• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Fifty

What about FMT?

WHAT ABOUT FMT!?!?!?

I swore I didn't see my blood brother's name on that list. Glad I was wrong.

Fifty

Only if you tell me what the buttons do!

No, seriously I have to work right now. And by work I mean play Half Life 2. Ah the wonders of being self-employed

widgetraf

I'll join the leage tonight when I get home.

Also, I remember requesting a change to play the Clips this season. Can I sign up with the Clips? I used the Bucks with the preseason.

AkaBalla

widgetraf said:
I'll join the leage tonight when I get home.

Also, I remember requesting a change to play the Clips this season. Can I sign up with the Clips? I used the Bucks with the preseason.

Yes you can use the Clippers... Please sign up tonight by 9pm est.... Same goes for Jube..

both of you make 20 and the league is set.. Thanks for responding Widge

I think u can join the league through the website as well @ www.2ksports.com

Fifty

GG DM. I think this game will be real fun. That last possession did highlight a flaw in the 2K series (well, every b ball game really) it's hard to really clamp down on D when there's one last shot to be made. I scored easily with Bosh and you scored easily on a layup. It's part of videogame basketball life I guess.

One other thing. The game's AI has been upped considerably on D. The computer players all seem to play like Akaballa now, clogging the passing lanes and jumping up with their hand to knock down passes. You have to seriously think harder now before attempting risky passes...Even against a poor defensive team like the Raptors the players are jumping at everything.

Two questions before I can play any league games though

1. How do you call for picks? It used to be LB but now that's 'off ball control'

2. Speaking of LB, does anyone know what that button does? Or what B does?

I think I'm pretty good at the game aside from those questions. TJ Ford's upped ratings really benefit me as he's perfect for my playstyle

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i disagree 100% with the PitP rule

if I score 55 I'm going to take the L?

what kind of crap?

boot me.

I'd like to play a game with some of yall tonight. I am pretty sure my internet is fixed! I was able to play several games of NHL 08 today and I didn't get disconnected once. I used to not be able to make it past 3 minutes into the game (which is about 30 seconds in real life or something) and now it's fine.

It'd also be a good time to test my Shaq/Wade cheese meter!

Jube3

ChrisJames said:
OK, so we're just waiting on Jube. I sent him a PM just a minute ago, so hopefully he joins up soon.

Huh? I joined up a long time ago.

Edit: Whoa wait was it remade crap im doing it now sorry

Jube3

Ok i joined, was I kicked or something? I even checked it last night with coldblooded to see if the schedule was up but the 2k servers were down. Am i going crazy? :lol

Fifty

Who is dboythaGr8? The magic owner...

I have a proposition for him. This proposition involves The Raptors and Adonal Foyle.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Who is dboythaGr8? The magic owner...

I have a proposition for him. This proposition involves The Raptors and Adonal Foyle.

I will put a hard push on vetoing any Foyle to Toronto deals. :lol It's just not right.

DMczaf said:
League is full, lets get it started!

Gotta wait for Aka to generate the schedule.

I wonder if I can get Adam Morrison to come to Cleveland :)

Fifty

Foyle to Toronto would be so right. He's probably rated like 60 in the game. The Raptors lack size while the Magic have plenty. It's a no brainer. Adonal Foyle is my favorite NBA player and he could serve as my player-mascot. I nearly led the league in blocks with him last year. Only I can harness the incredible and ancient power of the Foyle.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Foyle to Toronto would be so right. He's probably rated like 60 in the game. The Raptors lack size while the Magic have plenty. It's a no brainer. Adonal Foyle is my favorite NBA player and he could serve as my player-mascot. I nearly led the league in blocks with him last year. Only I can harness the incredible and ancient power of the Foyle.

Is he really your favorite player? For seriously?

AkaBalla

Alright guys just got back from Special Olympics Basketball.. I freaking pumped..

Oh shit i shouldn't even be telling you guys this...:lol

Ok i'll generate the schedule now..

Flex schedule is off!

Game 1 will be due no later than Sunday night @ 9pm est....

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix lets roll!

VC is ready to crossover T-Mac eyes so they are straight again

So wait, Zep's in the league, but I thought his internet was screwed? And he's not on AIM...damn I want to play a game!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB,you still around?

DCX where you at mon frere?

Let's play our game. Nothing like opening night!

-eh, you probably went to bed. Guess I'll run a scrim with Pheeniks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit the 2k servers suck ass!

Holy shit what is fatigue set at,Yao has been tired all game starting from the end of the first!

Holy shit 2k booted CB and I...IM SHOCKED.

Now we have to play a whole game over.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Holy shit the 2k servers suck ass!

Holy shit what is fatigue set at,Yao has been tired all game starting from the end of the first!

Holy shit 2k booted CB and I...IM SHOCKED.

Now we have to play a whole game over.

I was winning :(

fucking lag throws me off all game and we are finally almost done and it lags out saying bad network conditions. fuck

Matrix

By only 2! :p with over 4 mins in the 4th.

Honestly though that game was pure shit cause of the pauses of lag.

Lets try for tomorrow night or something.I knew something was wrong when I first logged on to 2k and it took longer than usual to find settings etc.

DMczaf

Seriously, what the fuck is with FTs online. I just lost a 1 pt game because of this bullshit now.

They make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! It says I held the stick too long, and I release it like 4 secs before he releases the ball.

Cloudy

Banned
KOBE 2 CLUTCH! Drains 2 fts with 0.3 secs left on a bailout foul by Gordon :lol

PS: The fts need to be made a bit easier and the 3s are kinda ridiculous...

DMczaf

Fix the damn FTs, because the end of the games are just going to be foul-a-thons (like what Konex did in the final 2 mins even though I was only up by 1) and your whole game depends on a laggy FT system.

I just played a great exhibition with CJ, however, don't you guys just love how a full court press essentially means back court because somehow there's this magnet that allows you push the other guy back?

And yes please fix the FTs. And the layups!

Cloudy

Banned
DMczaf said:
Fix the damn FTs, because the end of the games are just going to be foul-a-thons (like what Konex did in the final 2 mins even though I was only up by 1) and your whole game depends on a laggy FT system.

I was 4/17 from the line. You should have put me away ^_^

DMczaf

Even with all the FTs earlier in the game, you still ended up with more FG attempts than me at the end because of my shitty bench rebounding. How am I supposed to score when I cant even get a defensive rebound with Wallace and Thomas out of the game for a rest. They had 32 of my 46 rebounds.

At least last year there was a rhythm to FTs, this year the game just randomly decides where the release point is game to game

Matrix

Fix the fatigue too.I put Yao on the bench after the first.He doesnt play in the 2nd quarter,plays a couple of mins in the 3rd still tired so I bench him and continue using Hayes :( The 4th comes and even with timeouts and subbing he was at 70 and that's with 4 mins left.

I just dont get it :\

FTS are just plain shit,I was making mine against Cb and he was missing *which kept me in the game*,but to make them I had to release the stick way early.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
FTS are just plain shit,I was making mine against Cb and he was missing *which kept me in the game*,but to make them I had to release the stick way early.

I would release sometimes almost right after I held down the stick and then the "Bad Release - Too Late" message would come up :lol

Do they want me to release it before I hold down the stick?!

Top Bottom