• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
COD doesn't advertise itself as a loot game. There is clear progression with weapons and unlocks. The rewards are not randomly generated.

What are you working towards though is my question? There some cool CoD end game content this time?

eznark

Banned
I only really cared about Bulaga, thankfully Cobb resigned. I just tagged Bulaga. Whatever. It's just annoying that the financial stuff is so abysmal year in and year out. I just got done with an offseason in OOTP and it's amazing. Intense negotiations, super-detailed contracts, agent interaction. It's so good and that game is basically one dude. EA can't do better? GTFO.

I started 0-4 in Ferny's money league, won 3 of my last 4, and this week I get to skullfuck Eznark and give us 3-5 teams some hope for the 6th seed!

Omg Sammy Watkins and Eddie Lacy are on bye weeks ;_; COME BACK AJ GREEN

Smokey

What are you working towards though is my question? There some cool CoD end game content this time?

XP. Levels. Weapons. Customization for your player.

You KNOW what you are getting is what I'm saying. Destiny you have no clue. It's up to the game to decide if it feels like being an ass or not with your reward. Plenty of times in here you guys have said well that shit sucked...I wasted x amount of hours and got a shard.

Even during Iron Banner it was supposed to provide an advantage to those who put in time and hopefully got high end gear. Was not the case. Some low level guy with a AR was able to walk in and rekt people who put in a ton of time for their gear.

You waste hours with no guarantee of a payout that is equal to the amount of time you put in. You hope the game favors you and rewards you for your efforts.

COD it is clearly laid out what is needed for x. There isn't an end game . The game doesn't 'start at level 20'.

eznark

Banned
XP. Levels. Weapons. Customization for your player.

You KNOW what you are getting is what I'm saying. Destiny you have no clue. It's up to the game to decide if it feels like being an ass or not with your reward. Plenty of times in here you guys have said well that shit sucked...I wasted x amount of hours and got a shard.

Even during Iron Banner it was supposed to provide an advantage to those who put in time and hopefully got high end gear. Was not the case. Some low level guy with a AR was able to walk in and rekt people who put in a ton of time for their gear.

You waste hours with no guarantee of a payout that is equal to the amount of time you put in. You hope the game favors you and rewards you for your efforts.

COD it is clearly laid out what is needed for x. There isn't an end game . The game doesn't 'start at level 20'.

I don't completely disagree, but I will say that every weapon upgrade is essentially the same as it is in CoD except for the last three damage upgrades, which requires special material.

That said, I'm playing Destiny totally wrong. I've basically been playing it like Battlefield and kind of ignoring the progression. Just spending tons of time in Crucible playing control point because it's fun. Essentially the way I am playing Destiny is exactly how I would be playing CoD, except that there is an added chance I get loot.

It's kind of retarded my character progression but I figure I have til December to hit 30, so no rush. And since Beyond Earth sucks shit I have nothing else to play anyway!

Also:

You waste hours with quite literally no payout that is equal to the amount of time you put in.
Video games in a sentence

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah the other nice thing about Destiny is the co-op. I get to play a game with friends and not have to deal with Crow's Napoleon Complex or AT's condescension.

It's dope.

TheCrow

That bitch ass Napoleon wishes he was as good as me! My win rate has gone through the roof. Now if only my partner in crime rors didn't go awol every other day.
cry.gif

Mrbob

I played as Ogre Magi last night, super fun. Now I know why you love that character Pheenix.

Also, me and FMT played some Chaos Squad last night in Sunset, pretty cool. You do some mini challenges along the way before you finish out with a horde style battle. Ferny and Smokey were mia though.

Smokey

I played as Ogre Magi last night, super fun. Now I know why you love that character Pheenix.

Also, me and FMT played some Chaos Squad last night in Sunset, pretty cool. You do some mini challenges along the way before you finish out with a horde style battle. Ferny and Smokey were mia though.

Rockets were playing.

Yeah it was fun once you figure out wtf you're doing.

Also Ferny says he wants to give his spot to rbk. Phee or cb you have any issues with that?

Ferny

My schedule was so crazy last season (and will be till December) that I felt like I was a burden for most of the season with getting games in. I had more sims last season then I can remember. Not sure if any of my opponents felt that way, but I dislike making it difficult for others to get their games in.

Ferny has to drop something in order to make time to play uh....dealing drugs? Fuck, I don't know. I never see him playing anything else.

I pretty much played Sunset Overdrive for 10 minutes and that's pretty much it for the last 4-5 days. Haven't touched anything else.

brentech

well, shit.

back to the hospital. she has to get admitted again. going to do at least 3 tests. going to go insane if they don't figure out whats eating her up.

brentech

Not really. They've ruled a lot out, so they are running out of possibilities. The doctor she is mainly working with is my own GI doctor since I have Ulcerative Colitis, and I totally trust anything he's seen or hasn't seen.

He's been real good in getting all these tests in while her store is just opening and trying to get it figured out asap. But that doesn't make it any less frustrating.
I told you GIs don't know shit. They just guess and guess. Good luck!
Probably one of the body's most complicated systems since so many things can effect it. The disease I have is mainly effected by the immune system, even though it wrecks my GI.

They cant just assume everything is the worst and do expensive tests for free. Insurance would nuke them.

I just have no trust in doctors. I broke my fibula and tibia when I was younger. After months in a cast they took the cast off too early and I rebroke both of them the next day. And I've told you about my IBS experiences. Hopefully they figure it out, sounds like you know you got a good doctor at least.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
well, shit.

back to the hospital. she has to get admitted again. going to do at least 3 tests. going to go insane if they don't figure out whats eating her up.
Best of luck. All this stuff sounds like a nightmare.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth PS4 free on PS Plus for November. Sweet. Guess I don't need to buy the PC version now.

I saw that yesterday. Thats really awesome. Cant wait.

Alot of good points there. I feel like my opinion on Destiny still goes back and forth on a daily basis. Some of the decisions in that game are crazy, and some of the decisions since launch are just as bad.

I still cant shake the feeling that you only get one raid with the retail game feels scummy. I have no clue about what went into that, but its feels like a scummy activision decision not a bungie one. Makes me not wanna buy the DLC just on general purpose.

eznark

Banned
I think that post did a good job summing it up, some of the comments clarified it as well. Ultimately it does feel a lot like a facebook/iphone game. Cow Clicker: FPS.

Thing is, the clicking mechanic is really fucking good.

brentech

Thing is, the clicking mechanic is really fucking good.
Best clicker in its genre.

All along, I've never planned to buy the DLC. Having played the game almost every day.....I still have no intention to buy DLC. (Granted I don't really buy DLC for any game as a rule. Usually only have it as part of a GOTY package or whatnot.)
For whatever reason I keep playing this game, an extra raid or whatever isn't going to change why I'm playing it. They would have to bring in some drastic changes to change my thought process.

I bought the season pass out of good faith in Bungie at launch to save the $10. I've always loved Halos campaigns and how epic the story feels, one of the few games I ever buy DLC for. Destiny has been disappointing though, I hope they step it up.

Top Bottom