• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF The Last of Us Multiplayer Tournament

Gaz_RB

I would love two more teams, but I can work with fourteen. Thanks to everyone who has registered, and try to get back to me as soon as you can about times so I can get a schedule for everyone.

Updated

Sangre Por Sangre

PSN/GAF
Broadbandit/Broadbandito
Unoillnino/Moofers
MortalMonkey/ Mortal_Monkey
SchlitzFace/ n/a

Qwell/Qwell (Sub/Replacement (If necessary))

Hey Gaz- I have most of my team's available times but we're waiting on one of our guy's work to give him his schedule for this weekend. How long do we have until we need to get that info to you?

Hey Gaz- I have most of my team's available times but we're waiting on one of our guy's work to give him his schedule for this weekend. How long do we have until we need to get that info to you?
He was hoping by tonight.

One last push

Updated FA List (The deadline is passed but I'm sure if 2 teams spawned out of nowhere today Gaz would let it slide ;)

AbandonedTrolley
Alienous
Allonym
CrimsonSquall
Dinosur
DoubleTake
drawp
Ezio
Footos22
Freewheelin'
GavinUK86
KINGofCRA5H
KooPaL
Lingitiz
madp0k
Mullah88
NubCakes09
Palocca
shagg_187
Skiesofwonder
Sodding_Gamer
superNESjoe
Thegeoking
todd360

Moofers

Hey I'm hoping we can set up stuff for the evening mostly. I don't normally work weekends but I'm on a project that is asking us to work Saturday until the afternoon.

I didn't realize we needed to submit schedules. How do we do that?

Gaz_RB

The deadline is Thursday night so I can har a schedule for people Friday morning. And sorry everyone for the short warning, it's hard to set up scheduling for an online tourney involving teams of 4.

The deadline is Thursday night so I can har a schedule for people Friday morning. And sorry everyone for the short warning, it's hard to set up scheduling for an online tourney involving teams of 4.

Well honestly you should set up the bracket and then let the teams talk the time out to be honest. Instead of you losing your mind looking at numbers can always let the teams figure out the best time to play their matches

Strider

Well honestly you should set up the bracket and then let the teams talk the time out to be honest. Instead of you losing your mind looking at numbers can always let the teams figure out the best time to play their matches

I was thinking this too.

Might work out better and it would def take some work load away from Gaz.

Alienous

Exactly.

Teams could just negotiate a time to play with another team, then tell Gaz. Then Gaz could fill that in, and ask that other matches take place before or after if there's a conflict, for the benefit of streaming.

Gaz_RB

I may do that, I'll see how the rest of the team's schedules look like, and then Friday morning I'll post an update with what I'm going to do. I might do a loose schedule, and then the teams can decide what they want to do if that doesn't satisfy them.

Moofers

Yeah let's just try to set some kind of framework in place to prevent this thing from taking a month to complete.

Alienous

Exactly my worry with letting all the teams set up there own games.

It's as simple as "All first round matches have to happen this weekend (Saturday/Sunday). Talk with the team you are competing with, pick a time, and allocate a hour to get the match completed. Send the time to Gaz, who can fit it in, and also send the link to an account to watch a stream of the match from".

Good luck with it. I have no experience with this, but in the unlikely event you need me to help out with anything, send me a PM.

Gaz_RB

It's as simple as "All first round matches have to happen this weekend (Saturday/Sunday). Talk with the team you are competing with, pick a time, and allocate a hour to get the match completed. Send the time to Gaz, who can fit it in, and also send the link to an account to watch a stream of the match from".

Good luck with it. I have no experience with this, but in the unlikely event you need me to help out with anything, send me a PM.

Will do. We'll see how it goes this weekend. I think a hybrid system will work out alright, though I'm willing to adjust depending on what works best for the teams.

Thanks to you and everyone else for your suggestions/participation. This is going to be way better than I originally thought it would be when I made the thread haha.

Would really like to have at least 2 matches done by or before Sunday.

Edit: ALSO, we're at 15 teams now, CMON TEAM 16, SPAWN ALREADY

Gaz_RB

Would really like to have at least 2 matches done by or before Sunday.

Edit: ALSO, we're at 15 teams now, CMON TEAM 16, SPAWN ALREADY
Haha yes, I would love it if the last of the free agents could get together and make a 16th team, but I can work with 15. Better than 12 or 13.

I'm starting to get the majority of the team's openings now, and I don't think it will be an issue to knock out two matches per team by Sunday, if not more. And then we'll have fewer teams to work with, and then it will be easier for them to link up throughout the week. I would like this to be done by the next weekend, as I know people have commitments then.

Moofers

Haha yes, I would love it if the last of the free agents could get together and make a 16th team, but I can work with 15. Better than 12 or 13.

I'm starting to get the majority of the team's openings now, and I don't think it will be an issue to knock out two matches per team by Sunday, if not more. And then we'll have fewer teams to work with, and then it will be easier for them to link up throughout the week. I would like this to be done by the next weekend, as I know people have commitments then.

Denzel.jpg

Hell yes. If this actually comes together and we have a weekend of TLOU madness, I'm going to be so fuckin happy!

Love this game, love the passion here, love all of it. Cheers, everyone. I think this is happening!

Gaz_RB

Denzel.jpg

Hell yes. If this actually comes together and we have a weekend of TLOU madness, I'm going to be so fuckin happy!

Love this game, love the passion here, love all of it. Cheers, everyone. I think this is happening!

ronpaul.gif

Oh, it's happening

GavinUK86

ronpaul.gif

Oh, it's happening

giphy.gif

Gaz_RB

|||| Schedule ||||

Sangre Por Sangre VS Macaroni Champions 7:30 PDT Friday

Cincinnati One Hitters VS Team IFA 6:30 PDT Friday

The Guardians VS INFECTUS 7 PDT Friday

Hot Schadenfreude VS #TeamCG 9 PDT Friday

CheeseGAF VS Shivver Me Timbers 6 PDT Friday

The Left Behind VS The Best Friends Club 3:30 PDT Saturday

Bed, Bricks, and Beyond VS The Comeback Kids 7 PDT Saturday

Ravagers TBA based on results; first match on Saturday

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Tournament Homepage [See the bracket and where your next game may line up]
Rest of schedule will be touch and go throughout the weekend based on wins or losses. I tried to devise a schedule based on the information given, but not everyone got back to me. If for some reason these times don't work, get in touch with me and with your opposing team in order to work out a time that works best for both sides. Let's get this tournament rolling!

Gaz_RB

Updated the OP with the schedule and the new guidelines. let me know if there are any questions

|||| Protocol ||||
1 | Get into a private match with your opponent
2 | Both teams set up your stream from the PS4-make sure archiving is set on Twitch-and post the links here in the thread (one person per team); I will update the OP with the stream link so everyone on GAF can watch
3 | First game is Supply Raid played on Lakeside
4 | Switch hosts so that someone on the other team is hosting
5 | Second game is Survivors played on High School
6 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts again and play Interrogation on Dam
7 | If there is still a tie, switch hosts and play Supply Raid on Lakeside
8 | Celebrate or cry
9 | Report results in the thread

giphy.gif

Marvel

could never
No mic? Damn Marvel thats a let down. When are you gonna be on for practice then?

2am my time.. ouch thats a bit rough aint it haha.

:( I know man but family comes first, will still be able to hear everything that is said through headphones though. Late night gaming is always an issue for me.

I will be on for practice sometime later on today and off and on for most of this week!

Top Bottom