• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Moofers

Damn, I think you're right, actually. I forgot that it isn't a twitch function, but a streaming program function.

Despite that, I'm not willing to sacrifice the streamed aspect of the tournament. I assume most people involved in the tournament won't cheat, and even if they do, I don't think it will offer a big enough advantage because there is still a 15+ second delay.
Agreed. I feel like if you're watching a screen then you are not focused enough on the game. Plus I already have plans to edit my team's video if we win some rounds :)

I thought the tourney was going to start next week! Guess I'm gonna be practicing for the next two days, I suck at Lakeside. Good luck everyone!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Damn, I think you're right, actually. I forgot that it isn't a twitch function, but a streaming program function.

Despite that, I'm not willing to sacrifice the streamed aspect of the tournament. I assume most people involved in the tournament won't cheat, and even if they do, I don't think it will offer a big enough advantage because there is still a 15+ second delay.

Can you set a twitch account to private so people can't view it unless they are followers? Then just publish the archive later?

Agreed. I feel like if you're watching a screen then you are not focused enough on the game. Plus I already have plans to edit my team's video if we win some rounds :)

You going to get everyone to record their viewpoints and send them to you? That would be cool

beta_fuse

Ok so I'm having problems with one of my teammates so if there are any free agents still looking for a team, Shivver Me Timbers is hiring.

Interesting points. I don't believe that the perk you are referring to is that much of a benefit. When I've used it, I found that it was actually quite limited in that it won't allow you to respawn on teammates if there are enemies about. I find it to be a waste of the large amount of loadout points it requires.

As for Interrogation being in the tournament, I feel that it is a good game type. Since this is a tournament and everyone is playing to win, I think it will be interesting to see, because in matchmaking it is often one team farming for points, which won't be happening in this tourney. It is a game mode that requires a lot of teamplay, so i think it works well for this situation.

As for your qualms about it being a bad tie breaker, I think that it will be fine. If for some reason it does end in a tie, than we will start the rotation over again with Supply Raid.

I am however, interested in hearing more opinions from those who have entered.

Fair enough. It just has been my experience that Interrogation ends in a tie much more frequently. On the PS3 version where my friends and I had everything unlocked the spawn on teammate was a huge plus. One of us can sneak into the back of their spawn and have others respawn on them.

That said I am cool if everyone else is. I am intrigued/excited to see how this plays out.

Gaz_RB

Fair enough. It just has been my experience that Interrogation ends in a tie much more frequently. On the PS3 version where my friends and I had everything unlocked the spawn on teammate was a huge plus. One of us can sneak into the back of their spawn and have others respawn on them.

That said I am cool if everyone else is. I am intrigued/excited to see how this plays out.

Well I appreciate the feedback! I just see it as another possible strategy to watch out for, rather than an overpowered one.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Hell yeah. Welcome, amigo

Thanks, we are stoked for the tourney!

By the way, sorry to the free agents that pm'd me after the team had formed. But I had over ten responses within a day so if you guys are willing to get together you should be able to form a team before the deadline hits. Just PM each other off the free agent list!

Moofers

You going to get everyone to record their viewpoints and send them to you? That would be cool

Yeah if they send me links to their vids I will gladly make a video of our experience in the tourney as long as we aren't getting rolled. Lol

Moofers

Sangre Por Sangre (Blood for blood) still needs a new 4th member! please contact me or BroadBandito if you're interested!

Unstable

I'm trying to form/find a team, I sent a pm to all the free agents. If anyone is interested or just wants to play, I'm on right now. Feel free to send me a PM/Message. My PSN is (UnstabieH2o) The L in Unstable is an i.

Moofers

What about just grouping the free agents together into teams if they can't get organized themselves? Deadline hits, boom, every FA is in a team made of the names above/below them on the list?

Gaz_RB

Update:

I've sent PM's to all the team "leaders" (whoever registered the team in this thread) in regards to times available. Get back to me as soon as you can, with Thursday night being the deadline for entry. If for some reason your team didn't get a message, let me know.

The final schedule for the weekend will be posted the second everyone has responded.

Thanks!

What about just grouping the free agents together into teams if they can't get organized themselves? Deadline hits, boom, every FA is in a team made of the names above/below them on the list?

I'm willing to do that, but there are a lot of hiccups with that involving lining up availability and commitment.

Gaz_RB

I'm willing to be an alternate for Gaz_NB if/when his team realizes he isnt any good :)

How I react to every single thing you ever say:

iMf0koFP31zjw.gif

Moofers

Update:
I'm willing to do that, but there are a lot of hiccups with that involving lining up availability and commitment.

True. At first I was thinking if your team of assigned FA's doesn't show up or whatever its your fault for not being more proactive in finding a team. But now that I think about it, it would suck to have some teams get an easy first round simply because they either didn't play anyone or the team only had half their players or something.

Gaz_RB

True. At first I was thinking if your team of assigned FA's doesn't show up or whatever its your fault for not being more proactive in finding a team. But now that I think about it, it would suck to have some teams get an easy first round simply because they either didn't play anyone or the team only had half their players or something.

Yeah, I'd rather have a team of committed, team players, rather than a randomly assigned team.

Dinosur

I'm trying to form/find a team, I sent a pm to all the free agents. If anyone is interested or just wants to play, I'm on right now. Feel free to send me a PM/Message. My PSN is (UnstabieH2o) The L in Unstable is an i.

PMed you to hopefully maybe get a team together (if you'll have me and we're close to same time zone).

If that falls through, I'll throw myself in the ever increasing free agent pool.

PSN: forensick
central time zone
Friday: after ~7pm Sat/Sun: all day (please not the morning)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
New name, same team (with 1 change in roster spot). The Last Minute Heroes are now:

The Left Behind

Colingt255/skiesofwonder
Gav220886/GavinUK86
unstableH2o/Unstable
DoubleDeazy2/DoubleTake

Matches: survivor and supply raid

Will pm you Gaz when I get all schedules worked out for playtimes.

New name, same team (with 1 change in roster spot). The Last Minute Heroes are now:

The Left Behind

Colingt255/skiesofwonder
Gav220886/GavinUK86
unstableH2o/Unstable
DoubleDeazy2/DoubleTake

Matches: survivor and supply raid

Will pm you Gaz when I get all schedules worked out for playtimes.

jim.gif

Do we have a team with a direct The Last of Us reference yet?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looking forward to the matches and streams. Bad time to be going on holiday with the family, but then I'm not that good anyway :p

Updated FA List (everyone on this list should be messaging others on this list to form a team. We have 3 more team slots to fill. GO GO GO)

AbandonedTrolley
Alienous
Allonym
CrimsonSquall
Dinosur
DoubleTake
drawp
Ezio
Footos22
Freewheelin'
GavinUK86
KINGofCRA5H
KooPaL
Lingitiz
madp0k
Mullah88
NubCakes09
Palocca
shagg_187
Skiesofwonder
Sodding_Gamer
superNESjoe
Thegeoking
todd360

molnizzle

I haven't touched any TLOU multi so I'm gonna stay out of the competition, but I can't wait to watch the streams!

Come on guys. If anyone on the list below wants to send me a PM, I'm sure we'll have a team in no time. PM me now guys!

Or just feel free to quote this post, and add yourself to the team!

I'll go first:

Mortal_Monkey

We can come up with a name later. Just populate the team for now!

Updated FA List (everyone on this list should be messaging others on this list to form a team. We have 3 more team slots to fill. GO GO GO)

AbandonedTrolley
Alienous
Allonym
CrimsonSquall
Dinosur
DoubleTake
Ezio
Footos22
Freewheelin'
GavinUK86
KINGofCRA5H
KooPaL
Lingitiz
madp0k
MortalMonkey
Mullah88
NubCakes09
Palocca
shagg_187
Skiesofwonder
Sodding_Gamer
superNESjoe
Thegeoking
todd360

edit: And anyone feel free to add me on psn: Broadbandit (Looking for a replacement 4th and a possible sub)

So join the team then, or do you all already have a team and you need another member? Whatever the case, let me know. I'm down for whatever.

Moofers

So join the team then, or do you all already have a team and you need another member? Whatever the case, let me know. I'm down for whatever.
We have a team (Sangre Por Sangre) and our 4th bailed so we need another. We'll be on tonight if you wanna add me and come see if we click :)

PSN: unoillnino

Macaroni Champions

brickwalker0 / brickwalker0
Subtervotion / Church RvB
justinBbad / justinBbad
NessMcTastyy / neither

Est, Cst and Pst :) will try to narrow down later

Top Bottom