• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

JuanMR2

Shawnwhann said:
Is Juan in the league?!? I cant play my game two of preseason yet.

Anyone up for a game?!?

Barely received coffin from Microsoft today, shipping it out in the morning.

Give em hell FMT.
belinelli.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm falls again to the Mac Attack! :D

DMczaf

T-Mac actually sucked that game compared to his others, what beat me was Head and Alston all of a sudden showing up in the 4th. Where was that in the Playoffs!

Auto-Subs are great, my starters played the entire game :lol

I hate the post game in this game, Deng would repeatedly go for standing jump shots out of the post when I would try to do a fade away or turn around jump shot. Its like the game ignores that I was in the post and just goes to a generic standing jump shot.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha true Tmac didnt play that great,but its Tmac and he hit 50% of his 3's!

I :lol'ed when scola did that Shaq dunk on two of your guys.

Head was clutch :D I took fat Bonzi out and it worked like last year's regular season games.

Hmmmm I didnt have issues in the post,then again I wasnt posting up :p

DMczaf

Lets go again, I need to get back in the groove after the week off and with the league about to start.

Ebony and Ivory need practice (Practice?!)

Matrix

:lol

Ok you send the challenge.

Matrix

I got kirked :(

It's so hard to win on the road in this game.

DMczaf

Finally T-Mac had his "I'm going to shoot nothing but jumpers" game. The less T-Mac in the paint, the better!

I haven't seen the Kobes and Lebrons yet :(

Matrix

You dont want to see Kobe and Lebron,they make Tmac look like Alston on the court :(

Zep

Banned
DMczaf said:
T-Mac actually sucked that game compared to his others, what beat me was Head and Alston all of a sudden showing up in the 4th. Where was that in the Playoffs!

Auto-Subs are great, my starters played the entire game :lol

I hate the post game in this game, Deng would repeatedly go for standing jump shots out of the post when I would try to do a fade away or turn around jump shot. Its like the game ignores that I was in the post and just goes to a generic standing jump shot.

you can set the right analog to "absolute"(in options)...And not be random like before.

AkaBalla

The league website is updated, please check out the Rules and let me know if you have any suggestions.

I think we may just go with no flex schedule even though the vote decided to go for flex. We will have a few admins to help out with game resets and stuff so this wont be a problem.

I would like to get started by tonight but if not Thursday night the latest. We have 16 owners and by tomorrow night @ 9pm est whatever even number we have thats what were going with. If it stays @ 16 then 4 guys will not be able to participate.

There's also a waiting list for replacements, which in fact is nice to have to use these guys as fill ins when needed. I suspect 2 people will be flaking out due to a 360 problem or even not being good at the game (Sorry FMT). :lol

DCX

DCX
Points in the paint is going to be a problem i think...but i don't know. I don't have a shooting team. My main scorers are my bigs, so if i have 49 PIP and i have 2 minutes left i have to run a high screen, high post offense because i would violate rules? Shoot jumpers when the game is on the line...i don't know Aka.

DCX

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Points in the paint is going to be a problem i think...but i don't know. I don't have a shooting team. My main scorers are my bigs, so if i have 49 PIP and i have 2 minutes left i have to run a high screen, high post offense because i would violate rules? Shoot jumpers when the game is on the line...i don't know Aka.

DCX

On average how many points are u making inside the paint? So if you scored 85 points in a single game and u had 60 PIP thats garbage DCX..

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
On average how many points are u making inside the paint? If a game is 90-70 and u have 60 points in the paint thats garbage.
Depends on the game dude. I i'm 3-25 from the outside i'm going to pound the paint, would you? I have yet to get these type of numbers, but i'm just saying. It's like the not going for it on 4th downs in madden only when u are behind, so if tied in the fourth on the one yard line with 5 seconds to go, i would break the rules to try to win...

DCX

Fifty

I think it's good to have the rule there to help combat cheesers but I just worry that someone will bitch after a legit cheese free loss because their opponent has, let's say 60 points in the paint in regulation. As long as they're not using exploits to score points in the paint or repeating the same tactic again and again we should be a bit subjective with it. IMO it's how you get the points, not where. But yeah, I'm planning on playing realistically of course, I'm just bringing this up now since I love to fast break and have for years.

The real NBA has 35-45 PIP on average, so 50 is a generous number for this. There just might be a couple weird games where more happen in the flow of the game, cleanly.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I think it's good to have the rule there to help combat cheesers but I just worry that someone will bitch after a legit cheese free loss because their opponent has, let's say 60 points in the paint in regulation. As long as they're not using exploits to score points in the paint or repeating the same tactic again and again we should be a bit subjective with it. IMO it's how you get the points, not where. But yeah, I'm planning on playing realistically of course, I'm just bringing this up now since I love to fast break and have for years.
Exactly...within the flow of the offense, and depends on the team. The Spurs should have a ton of points in the paint because of Tim and their guards drive the lane, with TP floaters in the paint and Manu trying to dunk on the whole NBA.

DCX

AkaBalla

Dont forget we are going to minus 2nd chance buckets from the total of the PIP.. So if you scored 60 PIP in the game and had 12 2nd chancers. Guess what u didnt brreak the rule becuase you had 48 PIP.

Does that make sense?

I wouldn't think we would see a game where someone scored 66 PIP and didnt have any 2nd chance buckets. If that was the case you would know darn well someone attacked the rim every time down the floor.

And the averages Fiddy posted, 35-45 avergae per game in the NBA? They play 12 min quarters we are playing 8 minutes. If you shoot 3-25 from the field in the first half no NBA team would say just pound the ball downlow vs Garnett and Company..

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Dont forget we are going to minus 2nd chance buckets from the total of the PIP.. So if you scored 60 PIP in the game and had 12 2nd chancers. Guess what u didnt brreak the rule becuase you had 48 PIP.

Does that make sense?

I wouldn't think we would see a game where someone scored 66 PIP and didnt have any 2nd chance buckets. If that was the case you would know darn well someone attacked the rim every time down the floor.

And the averages Fiddy posted, 35-45 avergae per game in the NBA? They play 12 min quarters we are playing 8 minutes. If you shoot 3-25 from the field in the first half no NBA team would say just pound the ball downlow vs Garnett and Company..
Curry and Randolph say hi :p I'm just saying...i would hate to lose a game becuase i had 51 pip.

DCX

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Curry and Randolph say hi :p I'm just saying...i would hate to lose a game becuase i had 51 pip.

DCX

Randolph doesnt score all his points in the paint? He's a perimeter shooter as well as a 3 point shooter as well as a post player. Just like Marbury said he's a lefty and he tricks you because when you defend him and he goes up for the shot they think he's shooting right but he shoots left.

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Randolph doesnt score all his points in the paint? He's a perimeter shooter as well as a 3 point shooter as well as a post player. Just like Marbury said he's a lefty and he tricks you because when you defend him and he goes up for the shot they think he's shooting right but he shoots left.
Marbury says alot! He's my cuz from my left fam, with the tricky hips.

DCX

Fifty

I think these rules are for the best, considering that the two best players have KG and Duncan. Oh yeah, let's let them pound the ball inside every play! :lol

I do however think that if DCX were to get a few more PIP against me than the rule allows, I'd have no problem with it if he wasn't exploiting the game. That's all I'll say for now. It probably won't even be an issue.

Looking forward to the season! Smitch and Bosh together at last!

Matrix

I'm home and free all day....unless I pass out.

Anyone want to play a practice game now?

Fifty

I'm finishing up some work now but I should be home with the game in a couple hours. If your crazy cocaine lovin' partying self hasn't passed out, Tara Reid style by then I'd love to get my first game in.

Matrix

:lol :lol

Ok cool,just pm me or post in here.

Matrix

Couldnt buy a shot in the first quarter *sigh*

And I hate how my team gets all out of wack when I use lockdown D,I dont know wtf happens ,but ill have like a PF guarding a pg,makes me give up so many wideopen shots.

I hate my lack of bigs on the bench,no backup center sucks.

Also Pierce can suck it for making the shot from beyond half court! :( f-ing Tmac misses a wideopen layup under the hoop and Pierce pulls that shit out of his ass.

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
And I hate how my team gets all out of wack when I use lockdown D,I dont know wtf happens ,but ill have like a PF guarding a pg,makes me give up so many wideopen shots.

You were pressuring me once i got over hallfcourt that could have something to do with it as i was passing around it. Also if you hit your play calling and hit man to man then they will reset. But if you lose track of your defender the next defender will try to help you out.

I hate my lack of bigs on the bench,no backup center sucks.

Trade one of your 6 PG's for a big...:lol

Also Pierce can suck it for making the shot from beyond half court! :( f-ing Tmac misses a wideopen layup under the hoop and Pierce pulls that shit out of his ass.

Those layups Tmac missed you forced those up. I remember using my big to jump for the block and using my lockon defender to put some body on Tmac. You just have to be careful when going into the lane.

Some tips though for using yao. I would go into 1 on 1 and practice Yao's post up moves. Once you've done that i would run a slow half court offense and isolate Yao in the post vs 1 on 1.

Matrix

That was a f-ing disgusting game DCX :lol AWFUL FOR BOTH OF US

Thanks for the tips aka.

I do the man to man D about 98% of the time and it still f's up.

DCX

DCX
68-58 Knicks with 46 points in the paint. 4 Second chance points. Fast breaks = points in the paint...i mean i could have lost this game if i would have made two more layups becuase of the 50 pip rule. Now i ask Matrix, did i cheese it up, or was the game fair and cheese free :p

DCX

Fifty

Matrix is off to a good start, whining-wise. T Mac and Yao and he's complaining about his backups! I feel bad for the people with legitimately crappy teams, and for once, for ONCE that does not include me! Division Champs! Underrated express coming through!

I just got the game. Time for me to start bitching as well. Last year I was so into the 2K leagues, I ran the 2nd one and insisted we do a fantasy league as a third one. I think that was a failure... Anyway, my life as I knew it is now officially gone with this and Madden in the picture.

Matrix

Well that fact is we both couldnt buy a shot from outside,if you hadnt of been shooting from outside I would have said you cheesed :p

We both shot plenty from outside we just couldnt hit anything,so of course you have to go to the paint to score.

Only thing that bothered me on the O side was you used the Y hop step twice,I know it was only twice all game and its no big deal in the long run,but I hate it :(

Fifty its the fatigue that makes me whine about Yao,with no backup,he gets tired so quickly and I have no legit sub for him.

Im not really whining about Tmac,he's off and on like real life.

Matrix

Saw that pm,replied,ill be right back.

I'M HUNGRY!

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
I do the man to man D about 98% of the time and it still f's up.

Right and while your in man to man and there's a mismatch you need to hit man to man from your playcalling screen then the mismatch will switch to the regular matchup.

Matrix

Gotcha,ill do that when I mess up against Fifty.

So after Fifty and Malley join the league, we'll have 18. I'm not sure if there's anyone else who has yet to sign in or not...

It'd be titties if we could start tonight because I'm going to be gone from Friday-Sunday.

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
So after Fifty and Malley join the league, we'll have 18. I'm not sure if there's anyone else who has yet to sign in or not...

It'd be titties if we could start tonight because I'm going to be gone from Friday-Sunday.

Alright Chris we'll see what we can do..

Fifty

Just played my first game. I didn't even know what B did and I have no idea how lockdown D works :lol The manual isn't so good.

Quick thoughts (since I missed out on the official 2K8 thread

- Maybe it's just because I haven't played 2k7 in about 8 months but this game feels slower, animation-wise. There's a definite change to the way physics/momentum works. Charges feel more real, although the reactions can be a bit delayed at times. Shots seem to take longer to execute from a standstill as well.

- Layups are less forgiving. Not exactly broken, although I'd bump the slider up by quite a bit. We missed a ton, but many of them, especially T Mac in the first half, were poor choices.

- Man, there are a billion camera angles. More than ever.. I always was a 2K view man but I'm wondering if there's something better out there. Maybe just a more zoomed in version of 2K cam. I've gotta play north/south

-I need to learn at least the basics of iso motion. is there a good resource that lists how to do the various moves?

The online post game is AMAZING. The game's menus look like shit IMO but the fact that you can view individual player highlights is groundbreaking. What blew me away was the top 3 plays feature. I don't know how in the world they do it.. We didn't have the greatest game, but there were more than a few impressive plays, but the game actually found the 3 undeniably best plays and showed them. I couldn't believe it. I'd love for Madden to have that feature (they actually kind of do offline, but it's not part of the online game!)

Matrix

Lockdown button is the left trigger and yea the manual is crap.

Fifty it also seems to be harder to win on the road in this game,I almost always win at home and I still havent won a game online playing on another court :\

Yea I forced some T-mac layups,but I was also trying to draw some fouls...

then again Im not sure why,fts are f-ing hard.I couldnt believe you hit 50% of yours your first time online.

Fifty

FTs seem harder partially because THEY CHANGE THE CAMERA ANGLE after every attempt!

One big difference between EA and 2K. Both companies work on new features every year, but the difference is that EA shoves them down our throats and 2K DOESN'T LET YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO! As in:

-What are the white circles surrounding the players? If they have one of those and I press B (get open) will they try to get open?

- LB is 'offball control' ok, so what does that do?

- and of course lock on D, which has no explanation either

It's just silly that they seem to offer no explanation whatsoever for their new features. Have they no pride?

18 people now, how many are we waiting for?

AkaBalla

Jube and Widgetraf... So i'm leaning towards to generating the schedule now i guess. SniffinDrawz is Jubes friedn which i would feel bad that Jube got his friend in and he wasn't able to participate in the league after all his hard work he did to get us a new owner..

Ill think about it soon..

Maybe the schedule will be ready in a few hours.

edit: And for Widgetraf i'm not even sure where he has been....

DCX

DCX
AkaBalla said:
Jube and Widgetraf... So i'm leaning towards to generating the schedule now i guess. SniffinDrawz is Jubes friedn which i would feel bad that Jube got his friend in and he wasn't able to participate in the league after all his hard work he did to get us a new owner..

Ill think about it soon..

Maybe the schedule will be ready in a few hours.

edit: And for Widgetraf i'm not even sure where he has been....
Boy you don't read. It's been stated more than once he's done. He aint coming back. :D

DCX

AkaBalla

DCX said:
Boy you don't read. It's been stated more than once he's done. He aint coming back. :D

DCX

Where? Only people i know who backed out were Shamrock and Juan.... Widges last post sad he got D/Ced so im not sure where your reading there DCX.

DCX

Top Bottom