• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Somnia

I like destiny but I feel I'm so far behind and can't play with you guys bc I'm level 15 only :(

I just hit 20 almost 21 and feel the same way! Get to 20 and we can do the daily and weekly strikes together to cach up. By the time we get to raid level they'll have all the tricks down (and wont run it with us!)

Sokantish

I'm sorry. :( I've been playing horde for every expansion since Burning Crusade so this time they decided they wanted to try out Alliance

any decent deals on laptops right now or any of you dudes bought one recently? i was trying to hold out for black friday but this POS laptop is crapping out faster than expected. it's a game in itself to get it to charge!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK I am with ez on the negotiations. I offer above what the guys want and not only do they reject it but then I can't even keep going with another offer. What the fuck is the point of this, just automate it. I tell the AI what guys I want to keep and it doesnt fuck me over with huge contracts. Done deal.

Greg

OK I am with ez on the negotiations. I offer above what the guys want and not only do they reject it but then I can't even keep going with another offer. What the fuck is the point of this, just automate it. I tell the AI what guys I want to keep and it doesnt fuck me over with huge contracts. Done deal.
yeah, gave 1 guy what he wanted and he accepted

thought oh, that was easy... got rejected by the next two doing the same thing

tagged one of them and that was enough negotiation for me

what are you guys offering? i have had negotiations with 8 or 9 guys and this has literally not happened to me once. i've had guys not accept and i've always been able to get more chances at it. in chris cullivers case i negotiated with him from week 1 to week 11 and had changed my offer up and down each week. are you giving lower salary and higher guarantees?

Greg

what are you guys offering? i have had negotiations with 8 or 9 guys and this has literally not happened to me once. i've had guys not accept and i've always been able to get more chances at it. in chris cullivers case i negotiated with him from week 1 to week 11 and had changed my offer up and down each week. are you giving lower salary and higher guarantees?
I offered whatever the default offer was, and it changed their status to 'not interested' and that was the end of that

rinse82

I offered whatever the default offer was, and it changed their status to 'not interested' and that was the end of that

It would help if the game also let you know how much guaranteed money they were looking for. Most likely why offers that are at the expected amount are being rejected. Not enough bonus money.

see i don't do that at all. a lot of the default offers (especially the 1 or 2 year offers) have literally no guarantees (as in, $0). i always adjust my offers from the default. i might take more out of the salary and add some into the guarantee to make up for it. never had anyone flat out reject and refuse to talk to me any further. then again i am the mighty niners! who wouldn't want to play for the crown jewel of the nfl!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have only negotiated with guys I actually want to keep. In those cases I go with what they want and bump the salary higher. So if a guy wants 1.5 mil for a year and it's 1 mil base and 500k bonus I've given 1.25 base and 500k bonus as an example and still get rejected.

I have only negotiated with guys I actually want to keep. In those cases I go with what they want and bump the salary higher. So if a guy wants 1.5 mil for a year and it's 1 mil base and 500k bonus I've given 1.25 base and 500k bonus as an example and still get rejected.

you should try 1 mil base and 750k guaranteed, for instance. if you want to reduce the overall contract, take away salary and add some to the guarantee.

with culliver like i said i negotiated with him for 11 weeks going back and forth on what i would give. he was looking for overall 3 year, $6.2 mil. the first few weeks i was at or above that number but with relatively low guarantees. by week 11 the total contract was at $6.1 but he had gotten much higher guarantees than i initially offered him

eznark

Banned
You're missing the point. For a lot of these guys it's a fucking guessing game, not a negotiation. It's a terrible, broken, piece of shit system.

You're missing the point. For a lot of these guys it's a fucking guessing game, not a negotiation. It's a terrible, broken, piece of shit system.

i don't disagree with you i'm just letting you know how to get around it (possibly).

another thing you can do is buy the "predictable" trait for guys. it makes them more predictable in contract negotiations

eznark

Banned
This is what it should offer:

iIEdfaZ9J6QyO.PNG

Just fucking rip off that system. It is perfect.

BigAT

Personally, I could never tell if EA was smart enough to actually include signing bonus when it came to comparing what a guy wants and what you offer. I often got the feeling that the game viewed an offer of $1M base and $500,000 signing bonus as just an offer of $1M.

Top Bottom