• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Just so you know Lingse22 is a member of Neogaf he just lurks and I seriously don't know his Gaf user name. I will ask and pm you.

Also are we sure Interrogation is the best tie breaker. Seems to be the only mode that consistently ends in a tie with two good teams. In other words what happens if the tie breaker ends in a tie?

Oh and just an aside, on interrogation it benefits those that gave the respawn on a teammate ability. Not sure what level you unlock that, but I know myself and my group haven't.

Gaz_RB

Just so you know Lingse22 is a member of Neogaf he just lurks and I seriously don't know his Gaf user name. I will ask and pm you.

Also are we sure Interrogation is the best tie breaker. Seems to be the only mode that consistently ends in a tie with two good teams. In other words what happens if the tie breaker ends in a tie?

Oh and just an aside, on interrogation it benefits those that gave the respawn on a teammate ability. Not sure what level you unlock that, but I know myself and my group haven't.

Interesting points. I don't believe that the perk you are referring to is that much of a benefit. When I've used it, I found that it was actually quite limited in that it won't allow you to respawn on teammates if there are enemies about. I find it to be a waste of the large amount of loadout points it requires.

As for Interrogation being in the tournament, I feel that it is a good game type. Since this is a tournament and everyone is playing to win, I think it will be interesting to see, because in matchmaking it is often one team farming for points, which won't be happening in this tourney. It is a game mode that requires a lot of teamplay, so i think it works well for this situation.

As for your qualms about it being a bad tie breaker, I think that it will be fine. If for some reason it does end in a tie, than we will start the rotation over again with Supply Raid.

I am however, interested in hearing more opinions from those who have entered.

Double Elimination Tournament >> Please Please YESSSS

I believe that host should be swapped on every gametype. If a tiebreaker is necessary, it should be based off total score (highest or lowest) for host.

Also, LAKESIDE BROFIST EVERYONE

Edit: and lastly there shoudl definitely be no by/bye rounds for the first set of matches

Gaz_RB

If anyone can make me a 12 team double elimination bracket without that by problem, let me know. I can't seem to find an example without it.

I imagine I'm missing something though, because I don't quite understand the problem with it, because everyone still plays the same amount of matches, afaik. But I am new to this, so I'd love to be enlightened.

I'm assuming we can get 16 teams . I really hope we do. If it's a 12 team I guess you'll have to randomize 4 teams for by rounds.

I imagine I'm missing something though, because I don't quite understand the problem with it, because everyone still plays the same amount of matches, afaik. But I am new to this, so I'd love to be enlightened.

Technically 4 teams would get a free round win by (Waved through the initial chance to lose and drop to losers bracket immediately.)

edit: I think we need to get the thread title changed to try and attract the need for 4 more teams.

Moofers

I second the thread title change.

And hell yes to Lakeside. I didn't see the maps listed in the bracket page but I haven't looked at the op. I'd request Dam as well as Checkpoint while we're at it :)

Gaz_RB

I second the thread title change.

And hell yes to Lakeside. I didn't see the maps listed in the bracket page but I haven't looked at the op. I'd request Dam as well as Checkpoint while we're at it :)

It's in the update at the top of the OP, but the maps are Lakeside, Dam, and High School

It's in the update at the top of the OP, but the maps are Lakeside, Dam, and High School

9udBh8U.gif

If anyone can make me a 12 team double elimination bracket without that by problem, let me know. I can't seem to find an example without it.

If you can't get 16 teams you can do three 4 team brackets where each team plays the other 3 teams in their bracket. The three bracket winners and the best second place bracket team will advance to the semifinals where the winners play for the championship and the losers have a third place match.

Gaz_RB

If you can't get 16 teams you can do three 4 team brackets where each team plays the other 3 teams in their bracket. The three bracket winners and the best second place bracket team will advance to the semifinals where the winners play for the championship and the losers have a third place match.

Thanks man, I'll look into that.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
So Gaz for scheduling are you deciding it yourself or will you be talking to the teams to figure out the most optimal time?

Gaz_RB

So Gaz for scheduling are you deciding it yourself or will you be talking to the teams to figure out the most optimal time?

I will be talking to the teams. There is no way I could realistically set up a schedule without taking into account the availability of the actual teams haha

What are we going to do about starting boosters?

Also I'm in a team, so cross me off free-agent list!

Starting boosters will not be allowed in the tournament

TomShoe

Banned

Have you tried Challonge?

I imagine it would look something like this: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=zilahJS7RV

All matches will be streamed, so I imagine that would be enough.

Ohhhh ok. I misunderstood, I thought there would be no active streaming, but the games would be recorded and archived later. Got it!

EDIT: Also, is the bow glitched for anyone else? I can't see any of the arrows being shot and it's fucking impossible to figure out where it's coming from. Really pissing me off to add it on to the OP of it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Team: The Last Minute Heroes

Colingt255/skiesofwonder
Gav220886/GavinUK86
dkuch/TheLostBigBoss
DoubleDeazy2/DoubleTake

Matches: survivor and supply raid

We have a player from the UK, so the earlier the match (EST) the better!

Gray Matter

Fuck yea it's happening.

Also... One use boosters aren't even an option in private matches so no worries there.

for all you rule breakers out there :p

Maybe we should switch out Dam or Lakeside for Checkpoint. We have 2 long range maps and 1 medium. Lakeside/Checkpoint/High School would be Large/Small/Medium.

GavinUK86

So how's the streaming going to work? One player from each team gonna do it and post the link here or something?

Korten

Banned
Hey, my team is actually in need of a new fourth member! Is anyone who is experienced and willing to play some practice. PLEASE, either message me on here, or on PSN at Korten12!

Sooner rather than later is good.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think you can setup a delay when streaming directly from PS4. The standard twitch delay isn't enough

SnakeEyes

Banned
I know this might be a long shot, but does progress from the PS3 MP carry over to the PS4 version?

My copy of TLOU: R arrived today while I'm at work and I'm not at home, so can't check myself.

Korten

Banned
Updated team:

Team Ravagers
GAF - PSN
Korten - Korten12
Rhucoon (Not on GAF) - Rhucoon
Eios - MrTerrigood
Varshes - Godai
Supply Raid and Survivors

Gaz_RB

Åesop;124179695 said:
I don't think you can setup a delay when streaming directly from PS4. The standard twitch delay isn't enough

Damn, I think you're right, actually. I forgot that it isn't a twitch function, but a streaming program function.

Despite that, I'm not willing to sacrifice the streamed aspect of the tournament. I assume most people involved in the tournament won't cheat, and even if they do, I don't think it will offer a big enough advantage because there is still a 15+ second delay.

Top Bottom