• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

JABEE

GG Trasher. That was a nail biter. Great strike to bring your team back late in the game. I was pissed off that I lost like 20 yards on that one screen! No forward progress in this game!

I had some good luck on that punt return in the end. All I needed was one good pass to seal the win. That was a defensive battle.

We posting BWL vids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR2soJtHF-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LZU9l6mtM

I'm in those ones! Fuck early BWL as Horde though. It was so absurdly obvious those encounters were tested and tuned only as Alliance.

All the vanilla raids were tuned for alliance. I remember hearing how easy Onyxia was because dwarf priests could just fear ward the tank and it was easy mode. Then there were all the mechanics which required moving around, totally fucking shaman totems. Alliance had it so easy with their Paladins.

Palladins had to worry bout auras range back then? Nothing like shaman totems still. War Stomp was the shit in PvP as a hunter.

I was horde and our first Vael kill, second on the server, was the stuff of legends. Our GM rogue soloed Vael, dodging and parrying 4 or 5 of her attacks. Vent just erupted when she went down, so much fun.

Vanilla was the best, so tedious but the payoffs made it all worthwhile.... Well not really but killing a boss like Vael for the first time is about as awesome as gaming gets.

Vance it. Eznark what's your availability like tomorrow?

Advanced to week 8

Week 8
Advance Date : November 26 @ 1 AM ET

Steelers @ Browns
Cardinals @ Bears
Raiders @ Dolphins
Patriots @ Jaguars
Jets @ Colts
Cowboys @ Vikings
Chargers @ Bills
Rams @ Lions
Eagles @ Giants
Broncos @ Packers
Titans @ Chiefs
Seahawks @ Redskins
Panthers @ Buccaneers

AFC OPTW : R. Fitzmagic 25-35 352 YDS, 2 TD
AFC DPTW : G. Atkins 6 TKL, 4 Sacks

NFC OPTW : R. Jennings 26 Car, 131 YDS, 4 TD, 2 REC, 15 YDS
NFC DPTW : D. Rodgers-Cromartie 3 TKL, 2 INT

Greg

fHlXS8Y.png

I don't even know the question anymore

BigAT

All the vanilla raids were tuned for alliance. I remember hearing how easy Onyxia was because dwarf priests could just fear ward the tank and it was easy mode. Then there were all the mechanics which required moving around, totally fucking shaman totems. Alliance had it so easy with their Paladins.

Yeah, it was kind of silly how clear it was they were creating raid encounters with only one faction in mind. The big one for BWL was that the bosses were clearly tuned for use the of Blessing of whatever from Paladins to reduce the threat of all the DPS/healers in the raid (Paladins being able to buff all 40 players while Shamans buffed 5 was another ridiculous aspect).

It made the drakes completely impossible for Horde initially. We got to the point where we could keep the tank up basically forever, but we just couldn't do enough damage to actually kill it without drawing aggro off the tank and wiping the party. We did some real dumb stuff in order to slow burn it down (re-speccing Mages to a dumb Arcane Missiles build that generated less threat, intentionally suiciding people and battle rezzing them so that their threat reset) but it still enraged at 30% or so and you had to burst. No matter what we did, it would still turn on DPS at that point.

There wasn't a single Horde guild in the world that killed the first drake before they tweaked it, whereas Alliance guilds were able to kill it and progress in BWL.

Peyton's been more trouble for me than he's been for any team I've played this season lol. My defense kinda kept me in the game but you kept making the plays when you needed to.

I'm 3-5 now after losing 4 straight. Hopefully I can turn it around in the second half of the season and get a wildcard spot.

Nightz

GG rinse. I think the game took a huge momentum swing after that fumble return for a TD. You were gashing me pretty good with Spiller up until that point. Also helped that I was able to run the ball for the first time this season. The O-line actually opened up some holes for Mathews.

From now on I'm only playing when nightz plays
I wish that our amiibos could play online. Mine's only level 17 or 18 but it's already much better than me. :(

eznark

Banned
GG rinse. I think the game took a huge momentum swing after that fumble return for a TD. You were gashing me pretty good with Spiller up until that point. Also helped that I was able to run the ball for the first time this season. The O-line actually opened up some holes for Mathews.

I wish that our amiibos could play online. Mine's only level 17 or 18 but it's already much better than me. :(

Are you not able to actually play using your amiibo? They just play themselves?

Top Bottom