never have to play the spurs again)

PM sent

as for me: i've got nelson, battie, + ariza on trade. don't understand the hate for nelson the other 2 are decent role players to give guys a breather.

i await for a response from matrix on my spectacular offer.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
it's a conspiracy by the league owner.

I don't think it's randomly generated either!

crap...I can't wear my lucky silver jerseys -_-

epic fail?
i2t441.jpg

AkaBalla

Schedule is random.. Do i feel like editing a 24 game schedule for 20 teams.. No i dont but i will try..

Someone wanna give me a hand in editing schedules to at least try to get to 12 home/away games per team as the best we can?

Top Bottom