• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
Guess I'll have to check. I'll probably buy it, I enjoy the actual act of playing the game and is anything else releasing this year? Dragon Age 3?

Somnia

Guess I'll have to check. I'll probably buy it, I enjoy the actual act of playing the game and is anything else releasing this year? Dragon Age 3?

Halo, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed and Far Cry (and your favorite call of duty). I don't know why I'm getting assassin's I'm kind of done with it overall, but the new one looks good and has co-op so we'll see.

edit: Captain Toad and Smash!

BigAT

I bought the season pass out of good faith in Bungie at launch to save the $10. I've always loved Halos campaigns and how epic the story feels, one of the few games I ever buy DLC for. Destiny has been disappointing though, I hope they step it up.

Can you explain your thought process behind buying the season pass at launch? Unless I'm missing something (season pass was $35 at launch, right?), it's not like you saved any money or gained anything buying it day 1 when you had no real clue if the game was going to be any good. Even if you fell in love with the game and wanted every scrap of DLC that was released, you could still pick up the season pass today with absolutely no difference.

eznark

Banned
Pretty sure you saved $10-15 buying it at launch.

Oh yeah, Far Cry, I knew there was one interesting looking game still coming out this year.

Mrbob

I bought the season pass out of good faith in Bungie at launch to save the $10. I've always loved Halos campaigns and how epic the story feels, one of the few games I ever buy DLC for. Destiny has been disappointing though, I hope they step it up.

Same here. I think Bungie got a lot of extra season pass purchases off of good will and now many are regretting the purchase.

Hopefully they can fix the game because I want to like it. The core moment to moment action is great. Just everything else about the game is not so good.

Ferny

Same here. I think Bungie got a lot of extra season pass purchases off of good will and now many are regretting the purchase.

Hopefully they can fix the game because I want to like it. The core moment to moment action is great. Just everything else about the game is not so good.

I know I am. If they had an option to get a refund on the DLC I would. For $20 that's slim pickings.

eznark

Banned
I know I am. If they had an option to get a refund on the DLC I would. For $20 that's slim pickings.

xbox owners are reporting getting refunds.

Seems like a fair bit of content for me but that's probably because I spent a few hours in a raid and didn't even finish the damn thing, so just a new raid is like 6 hours of content alone!

Ferny

xbox owners are reporting getting refunds.

Seems like a fair bit of content for me but that's probably because I spent a few hours in a raid and didn't even finish the damn thing, so just a new raid is like 6 hours of content alone!

6 hours of content or 6 hours of you trying to kill a couple bosses and some environment puzzles? Granted, they may have taken the good parts of this raid and used them for the newer one but doing that in 6 months time is questionable. I just expected more than 3 missions, 2 strikes (for ps4) and 1 raid.

Can you explain your thought process behind buying the season pass at launch? Unless I'm missing something (season pass was $35 at launch, right?), it's not like you saved any money or gained anything buying it day 1 when you had no real clue if the game was going to be any good. Even if you fell in love with the game and wanted every scrap of DLC that was released, you could still pick up the season pass today with absolutely no difference.
Read the first sentence of what you quoted again. The standard edition + season pass was $90.

eznark

Banned
6 hours of content or 6 hours of you trying to kill a couple bosses and some environment puzzles? Granted, they may have taken the good parts of this raid and used them for the newer one but doing that in 6 months time is questionable. I just expected more than 3 missions, 2 strikes (for ps4) and 1 raid.
I don't see a difference.

eznark

Banned
lol more vehichles would probably make me stop playing. I hate the two large maps that sporadically pop up in Control as it is.

eznark

Banned
Are you saying just the raid is 6 hours of content?

If i'm trying to beat Call of Duty on Veteran and it takes me 18 hours, I'm not gonna say COD singleplayer is 18 hours of content.

I would. Is there an objective definition of content length? If it takes me 45 minutes to shit one turd or blow out an assfull of corn and evil that's a 45 minute shit.

Mrbob

The most entertainment Destiny has given me is reading Eznark's plight of progress. I hope he keeps playing for this reason alone.

eznark

Banned
The most entertainment Destiny has given me is reading Eznark's plight of progress. I hope he keeps playing for this reason alone.

It's funny, and I think Brentech can relate, basically the only reason I am still playing it is because I have a dedicated console monitor in my office now.

Most days I wish I had gotten Diablo instead :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The raid is enough to justify the purchase of the DLC alone. That first raid was great fun.

My problem was there only being one in the $60 retail game

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It's funny, and I think Brentech can relate, basically the only reason I am still playing it is because I have a dedicated console monitor in my office now.

Most days I wish I had gotten Diablo instead :(

I was remembering last night how i bought call of duty ghosts and at some point was only playing it during the double XP weekends. The game was shit but i was playing it just to watch some bar go up higher faster than before. It was a really weird realization. Its different with destiny because the baseline gameplay is fun, but im kinda only playing the daily missions and bounties so i can get XP for guns and shards to upgrade. To what end? I dont even know.

BigAT

Read the first sentence of what you quoted again. The standard edition + season pass was $90.

Okay, got it. Most of the time when people talk about saving money by buying a season pass it's with regards to the amount that they save by not buying the DLC packs individually.

brentech

Pretty much sums it up. Not sure if I'll be able to make up some new reason to play after, but right now I'm on a trophy run.

Mrbob

Sunday 8am pacific or your regional equivalent. Glad it isn't Saturday PM anymore as I'll be heading out to see NightCrawler.

TheCrow

I'm in for this.

Time for the mexi stack.

mexicools.jpg

Top Bottom