• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

JuanMR2

AkaBalla said:
Juan your playing Atlanta.. His aim is xsniffindrawz he still hasn't recieved forum access for some reason...

Messaged him on AIM around 9:30pm and haven't got a reply from him. He's still set to away. I'm headed out tomorrow night, but I'll try to play him before I leave. See you guys in Season 4 or late Season 3 if you need a replacement.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
When one of the league's longest-standing players 'just doesn't want to play', that right there is DRAMA!

Not really....I was on the way to a 40 point win.

AkaBalla

Jube3 said:
Would it be better to just do flex schedule?

League owners please answer this for me! We've been down this road before...

We have 4-5 days to play 1 game.. That shouldn't be a problem for anyone..

jobber

AkaBalla said:
League owners please answer this for me! We've been down this road before...

We have 4-5 days to play 1 game.. That shouldn't be a problem for anyone..

6kfanew.jpg

Fifty

For once Jobber's joke goes over my head.

I think there could be a poll on that issue on the league site. I'm not 100% sure what I'd vote for..I think a lot of our problems have been disconnections (servers fault).

Smokey

AKA I hope we can play, 2k's servers are unavailable as of now.

About flex schedule, I'm not in favor of it. I like everybody being on the same page. If anything I think the amount of days alloted for the games to be played should be shortened. Like 2 days, or 3 at max. It would keep the league obviously more active, and this thread probably more active because there would be more communication. The way it is now, it's like 5 days to play a game and as a result it feels sort of like the league is dragging on.

Sorry for the long winding explanation but I just feel like the days to play should be shorted and that would fix a lot of things. Some people may say I work I go to school blah blah, well most of us do but signing up for the league should have been a commitment and 1 hour to play out of every 2-3 days shouldn't be that hard...

i am in talks to trade Stephen Jackson. if we can't work out a deal he will be on the block. i can't get his timing down and i have enough good SG's without him.

i am in desperate need of a SF to backup barnes (or for barnes to back him up!)

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i am in talks to trade Stephen Jackson. if we can't work out a deal he will be on the block. i can't get his timing down and i have enough good SG's without him.

i am in desperate need of a SF to backup barnes (or for barnes to back him up!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jobber

wait wait wait...

the devs are playing online games right now but I can't connect to the 2K servers

wtf????????

edit: it wasn't just me...I was able to get on the server and 2 people were on :lol

AkaBalla

Still around..

BTW does anyone utilize aim when there PC is on and when there home? It would make things go along alot smoother and quicker instead of checking a thread every half hour!....

I would vote for no flex schedule and possibly shorter interval between games, but I don't know if that's the answer. I think the main problem is that some people just aren't making the effort to get their games in.

Flex schedule would be fun, but some people (like me) would have all their games done within a week and then we'd have to wait for a while. It might be something worth considering for the final 4 weeks or something if it seems like the season is dragging on.

Maybe we should put it up for a vote.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Still around..

BTW does anyone utilize aim when there PC is on and when there home? It would make things go along alot smoother and quicker instead of checking a thread every half hour!....

Damn I probably missed you. I thought you weren't coming so I went out for the nite.

If you are still up and want to play we can, I just accepted your FR.

Fifty

Well, after a first quarter disconnection Matrix and I got our game in. I felt I played like I should have lost by 8 at the worst, yet I lost by 18.

My guys went totally, utterly ice cold in the 2nd half. I guess this game really (more so than real life even) relies on hot/cold streaks. I had tons of reasonably good 3's that just missed, and at least 5 ridiculously easy layups missed..those really pissed me off. I deserved to lose because I forced the 3's, but I didn't play that bad..

The only fun part in the second half was Bosh getting a 22/20 game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
52 POINTS IN THE PAINT 52 OUT OF 77! :p

GG Fifty,what won the game for me was the fluke game Head had for me.I never shoot that well with him.

Aka I think the points in the paint rule should go up to 60 or something,when a team goes ice cold like Fiftys did he has no choice but to try to score inside.

I had 27/19 with Yao,was trying hard for that last rebound :(

Fifty

That's 52 without subtracting the second chance points..of which I had plenty. So yeah, I didn't come close to breaking AKA's rule.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
That's 52 without subtracting the second chance points..of which I had plenty. So yeah, I didn't come close to breaking AKA's rule.

I was joking anyway,I still think the rule is still kinda annoying when the other team goes cold.

Fifty

Wow..and that's Phoenix..a team that has basically the best shooters in the league.

Poor Nash and Bell only took 1 three each..(0/2) I could have used them when everyone on my team decided to start missing open 3's.

Fifty

Anyone want Anthony Parker? He's a 78 rated SG with a very high 3 point rating who likes long walks on the beach and puppies. I'd be looking to get back a SG of roughly the same overall rating (give or take a couple points) or a SF.

Matrix

Anyone interested in Mike James? Also have Shane Battier for trade! :eek:

Matrix

Send trades my way...

I'm looking for a PF that could actually put the ball in the hoop or another SG.

I might be seriously interested in Battier... Let me go check out his ratings and shooting motion.

Note to all interested parties; My players on the block are:
SG: Flip Murray (73), Rodney Stuckey (75).
SF: Jarvis Hayes (73),
PF: Maxiell (77), McDyess (77), or Amir Johnson (72 i think).

Smokey

Aka we'll probably have to run Sunday or Monday evening. I'm leaving to dallas here in a few, but should be back Sunday afternoon/evening.

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
Matrix, I sent you a trade proposition. Feel free to make a counter-offer that's more to your liking, if you wish.

Id rather have a Antonio McDyess/Flip Murray *I like lefy shooters* combo.

Matrix

Cool,trade accepted.

BTW CB we need to go back and play our game sometime,I dont like having a loss I dont deserve :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just letting everyone know that ....

I'm Back

I might be available tonight later and I will be available tomorrow afternoon and evening. So if I missed a game with you lets start talking.

AkaBalla

Orlando @ Boston - We will be playing this either tonight or Monday

Miami @ LA Clippers -

Washington @ Cleveland - Truelize is up and running

New Jersey @ Utah -

LA Lakers @ Charlotte -

Whats the status of the rest of the games? Deadline is Monday @ 11pm est..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Jube and I had an awesome game this afternoon. I think he wound up winning by 5 but at one point I was down over 20. I fought back and we both shot the lights out in the second half. Well I guess he must have had some bad stretches for me to catch up. But the flow of the game was fun. Definitely not a defensive game at all. I barely had enough time to even get in front of his player long enough to slow the fast break after every time I scored.

Well I'm back and I still have a bunch of games to play.

And I still need a PF badly.

Top Bottom