• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Smokey

gg fmt

That was the buggiest fucking game I've ever seen. One, it said that he had baron davis in the game at 3 positions...pg,sf,and center. So whenever I played man all 3 fucking guys would run to baron davis. WOW. So I had NO choice but to run zone.

And on his end he said I had R. Lewis running the PG when he wasn't. On top of that both sides were missing wide open fucking dunks. Terrible just...terrible.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG washed up Jobber :p

You almost had that comeback,scared me. Your bench was insane and was taking it to mine.

Toooooo much Tmac and Yaozer!

lol yeah that was a buggy as fuck game.

one thing that really pisses me off about this game (and i guess all 2k games to be honest) is the disparaty in animation speed between players. for insance, i get an offensive rebound, and go back up for the put back, my guy is in fucking SLOW MOTION doing it, meanwhile here comes a defender like a bat out of hell moving at 1000 FPS to swat the ball. not saying it just happens against me, my defenders do that too. it's just annoying!

also, WHY DOESNT THE FUCKING double team button always work? i was trying to double howard in the post every time and i would get a double team maybe 1/4th of the time. argh!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol yeah that was a buggy as fuck game.

one thing that really pisses me off about this game (and i guess all 2k games to be honest) is the disparaty in animation speed between players. for insance, i get an offensive rebound, and go back up for the put back, my guy is in fucking SLOW MOTION doing it, meanwhile here comes a defender like a bat out of hell moving at 1000 FPS to swat the ball. not saying it just happens against me, my defenders do that too. it's just annoying!

also, WHY DOESNT THE FUCKING double team button always work? i was trying to double howard in the post every time and i would get a double team maybe 1/4th of the time. argh!

You were goin on some crazy runs too. I'd be up and then bam! you'd launch a barrage of 3s and it was tied again. I've NEVER played an online game that buggy though. That was so bad it was laughable:lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
GG washed up Jobber :p

You almost had that comeback,scared me. Your bench was insane and was taking it to mine.

Toooooo much Tmac and Yaozer!

I made a mistake

I gave up on playing 1/2 through the 2nd.

oops.

How does a team go on a run for 7 minutes??????

Admins: can I get a game on my court for a change? kthxbi

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Anyone up for a scrimmage?

I want to test out my new players (Battier, Brooks, and Shannon Brown).

k

show up by 2am or i'm going to cry myself to sleep

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
I made a mistake

I gave up on playing 1/2 through the 2nd.

Heart of a champion here.

jobber

ChrisJames said:
Sorry, I need some sleep.

GG Jobber.

GG

Defensive basketball games are always fun

Smokey Bones said:
such a positive attitude you've got there mr. jobber

the rules suck.

I had to stop myself on fast breaks during my epic comeback because I had no idea how many points I had in the paint. I also wanted to move Bowen to the SG position to match up with T Wack since the defensive POS didn't work, but that would be against the rules.

Smokey

jobber said:
GG

Defensive basketball games are always fun

the rules suck.

I had to stop myself on fast breaks during my epic comeback because I had no idea how many points I had in the paint. I also wanted to move Bowen to the SG position to match up with T Wack since the defensive POS didn't work, but that would be against the rules.

1. FB points don't count towards your in the paint points

2. I see nothing in the rules that say you cannot move a player in the player match up screen to guard another player.

3. You could've paused the game during a timeout or when you had the ball to see your PIP if you REALLY wanted to. I'm sure matrix wouldn't of cared.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Yes they do. You can minus your 2nd chance points however...

Ok but even then if you're trying to comeback whos gonna stop a fastbreak and let the D catch up if you're trying to comeback from being down so much. #2 and #3 still stand from my OP.

akaballa said:
Smokey set a time for tonight and i will retreat the schedule for you guys to play.

9PM- 10PM central time. Anytime between that range Malley.

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Ok but even then if you're trying to comeback whos gonna stop a fastbreak and let the D catch up if you're trying to comeback from being down so much. #2 and #3 still stand from my OP.

Stop and pop at the free throw line on some breaks if you have so many opportunity's.. We are trying to limit dunk fests, as they were many in past seasons.

This shouldn't be an issue...

Matrix

Jobber,you could have paused at any time to check. You also could have switched Bowen,I don't see why you cant do that.

I also stopped on some of my fast breaks and pulled up for long 3's...

I don't feel bad for you! You always go 1-1 against me anyway during the seasons.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Stop and pop at the free throw line on some breaks if you have so many opportunity's.. We are trying to limit dunk fests, as they were many in past seasons.

This shouldn't be an issue...

Stop and pop at the free throw line...if you're trying to come back or your down by a bunch just b/c of PIP? That's dumb man.

Matrix said:
Jobber,you could have paused at any time to check. You also could have switched Bowen,I don't see why you cant do that.

I also stopped on some of my fast breaks and pulled up for long 3's...

I don't feel bad for you! You always go 1-1 against me anyway during the seasons.

That's what I was saying. There's nothing wrong with re-arranging your defensive matchups so that you have a better chance on a certain player. He could've done things but it seems like it's always something with jobs from not wanting to play new people to coming on here saying "oh I stopped playing 1/2 way or w/e". It's just nothin' but excuses. I dunno if he's always been like that b/c it's my first year in the league but enough w/ the excuses. You've got arguably the best team in the game but it's always something.

Matrix

Thats just the way Jobber is,it's his act :lol I find it awesome,though I don't agree with his not playing some of the new guys crap.

Unless the new player is cheesing or breaking the rules,no reason why he cant play them or get in touch with them.

Jobber's game is washed up and it's hard for him to admit it.

Smokey

Malley I told AKA we'd play at 9pm - 10pm central, but I haven't seen you post in here since I made that OP. Is that an ok time for you?

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Stop and pop at the free throw line...if you're trying to come back or your down by a bunch just b/c of PIP? That's dumb man.

How much do you average per game as a team? I'll give u the answer it is 80 PPG.. Please tell me the problem of scoring 50 of 80 in the paint in a single game..

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
How much do you average per game as a team? I'll give u the answer it is 80 PPG.. Please tell me the problem of scoring 50 of 80 in the paint in a single game..

You're not understanding what I'm saying so we'll agree to disagree. I'm not arguing about how the limit of 50 PIP is ridiculous, b/c it's not. I'm saying that if you're down and trying to comeback and you play some really good defense and you still the ball your running down the court for a layup to tie the game but *wait* you're at 50 PIP w/ 2 minutes left in the game. So now you have to decide to lay the ball up and tie the game but go over PIP or pull up at the free throw line b/c. That's what I'm arguing about. That's dumb. I'm coming from a situational point of view you're looking at it from a "it's a rule" POV.

Malley are we go for tonite??

Fifty

The 2K servers are FUCKED UP. How the hell can the game have 0 lag and then yet still boot me from a ton of my games. Shitty shitty shitty.

jobber

teh patch!

Gameplay:

OTFC (On The Fly Coaching) Duping – There was an issue in the game where multiple players could be set to guard a single player simultaneously. We have isolated the cause of this and rectified the problem.

DPC and Offball (Online) – We inadvertently shipped the game with the DPC and Offball Control features disabled for online games. These features functioned properly in the offline version of the game. For this patch, they have been enabled for use in online.

Online Free Throw Issue – There was an online issue where the first free throw would essentially drop out of the sky (due to framerate issues) and the user would always miss it. This issue has been addressed.

Layup Strips – We have tuned layup strips to happen at a more frequent rate. They weren’t firing off as much as we wanted.

Layup % - Based on consumer feedback, users should notice an increase in the percentage of layup / close to the basket shots made. We felt that solid players were missing too many “gimmies”.

Layup Holes – There were some layup holes which would cause players to shoot jumpshots into the bottom of the rim right underneath the basket. These holes have been identified and fixed.

Layup Removal – The 360 circus layup was removed from the game. Consumers felt strongly that this layup didn’t fit the scope of our gameplay.

Mirrored Plays – We now mirror plays in appropriate situations to minimize crossing. This removes a lot of clutter that was occurring during the setup of plays.

Up-and-Under – The up-and-under mechanic shipped with the game did not work as intended. It should now be functioning properly.

Fadeaway Shot Fix – We identified and fixed the issue where players would shoot unwanted fadeaways after catching the ball on occasion.

Hop Step Cheese – The Hop Step was identified as a huge “cheese” exploit by our online consumers. Players will now lose the ball on occasion if they attempt to exploit this move.

Pump Fake Breakout – We now allow the ballhandler to exit the pump fake animation early to improve their ability to drive around the faked out defender.

Lock-On D – Changes to the mechanic were made in an effort to fix odd defender movements. Big men should be less effective as well when using this feature.

Defensive Player Reaction – Player reactions on defense have been minimized in an effort to mimic more realistic behaviors.

Spinout/UB Dunk Exploits – Fixes were implemented for the Post Spinout and UB (Under Basket) Dunking exploits that were identified by our consumers.

3 In The Key – Our ‘3 In The Key’ violation timer has been adjusted to be a little less forgiving. Keep your guys moving!

Queued Passes – There was a bug where queued passes would fail when certain isomotion moves were executed. The animations in question have been addressed such that the passes work properly.

Double Team Exploit – Changes were implemented to prevent users from exploiting double teams. They should no longer be the strategy of choice for online players.

new life!
dwarf.jpeg

btw: i didn't read a single replay to my earlier post because I'm sure people are saying i'm bitching or whatever(but i've been saying the same thing since preseason!)

Matrix beat me. I take nothing away from his victory. I hate being handcuffed. That's all.

I have no idea who I play next, but can the game be played in the AT&T?

Fifty

That's fantastic. Forgetting to include off the ball control online was a huge mistake and I'm glad to hear they've fixed it. Same with layups, FT's, and lock on D working so well with big men. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Is it out now? If not, do you know when it's releasing?

jobber

Fifty said:
That's fantastic. Forgetting to include off the ball control online was a huge mistake and I'm glad to hear they've fixed it. Same with layups, FT's, and lock on D working so well with big men. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

Is it out now? If not, do you know when it's releasing?

It's out for PS3 today

360? I have no idea. I guess next week after it's been cleared by MS

Howdy folks. I know most of you guys are antsy for the patch, so I thought I'd provide you with a quick overview of what is going on and what changes you can expect in the patch. MS is going to release this information on their site once the patch gets released, but here is an overview.

The NTSC PS3 patch will be hitting first (should be this week actually). This will be followed shortly thereafter by the PAL/NTSC patches for the 360. Finally, the PAL PS3 patch will come after that. I don't have hard dates for you guys, this stuff all changes on a whim.

Matrix

jobber said:
Matrix beat me. I take nothing away from his victory. I hate being handcuffed. That's all.

Thanks,I do agree on feeling handcuffed when it comes to PIP in certain situations.

Patch sounds great,lets hope it all works and ughhh at PS3 users getting it first.

Awesome news regarding the patch. Shitty that it's probably not going to come out until next week, though. Hopefully the league will pick up some steam because of it...

I'm playing SniffinDrawas tonight, so that will be one more game down.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Awesome news regarding the patch. Shitty that it's probably not going to come out until next week, though. Hopefully the league will pick up some steam because of it...

I'm playing SniffinDrawas tonight, so that will be one more game down.

Yeah seeing how Sniffin likes to "use" that hopstep move..the patch can't come soon enough and I hope you beat him.

Smokey Bones said:
Yeah seeing how Sniffin likes to "use" that hopstep move..the patch can't come soon enough and I hope you beat him.

We just got d/c'd with 3 minutes to go, me down by 7, but I had Sheed coming in off the bench and I had momentum on my side. Anyways, we're going to replay it now. Wish me luck!

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
We just got d/c'd with 3 minutes to go, me down by 7, but I had Sheed coming in off the bench and I had momentum on my side. Anyways, we're going to replay it now. Wish me luck!

Is he attempting to do the hop step w/ you too?

Wow. Probably one of the most intense games I've ever played.

We had some crazy ass lag. The game was basically SpaceJam 2k8, because we had to continually work our way to the hoop and slam it home. We both had to make some clutch FT's at the end of regulation to take it to OT. I was up by 4 in the 1st OT with a minute to go, but he manages to come back. Finally, in the 2nd OT I was able to pull away.

Ahh, it's always fun taking down #1 (in the standings).

-and he did attempt to hop step a few times, but it resulted in traveling calls twice because the lag was so crazy.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
Wow. Probably one of the most intense games I've ever played.

We had some crazy ass lag. The game was basically SpaceJam 2k8, because we had to continually work our way to the hoop and slam it home. We both had to make some clutch FT's at the end of regulation to take it to OT. I was up by 4 in the 1st OT with a minute to go, but he manages to come back. Finally, in the 2nd OT I was able to pull away.

Ahh, it's always fun taking down #1 (in the standings).

-and he did attempt to hop step a few times, but it resulted in traveling calls twice because the lag was so crazy.

GOOD SHIT

*internet high five*

Although I guess it doesn't matter too much as of now..I've only lost to sniffin and aka both who are ahead of me because of it even though we're all 8-2.

So we're buds now until I play you in 2 games:lol :D

Matrix

I cant seem to check the 2k site.

How many people are 8-2 besides me?

smokey you sent me a message on live for a game? How about tomorrow night,I'm dead tired and just played two games with Fifty.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I cant seem to check the 2k site.

How many people are 8-2 besides me?

smokey you sent me a message on live for a game? How about tomorrow night,I'm dead tired and just played two games with Fifty.

AKA, sniffin, me, you

Those are the standings and we're all now 8-2, w/ my 2 losses coming from aka and sniff and one of yours coming from me so it all makes sense.

and yeah I saw u on and wanted to see if you wanted to run ill hit you up tomorrow if i get on.

Top Bottom