• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Do they want me to release it before I hold down the stick?!"

:lol

I swear I have to release it super early to get them to go in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Cloudy said:
Yes. Anything even close to open was drained EASILY..

psh. Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, And Richard Jefferson all missed wide open 3's in my game. id say its fine where it is

AkaBalla

Sorry guys it didnt save my sliders from earlier today.. Teh games that were played were all on default sliders..

I toned down the 3 point slider by 2, raised the layup slider a little, lowered dunks in traffic and put Blocking, Defensive Rebounds and Awareness up!.

And Sorry there is no free throw slider..

Maybe making a rule where you can only intentional foul wth less than 45 or 30 seconds in the game?

Free throws suck!

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
NBA 2k8 - makes being a madden commish look like a piece of cake!

good luck aka!

Besides this stuff that can be tweaked, the game is excellent. As mad as DM is for losing, I'm sure he'd admit that was a fun, intense game. I don't think either team's lead was more than 6 all game :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"teh games that were played were all on default sliders.."

:lol oops now im happy mine and Cb's game was booted

Any fatigue slider?

DMczaf

AkaBalla said:
Sorry guys it didnt save my sliders from earlier today.. Teh games that were played were all on default sliders..

I toned down the 3 point slider by 2, raised the layup slider a little, lowered dunks in traffic and put Blocking, Defensive Rebounds and Awareness up!.

And thats what I get for playing my game early. -_-

Cloudy

Banned
And Sorry there is no free throw slider..

Isn't there a FT assist meter? Or is that only offline?

It's so hard cos we're playing on HOF (it was fine for me in Superstar). I guess I have to adjust :p

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
Any fatigue slider?

I dont know Matrix if i raise the slider then Kobe will be able to play the whole game.. It's either Yao suffers or everyone is able to use there stars longer..

I'm fine with the fatigue slider now.. Maybe subbing Yao out of the first quarter by the 3 min mark and then playing with with 3 mins left in the 2nd quarter. He should have 100 fatigue by the 3rd..

Matrix

I have no issues making FT's offline on any setting,its online fts that are f-ed.

I'll try that Aka,if it doesnt work,DRAMA TIME!

Cloudy

Banned
Yao's baby lungs are a factor in the game? IT'S SOOOO REAL :lol

PS: Yeah you guys don't wanna see any more of Kobe :lol

Yeah, I think we need to have some sort of rule regarding intentional fouls late in the game. Otherwise, there's going to be a whole lot o' drama this year, because the FT's are so jacked.

Pheeniks and I had a good scrimmage. Very close game the whole way through. Wade had a SICK dunk... I love my team; I was tempted to offer one of my bigs to Matrix, but I need to just hold on to what I have.

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Besides this stuff that can be tweaked, the game is excellent. As mad as DM is for losing, I'm sure he'd admit that was a fun, intense game for. I don't think either team's lead was more than 6 all game :)

Sure it was fun, until the final 2 mins where I get to watch "Bad Release - Late/Early Release" over and over and over and over and over....

Its like I had no control over if I was going to win or lose.

CB3

I'm fine with the fatigue slider now.. Maybe subbing Yao out of the first quarter by the 3 min mark and then playing with with 3 mins left in the 2nd quarter. He should have 100 fatigue by the 3rd..

Yeah thats what i do with alot of my bigs. Both Jamal and Kristic were in the 70's by 3 minutes in the 2nd, so i used my 3rd Center to close out the end, and both of them were 100 at the start of the third

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
wanna try again matrix?

Give me 20 mins,lets try again at 1?

CB I dont have any other bigs :lol

konex you were intentionally fouling DM when he had a 1 point lead near the 2 minute mark? thats bogus and should be illegal! aka address this potential pitfall!

Cloudy

Banned
CJ, let's play our Madden 2morrow. I'm kind of sleepy now :\

konex you were intentionally fouling DM when he had a 1 point lead near the 2 minute mark? thats bogus and should be illegal! aka address this potential pitfall!

I did it like 1 or 2 times with very little time left. Like I said, the game was tight throughout. The only reason he lost was cos he hacked Kobe with 0.3 secs to go on a fadeaway prayer :lol

AkaBalla

How come it is always Konex who does these cheap things in league games..

In madden he was the jump pass abuser

In Hockey he was the person who just high sticks everyone

In Tennis he just rushes the net

In Ping Pong he just stands there

Now in 2k he is the Hack a Good foul shooter but i know he wont make it in a videogame hacker..

Oh Konex!

I will be putting a Intentional foul rule in place anyhow it just makes sense.

Matrix

I found my savior Jackie Butler! ITS ON NOW,KIRK SNYDER BENCHED.

Whooo another foul prone PF to backup Yao.

Aka,you forgot the Konex run out of the pocket with the QB as soon as he hikes the ball cheese play!

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
I hacked Ben Wallace one of the times. Even DM knows I wasn't cheap :lol

The ben wallace foul was later in the game, the others were you running around smashing the steal button and sending me to the line. It was either getting fouled and missing FTs, or you getting a steal and probably a fast break. Either way I lose in that situation.

I don't know what the hell 2K did to screw up FTs this badly in the span of one year. Its almost like they did it on purpose.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I don't know what the hell 2K did to screw up FTs this badly in the span of one year. Its almost like they did it on purpose.

Someone from EA work on the game this year?

Cloudy

Banned
Eh, this character assassination isn't fair. You only shot EIGHT fts the entire game (compared to my 17). If I was hacking you on purpose, wouldn't it be more? Unless you're saying I didn't commit any fouls earlier in the game? :D

DMczaf

I'm not saying you did cheese on purpose, but I'm pretty damn upset about the FT situation this year. If I have a 1 pt lead and I have Gordon and Hinrich (2 guys who shoot around 85%), I should feel confident I can ice the game (like I could last year), instead I'm scared of getting fouled. Thats kind of a big problem to have in a game.

I'm sure its going to cause a lot of drama as the season goes on and there are more close games where there will be fouling going on towards the end

Matrix

WTF it wont let CB and I complete a game :|

Ive played aka,dm,DCX and Fifty so far and didnt have any issues.

I also love calling for a post play and Yao doesnt go to the basket,he stands at the ft line :( Baby lungs and doesnt follow directions,2K hates Yao.

Matrix

Ive played all those games today,so im pretty sure im good.

The way my stuff is set up anyway I cant lose the router.

CB3

Matrix said:
Ive played all those games today,so im pretty sure im good.

The way my stuff is set up anyway I cant lose the router.

Yeah i have the Atnt uverse fiber optic stuff, so my router is pretty much set so i cant really change much

DCX I can play our game tomorrow night, but I'm not completely sure at what time... I all ready told some friends I'd hang out with them tomorrow, but it shouldn't be later than 10:30 EST.

I'll try to get home before that, though...

Fifty

:lol Pretty vicious start to the season.

We just have to hope that people learn how to hit FT's as the season progresses. This week we can let all of our bitching out to hopefully improve the sliders (they're never perfect though) and such

The fatigue with the default sliders in 5 minute games is almost non existent. I could have played my starters all game and they wouldn't drop below 75 I bet. Hopefully the 3 extra minutes per qtr fixes that problem and forces people to play subs as much as they would in reality, but there's no way I'd imagine making players take longer to tire out, as compared to the default ranked games.

AkaBalla

widgetraf said:
How about the weekend? Maybe Saturday afternoon or Sunday? Im just swamped this week with work/school. :(

Saturday Afternoon works for me.. What time are you shooting for? Its best for me to play from 11a-3 pm est.. Let me know

Fatalah

Hey nba2k8 fans.... I have a question. I can't seem to find this out anywhere...

Does the game have international teams of countries? I'd love that...

widgetraf

AkaBalla said:
Saturday Afternoon works for me.. What time are you shooting for? Its best for me to play from 11a-3 pm est.. Let me know

I might not be home until past noon here. I'll check online as soon as I get home (around 2pm PST) and maybe I can catch you on. If not, I will definitely make Sunday available for our match.

Fifty

Just played my first game.

Aka, you should put the game/week deadline on the league's main page.

There are a lot of lengthy dribbling animations that are hard to get out of in this year's game. That will lead to more backcourt/out of bounds calls than we're used to I predict.

Shame the game doesn't say that you're in a game and the score, like Madden. I got 3 requests to play during my game :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow when you go cold in this game you go COLD. I missed an incredible amount of layups in the first half whereas the Raptors were able to dunk on me at will. Bargnani backed Big Z up and dunked on him twice. Just crazy how he got pushed around. Bron shot 57% cause I was just going to the basket trying to dunks and fouls at the end of the game but everyone else combined shot 36%. Ouch.

My guards shot horribly. I couldn't find a release at all. They shot 8 for 32 combines. Yuck.

gg Fifty you murdered me.

I didn't hit the trigger on that free throw on purpose though I was trying to box out. So maybe when you are up 15 and someone does that to you you don't automatically do it right back cause you didn't need to.

Everyone please read this: when a team calls a timeout to do subs or whatever do NOT hit your A button repeatedly to get back to the game. If you did not call the timeout just sit and wait. If you hit the A button repeatedly it goes back to the game before the other team has a chance to rotate their lineup. This happened to me three times in my game today.

I repeat. If you do not call the timeout, make your subs if you want, then hit the B button and wait.

Matrix

'Everyone please read this: when a team calls a timeout to do subs or whatever do NOT hit your A button repeatedly to get back to the game. I you do not hit call the timeout just sit and wait. If you hit the A button repeatedly it goes back to the game before the other team has a chance to rotate their lineup. This happened to me three times in my game today.

I repeat. If you do not call the timeout, make your subs if you want, then hit the B button and wait."

Yea I mentioned that eariler,unless you pause the game this happens.When I was playing random douche bags they would do this to me.

Also my team is jacked,I had the subs set to auto to see what would happen and Francis was put in at the PF spot :lol I have to manually sub all the time,which is what I do anyway,but I had to test auto to see what it would do.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I know how you feel now though. The only other game I have played online is that one against you. I was missing power layups and Fifty had Ford hitting crazy reverse layups while being guarded by Big Z, Gooden and Hughes.

I was really surprised how often I was doubled teamed. It didn't really seem to do much cause you can actually pass the ball out of it this year. Is everyone else kinda looking to double the ball/best player? I'm asking cause I would rather learn how to play this game well and have a really strong league then want to throw my controller through the ground to china when things aren't going my way.

Is there anyway to make the free throws easier? I hit 1 for 7 this game. It seems completely random.

Fifty

Thanks for the timeout tip. Yeah, I'm sorry about shaking your screen on that one FT. I thought yours was intentional and I did it back, but considering the score I should have just taken it. I think Aka should amend the rules to reflect last year's GAF rule of not allowing people to shake the screen during FTs, or tell everyone that it's OK (I understand that yours was accidental Truelize)

I only doubled Bron and it yeah, I did it a lot because he's their entire team and he could score at will 1 on 1. I did it a bit more than I would in a 2nd game because this was only my second game ever of 2K8 and I had no idea how badly he'd beat me if I didn't do it. I can understand how frustrating it must be but I think you can expect people to do it a lot against you.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Shame the game doesn't say that you're in a game and the score, like Madden. I got 3 requests to play during my game :lol

It didn't even say you were playing an online game, thats why. It said you were in a Quick Game, not an Xbox Live game.

Come on 2K, its not that hard.

Truelize said:
Is there anyway to make the free throws easier? I hit 1 for 7 this game. It seems completely random.

Thats what pisses me off the most. Its random. I can deal with lag on FTs, if the lag was consistant. This year its like "Maybe this next FT has tons of lag, maybe the next one doesn't!"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Thanks for the timeout tip. Yeah, I'm sorry about shaking your screen on that one FT. I thought yours was intentional and I did it back, but considering the score I should have just taken it. I think Aka should amend the rules to reflect last year's GAF rule of not allowing people to shake the screen during FTs, or tell everyone that it's OK (I understand that yours was accidental Truelize)

I only doubled Bron and it yeah, I did it a lot because he's their entire team and he could score at will 1 on 1. I did it a bit more than I would in a 2nd game because this was only my second game ever of 2K8 and I had no idea how badly he'd beat me if I didn't do it. I can understand how frustrating it must be but I think you can expect people to do it a lot against you.

Yeah the doubling worked well to stop him but I once I remembered that you don't get the ball stripped automatically anymore and that the game lets you pass out of the double team if you take your time it didn't really bug me. I was actually waiting for it. Sucks that I couldn't hit a thing with any of my guards so that I could take advantage though. I think I use the R-trigger too much and get stuck in certain animations.

Why don't you get back on AIM so we can chat?

Fifty

Truelize said:
Why don't you get back on AIM so we can chat?

Because I'm waiting for an important phone call and because typically my conversations with people I just beat on AIM are unpleasant :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Because I'm waiting for an important phone call and because typically my conversations with people I just beat on AIM are unpleasant :lol

With me though? Since when? I'm more looking to chat with people to see what worked for them and what they did to be successful. Like I said I would rather everyone knew how to play the game well and it came down to execution then having one of two players know how to play the game extremely well and everyone else having good days and bad days.

That's how we used to treat the Madden leagues and it was way better. FMT or Wellie used to offer to get online and teach people how to play the game. It was a better community then. Now it's just people getting pissed at each other cause of some supposed exploit.

Top Bottom